We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+7
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 14:02

Reckon I need to be rooting for England to do well more often...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 18:42

I presume that Panama aren't terribly good though? I mean, Russia beat Saudi Arabia by a bigger margin.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 19:14

Balladeer wrote:
I presume that Panama aren't terribly good though?  I mean, Russia beat Saudi Arabia by a bigger margin.

Aye, I believe that was their first ever goal in the world cup which says it all really.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Jun 2018 - 19:17

Think Panama were too busy trying to impress the WWE scouts in attendance. I let the forum down to be fair when England's first went in, I went apeshit. In hindsight my real allegiance is to Panama.

England beat Panama by the same margin Russia beat the Saudis.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 5:55

England are top of their group and Harry Kane is top goalscorer, so I'll take this.

I watched the game in a bar full of Japanese guys; me and one other bloke were the only brits in there. Every time England scored, the entire bar wanted to high five us. By the end of the game, my hands were genuinely hurting Laughing

I then stayed around for the Japan game. The atmosphere in the bar was incredible; cheering and screaming and applause for every little ebb and flow of the game. Really exciting match, as well, unlike England committing murder.

And best of all, I actually found some places that serve cider! I hadn't had a pint of the good stuff for more than five months!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 12:17

England might need to watch out for Columbia.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2018 - 21:37

Oh good, Portugal are going to draw their way to another major tournament. Hooray.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 16:01

At the moment we've got

Muss with Spain against Jas with Russia
EofGiz with Uruguay against Andy with Portugal
Jimbob with France against Balla with Argentina
Cappa with Croatia against Smurf with Denmark

in the last 16
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 23:08

Gutted for my Nigerian lads there. Argentina have been pretty pants all tournament and they squeaked past there right at the end.

My only hope rides with England now. BRING FOOTBALL HOME FOR JAY, BOYS.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 16:54

GERMANY, YER TEAS OOT!!!

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 17:57

This World Cup really does seem wide open! I'd never have thought Germany would crash out so badly. Argentina scrapped through, Brazil were not convincing against Costa Rica, Spain look wobbly and France haven't got out of 2nd gear yet.

I'm looking at the knockout brackets and thinking very few of the big names are in any sort of form.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 18:03

Form good or bad tends to go out the window in knockout style competitions though, so I can see one or two of the big teams kicking into gear now especially any that had a scare in the group stage.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 20:40

Unfortunately my Facebook feed, normally fairly footie-free, has been filled with people yelping about Germany. Is it still the war thing? It's still the war thing isn't it.

Anyway, I'm pinning all my hopes on Argentina. Which is not a good place to have one's hopes.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2018 - 22:21

In 2010 Germany knocked England out of the World Cup 4-1, but the score should have been 2-2 at Half-time because the referee judged Lampard's shot not to have crossed the line, when it had. I think there's a lot of weak chat about "justice" because this time Germany conceded a goal against South Korea which was initially ruled offside but then overturned upon review and given as a goal.

That said, there's always a lot of shite war "banter" when international football rolls around.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 1:56

The Germany thing isn't just the English, though. It's more to do with the fact that Germany have been consistently, clinically dominant in world and European football for a while now, to the point they made competitions seem boring. People want them out of the way so there's more to play for, and now they've got it.

That said, I'm not in the UK right now. I bet the Brexit bunch are being insufferable, huh?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 7:42

Good news everybody! Last night's Switzerland result means that we've all got at least one team heading into the second round as part of the last sixteen.

Four more group games today, and then it'll be time to unveil the *special prize* that the eventual winner will receive...!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 8:27

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Four more group games today, and then it'll be time to unveil the *special prize* that the eventual winner will receive...!

I'm suddenly very grateful to be far away where Cappa can't touch me . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 15:39

Air shipping is a thing. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 18:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
That said, I'm not in the UK right now. I bet the Brexit bunch are being insufferable, huh?

Happily I don't know... all I know is that there are some Brexit-themed footie 'songs' going around. The difference between Brexit and football being, of course, than in football you shoot *with* your foot...

Muss wrote:
That said, there's always a lot of shite war "banter" when international football rolls around.

So much of this. Also: the way it seems to be mostly Germany and Argentina.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 22:47

That last match was baws, and I think we'd all like a heartfelt apology from both JayMoyles and Jimbob on behalf of England and Belgium.

On a happier note, the last sixteen is coming up next! And we're all in it to win it - masofdas, Drunkalilly, Jimbob, EofGizmo and treesmurf each have two teams in the second round, and the rest of us slumming it with just the one apiece.

For the winner, what a special, astonishing, breathtaking prize I've got on offer. If your team wins the World Cup...

...*drumroll*...

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Thu 28 Jun 2018 - 23:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stealth Edit~!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2018 - 22:52

Like most you've forgot Mas and Switzerland not just Columbia.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018 - 3:28

That's a quality prize! I can't wait to see what Jay comes up with.

Man, last night's game really was a shiter. I know why it happened, and why England acted like they had nothing to play for, but I was so gutted they didn't top the group as our next game would have been England/ Japan. Christ, what a night out that would have been!

Something tells me both those teams aren't making it to the final, but man if they do . . . I'll die from alcohol poisoning. No doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2018 - 22:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
That last match was baws, and I think we'd all like a heartfelt apology from both JayMoyles and Jimbob on behalf of England and Belgium.

Nearly all of the games yesterday were pretty crap - nobody was playing with any urgency, even Japan on the brink of elimination.

Top prize - time to think up some JRPG related usernames. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySat 30 Jun 2018 - 8:26

Can we also change your profile pic? I think a new name deserves a new pic...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 EmptySat 30 Jun 2018 - 9:44

This is a blinding prize! I feel like there has to be a profile picture change to go alongside it, but that Cappa should choose the picture - he's already risking enough by putting his name (potentially) in our hands...

(Drunka, what's 'Firipusu' in katakana?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!   The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great GNamer Forum 2018 FIFA World Cup Sweepstake: Jimbob Wins, Thanks For Playing!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next