We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 19:56

Same, it's making Animal Crossing a nightmare to play in handheld mode. Seems to be a wider issue as well, either NH makes it more noticeable or people don't usually play their Switch as much as they are right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 19:59

You can try updating your controllers in the System Settings, specifically in the Controllers and Sensors bit. That's helped me before.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 20:12

I'll give that a go and see if that works. I've had several frustrating moments digging holes in the wrong place and ending up with wonky landscaping in AC:NH already.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:00

Treesmurf wrote:
Same, it's making Animal Crossing a nightmare to play in handheld mode. Seems to be a wider issue as well, either NH makes it more noticeable or people don't usually play their Switch as much as they are right now.

I could believe either. AC involves standing still more than most games, so perhaps that's why slight drifts to the North or whatever are much more noticeable than in games which generally involve always pressing the stick in one direction or another.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
You can try updating your controllers in the System Settings, specifically in the Controllers and Sensors bit. That's helped me before.

I didn't know this was a thing, I might try it. I'm getting a teensy bit of the drifty drifty with New Horizons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:26

Aye, I read late last night that there was a joycon (pro controllers can have firmware updates too) controller update alongside the recent Switch's system update.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:52

Yeah but the Joy-con update was just to use the infra-red sensor to measure your body temp all the time so Nintendo can feed stats back to China, who want to know how the COVID-19 bioweapon that they're spreading through 5G towers is effecting people.

Duh.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 18:39

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 18:50

When my Joy-Cons were drifting, updating and resyncing the sticks was the first thing I tried to no joy. A spray of WD-40 contact cleaner sorted them out, but only for a while. I'm thinking the contacts have eroded. Aww! Should send them off at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 21:52

While I've never had the drift myself (don't use joycons all that much) I was interested enough to look it up last year or so and the issue is apparently the contacts themselves. They're metal and they scrape against the little circuit board sensors wearing them away.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 22:06

The impression I get is that there might be a couple of different causes - one is that, one is gunk building up underneath. That's why WD40 works for some people (gets rid of the gunk) but not others (no amount of huffing and puffing is going to fix eroded sensors).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 10:41

I heard that sticking them up your bum can mess with them a bit, but I always use a rubber and at least a bit of lube so it shouldn't be the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 12:16

Ahh so that's how you beat the staff ghosts in MK8 deluxe.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2020 - 2:03

I've noticed my first wee bit of Joycon drift today, sadly. I spotted the character select cursor slowing shifting left during a few rounds of Smash. Shite. Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020 - 14:06

How easy is it to stream stuff from a Switch, does anyone know? Muss? Bonus points if done from a Mac? I ask because I've purchased an Elgato and am intending to do some Jackbox with mates, Muss-style. Looks like I need to download some streaming software as well...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:17

Muss uses his PC and uses Discord's built in screen sharing system.

I know next to nothing about streaming or video capture, but I do know the Switch Lite doesn't have a video out port so you're shit outta luck if you want to capture footage from that. Think you're fine there though, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:26

Yep, got a Switch Heavy.

Bah, though. It would have been much much cheaper to buy Jackbox on Mac rather than to get the Elgato. Maybe I'll be able to use it to revive Videos Games as well?

(I won't use it to revive Videos Games.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:01

When I get round to installing home internet, I do intend to get the gear to stream some switch. Got to push my brand, innit?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 13:16

Balladeer wrote:
How easy is it to stream stuff from a Switch, does anyone know?  Muss?  Bonus points if done from a Mac?  I ask because I've purchased an Elgato and am intending to do some Jackbox with mates, Muss-style.  Looks like I need to download some streaming software as well...

There's a few ways you can go with it.

As Jay says, I use discord to stream games from my pc. Being a gamer focused service, discord automatically detects when I'm running a game through steam and gives me the option of steaming it when I go on the screen share options within a call. This is probably because there's some steam integration or graphics card driver integration within discord that picks up a game's given ID. This mode automatically shares the audio of the game, and the game only, in addition to the screen.

The same cannot be said of an elgato capture card, so I doubt it will let you stream the game with its audio. However, it would be possible to screen share it without the sound. Could be good for your viewers though, given that it's Jackbox Laughing

If you really wanted sound, you would probably be better off downloading OBS, using it to broadcast your footage on Twitch while also having a separate discord chat [which you don't broadcast]. So people would join the discord call, minimise it, and view the twitch stream. If you choose to do this, make sure you edit the settings on any Jackbox games which permit you to extended timers as this will help account for any delays happening over Twitch.

I've downloaded and opened OBS once on my laptop and have not really got to grips with it yet so I cannot offer any tips I'm afraid, but it's what most of your streamers use.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 12:23

How would my viewers cope with no Smitty though? Crying or Very sad Cheers for that Muss, sounds like we're going about it in slightly different ways but I'll give OBS a shot I think (assuming it's free). Visuals are more important than audio for JB as you say, so I might start with that and see if it's satisfactory before I confuse myself/get lost down an online rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:15

Yeah, OBS is free and there are plenty of video/written tutorials for it. Might be quite a lot to take in if you're not used to any sort of video software but I'm sure you'll be fine. There are lots of different options out there too, but it is the most popular.

Likewise, I bet people have made a bunch of Elgato-Discord tutorials.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 21:46

Oh a version of Colors (no I didn't forget the U) is coming to Switch & it has a pretty nifty looking pressure sensitive stylus with it too.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/excellent_digital_art_software_colors_is_making_a_grand_comeback_on_nintendo_switch

(side note & fun fact: Our very own Grackler was made on colors 3d)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 7:47

Back on page 23, I came up with my ideal 2020 for the Switch. Q1 was admittedly empty; Q2 was meant to have a medium-sized non-port game each month, which definitely hasn't happened - but, y'know, for understandable reasons. However, I then said (in January):

Balladeer wrote:
The big summer game hits in June: it is a new Mario RPG that's been in the works for a while and, after poor sales of the last few, goes back to having non-series NPCs and RPG elements.  (It won't be TTYD-levels.  I'm being optimistic, not unrealistic.)  Also, Disco Elysium comes to Switch as a 'playable NOW' announcement in the E3 Direct, and I play and enjoy it despite my misgivings; and the Pokémon DLC has winding labyrinths filled with trainers and stuff that aren't horrendous to trudge through.

Well now. We've had both Disco Elysium and the Mario RPG announced (bit later than Q2 but never mind). Obviously I'm not expecting this year to match up to my ideal 2020 (although seriously fellas what's happened to Wario), for various reasons; but if we can get a cut-down corona-affected version I'd be chuffed!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 9:49

Think by the end of the year it look a tad like this

Jan TMS, Brain Training
Feb Nothing
March Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Good Job, Animal Crossing which will be the big game of 2020
April Nothing
May Xenoblade Chronicles
June Clubhouse Games
July Paper Mario

Then I'm predicting
Aug Bravely Default II
Sep Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Oct Mario 3D World Deluxe
Nov Mario 3D Collection
Dec Nothing

Those just Nintendo published games as you've also got exclusives like Deadly Premonition 2 to come, DLC such as Pokémon, Indies such as Disco Elysium, ports of older games like Burnout, new releases like LEGO Star Wars etc

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 15 May 2020 - 10:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 10:27

That'd keep me happy.

To be honest, I'd probably be able to make do with Animal Crossing and the Pokemon DLC, but I'm finding myself much more willing to devote myself to just one game lately.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 10:39

It’s a shame the EoY signature awards aren’t a thing any more, else I’d definitely be voting for ‘Crease yourself before you deceased yourself.’ Thumbs Up!

I imagine we’ll get something else in the latter end of the year - after all, Origami King came out of almost nowhere, and I doubt everything’s been leaked. That looks a bit empty as Mas puts it, but (a) COVID and (b) I’m sure that combined with backlog, indie releases, and the many hours spent on ACNH I’ll have enough to tide me over. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next