RIP Enrico Morricone - I Hope He Makes Lotsa Spaghetti Western Soundtracks in Heaven

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 10:05

Only two Baten games which do use cards, also you're right PSOEIII has card system, also From Software's Lost Kingdom.

GameCube is the best.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Din
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 12:06

Yep, I'd answered my own question before I even finished typing it.

I've never really clicked with a digital card game. I like the tactile feeling of playing with real cards, and if I'm playing a videogame I don't need to pretend to be playing a card game about pretending to battle monsters or whatever; the double layer of abstraction feels weird to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 12:18

Guess with those games you're a real life Yugi or something and seeing your cards come to life in the battle mechanic of those RPG'S instead of a sword or magic, where a MTG Video Game is the same as if I was playing at home but with cool animations.

I do like a digital card game mainly because how many people do I know in Real Life want's to play the Final Fantasy TGC.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 13:52

I generally prefer playing a board game in their authentic setting, but I do appreciate the automated maintenance of a computer game.

We play Legend of the Five Rings, which is a living card game (and we'll probably get into Arkham Horror too). They're both great but once you start picking up a few expansion packs you're inundated with cards. It becomes a bit of a hassle trying out different decks because you've got to keep things organised. I might feel differently if there was a local scene for that game though, as it stands it's all Magic the Gathering here which I'm not really into.

Games like Slay the Spire are able to add a bunch of elements that would be a pain to implement in an actual board/card game because they let the computer handle all the maths. I like the abstraction in deck building dungeon crawlers because of the way it lets me build a unique variant on an archetype each go, but then again I've always liked turn-based games because they give you time to think.

Can't beat that new card/board game smell though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 14:07

I'm not usually one for card-based video games myself, but Slay the Spire is ace and definitely warrants further attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 18:42

Apart from some standard card games like pontoon and Scabby queen I wasn't into them as much until I properly tried Gwent in Witcher 3 but now if you pair that with roguelite elements then you'll have my interest.

Slay the Spire is honestly one of the best games on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 12:17

I did cave and buy Monster Train on steam in the end. It's really good. I'd say that Slay the Spire is still better, but Monster Train is a good game in it's own right and each run seems faster to me which isn't a bad thing either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:18

What I like about deck-building RPGs compared to a real-world game is the combination of the plot/context and levelling up of an RPG combined with the fact that you don't have to shell out stupid amounts of money for a deck. Also I get really competitive playing real people. Sometimes you just want to use your deck to smash mooks you can challenge as many times as you want, y'know?

Anyway I shouldn't talk like an expert, I've only played the one. Embarrassed Would still recommend Steamworld Quest to anyone, particularly those who don't want a stupidly long JRPG to eat hours of their life but don't mind some turn-based battling and writing focus.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:22

I will also chime in and say SteamWorld Quest is good from the few hours I've played
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
One of Sonic's Friends
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:57

It's not a deck building game but on the subject of SteamWorld, SteamWorld Heist is incredible. Basically 2D XCom with Robots in space.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Disciple of Scullion
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 19:12

Yes! I enjoyed SteamWorld Heist a lot.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 21:13

Also shooting robots hats off then taking said hat never gets old.
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
One of Sonic's Friends
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 23:12

Absolutely. As good as the game is on its own merits, I would wager that it's the best video game where you collect hats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29