We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptySun 26 Jan 2020 - 20:24

I've got such a backlog that the outside considerations of the new releases don't really cause too much of a concern. The only ideal scenario is that, early on in the year, we'd get a new Animal Crossing game that will then hopefully be supported from then onOH WAIT HANG ON IT'S BLOODY HAPPENING🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊. I found the windows 10 shortcut for emojis by the way.
If I was greedy, I'd say:

• Mario Kart 8 DX DLC in the summer - I know it's a bit late now, but I don't think they need to create a brand new game (World Tour anyone), but just tidy up things
  • Surprise! New 2D Metroid while we wait for MP4. Maybe a remastered Super Metroid or, if they ask Konami, is now the time to actually make Metroidvania?
  • Surprise! We get an announcement in a week's time for the new Pilotwings, and it drops in September.
  • Breath of the Wild 2 dropping in the holiday season - I'm not ready though
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 14:30

Q1
They give us a breather to catch up on stuff. Then: Animal Crossing.

Q2
They give us a breather to play Animal Crossing.

Q3
Something fun and surprising. Maybe an Excite Truck or a Mario Sport?
Then something cool from a third party. Would love a dedicated Monhan, natch, but I could take a collection like Mass Effect or Bioshock. I guess Bravely Default 2 could fit the bill.

Q4
We start with either Bayonetta 3 or No More Heroes 3 around the end of September/ start of October. Then for Christmas we get a biggy. Maybe one of the two we know about, but I agree that I expect Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2 need a little longer. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mario Odyssey 2 or a some new form of 2D Mario announced. A new Donkey Kong could work instead I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 19:48

Drunkalilly wrote:

Q3
Something fun and surprising. Maybe an Excite Truck or a Mario Sport?
Then something cool from a third party. Would love a dedicated Monhan, natch, but I could take a collection like Mass Effect or Bioshock. I guess Bravely Default 2 could fit the bill.

The champ wants to put his title on the line! But it's Wii Sports' Boxing that I really want to beat you at before I die.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 23:19

We could do motion control ARMS, that's not far off
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2020 - 20:02

Fair play, I thought Drunka would be happy with what's been announced but I'd be up for an Excite Truck (never played the original) or a Mario Sports, which seems more likely. I'm not that up for a new Donkey Kong unless it's in 3D, it must be said; but bring David Wise back and...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 21:22

I managed to get a nice pay-rise this month so will be picking up a Switch on payday. I've never been a fan of Animal Crossing so I'll see if reviews convince me to try it, but Odyssey and Breath of the Wild will likely be my starting point.

The remaster of Xenoblade is a big deal for me, personally - that game is brilliant. Given the Wii version is looking haggered (and the 3DS port moreso), this is the game I'm most hyped for. F-Zero GX Remaster isn't completely out of the question - that game still looks great and would be a good way of testing the waters for a new installment with minimal effort. I'd like to see Nintendo give Astral Chain a push with some DLC or a Smash character - that game was critically acclaimed yet seemed to sell poorly. Speaking of Platinum, a port of the GOTY edition of Nier Automata would be lovely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 21:57

That's tremendous to hear GJones! Grin It'll be grand to have you in the Switch-playing fold. And that's an excellent starting point. You've got Xenoblade 2 to play after you've finished XC1, too! (Please... someone... anyone...)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:20

gjones wrote:
(and the 3DS port moreso)

Ayup. I gave up on ever finishing the 3DS version as soon as the Switch version was announced. I definitely felt like I was moving something playing it on a dinky wee screen and in a rough looking state.

Good to hear you'll be getting yourself a Switch, though! I'm always jealous of those getting to experience BotW for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:57

Didn't gJones play BotW on WiiU or I'm miss remembering.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 23:08

masofdas wrote:
miss remembering.

Is she a friend of Nun the Wiser?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:40

masofdas wrote:
Didn't gJones play BotW on WiiU or I'm miss remembering.

Well remembered! I did have it on the Wii-U and wasn't keen, but I'm up for revisiting BotW given its critical acclaim from everywhere bar Mas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:59

Can I also drag Andy down with me?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 19:36

I'm in no particularly good position to tell anyone how to play their games, but one thing I did notice is that Mas and Andy seemed to take BotW much faster than most people on the forum. On that basis I'd recommend that, if GJones wants to improve his/your likelihood of seeing what everyone else sees, he/you take(s) his/your time with it. Explore all the things; go see what's over that hill; take a break to hunt and cook; and don't just run from objective to objective like it's a Mario game. BotW is like a hot bath: immerse yourself in it slowly and you'll have a grand old time, but if you're just doing it to get clean/have fun as quickly as possible you should've had a shower/played SMO.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 1:04

Have I made this up or does Andy also hate hot baths? I know he isnt a fan of hot drinks. . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 9:04

Balla isn't wrong I did finish BotW in about 25hrs with it just being pretty much objective to objective, as I didn't enjoy playing the game and didn't see much point of just wondering around.

That I only wanted to get the game finished to say I had.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 10:56

Maybe you didn't enjoy playing the game because you were playing it wrong? Winky Face

There are plenty of ways of playing BOTW and all of them valid, but not experimenting with the mechanics or exploring the world is absolutely the wrong way to play it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 11:02

I can explain why I didn't enjoy but be a long post which I talked about before.

I will have a positive of Florence coming to Switch on the 13th, get it played.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 13:40

Ive watched Mas play games which require exploration, or experimentation, or sentience, or thumbs. It never goes well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 15:22

Why Florence is so good, I can use fingers on a touch screen.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 16:44

Laughing

I hope Florence is cheap enough anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 18:12

Laughing Nice one Mas. Florence will likely depend on price, but I could do with a good short game.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Maybe you didn't enjoy playing the game because you were playing it wrong? Winky Face

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Especially not if the glass is tropical ice, and you're trying to throw a stone together with a friend when it's obviously only big enough for one person to throw.

But yep. The whole 'there's no wrong way to play a game' only holds up if you're enjoying it, I feel. That's as true for Celeste and turning on its Assist Mode if the difficulty's bothering you as it is for how you approach BotW.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 19:55

I like coffee but I do hate baths.

I think from all these comments my issues with BOTW are very different though. My main issue was with the puzzles and the fact they never quite felt right. I like to find the solution and feel smart, BOTW always felt like I kind of cobbled it together so it worked kind of enough. Good for those who like playing with a sandbox, bad for satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Feb 2020 - 21:31

Buskalilly wrote:
Have I made this up or does Andy also hate hot baths? I know he isnt a fan of hot drinks. . .

Hot drinks are shit.

I'm not in the BotW game of the century camp. It's very very good though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 11:26

I wouldn't say game of the century either, or millenium, as that implies something before 2000 might be superior.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
My main issue was with the puzzles and the fact they never quite felt right. I like to find the solution and feel smart, BOTW always felt like I kind of cobbled it together so it worked kind of enough. Good for those who like playing with a sandbox, bad for satisfaction.

Huh - Im the other way around. I get a much greater sense of satisfaction if it feels like the solution was my own, rather than there being only one and I just understood what the developer was telling me to do.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 18:12

Oh I know, I'm being facetious. It's a special game in many ways and I'm looking forward to watching it vicariously in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 24 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 38  Next