We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game

Go down 
+7
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Athrun888
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 0:49

I can't really respond to most of that as I'm not as invested in the series as some of the gang on here, but I'll agree with you in wishing that the series wasn't as hand-holdy at points. I don't recall R/B/Y having much of a tutorial beyond the opening Oak scenes and the bit with the old man who gives you a nudge in regards to how to catch Pokémon. It left you to your own devices beyond that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 16:40

Handholding, and particularly compulsory unskippable tutorials, are terrible design wherever they appear, granted.

Athrun888 wrote:
>Guzma, Gladion, and matters of the cast

Nanu tho

Athrun888 wrote:
Lets look at what another big Nintendo series, Zelda, did with such a milestone. It took many a design decision that knew it was a long franchise with multiple types of players, from completely green newbies to veterans with decades of experience under their belt, and it managed to cater to every single one.

WARNING: MASOFDAS ANGERED
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 16:47

I am as someone who's played and finished every 3D Zelda part from MM.

BotW did nothing for me, the only thing is I've now seen more and more people saying similar to me, that I think it's some how become cool to not like it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 17:37

People talk more about negative experiences than positive ones - if you've enjoyed something, it's not as common for you to shout about how great it was than if you'd hated it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 17:43

Sure but it's suddenly become a thing and do think people are hating on it because it's the cool thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 3:26

The world is full of idiots, that's nothing new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 10:51

Drunkalilly wrote:
The world is full of idiots, that's nothing new.

Yeah as I can you reasons since it came out why I don't like it but not liking it because it seems cool is idiotic.

On Pokémon, I'd likely put Let's Go at the top of the spin-offs (remember I've not played XD) and would sneak into my Top 10 which if I was doing again would be different anyway due G/S/C and HGSS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 10:59

JayMoyles wrote:
People talk more about negative experiences than positive ones - if you've enjoyed something, it's not as common for you to shout about how great it was than if you'd hated it.

THIS.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 11:07

Either that or the popular thing but I am seeing it more and if it's genuine then I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 12:14

I'm glad we did this vote when we did because now we'll never have to have the tedious "are lets go main series games" debate.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 22:59

Didn't the director of Let's Go! say they were basically remakes of Yellow anyway? I'd chuck them into the same bracket as HG/SS and whatnot, albeit with remixed mechanics.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 23:51

See I thought Nintendo said they weren't and using that to get us excited for the mainline game in 2019.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 2:30

They did call Lets Go "main series" games but, as a podcast recently mentioned, Nintendo also said the Switch was a third pillar and wouldnt replace the Wii U. Its marketing, take it with a pinch of a salt.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 9:41

Yep and so was the DS back in the day.

I don't know what I read then but it was definitely here's let's go that keep you busy this year till we've got the proper game to show in 2019.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 20:54

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm glad we did this vote when we did because now we'll never have to have the tedious "are lets go main series games" debate.

My thought process when reading this went something like, 'Ha, is that even a debate?  It's obviously a spin-off because it... because... er.  Hm.  I see.'

It's deliberately a mix of the two though isn't it?  The battling and exploration of a main game, combined with the catching of a spin-off.  Because of that 2:1 balance I think I'd actually consider it a main game. Shocked

OH NO I'M DISCUSSING THAT THING THAT'S DULL TO DISCUSS

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

THIS.

Maybe in general - I think we're pretty balanced here, at any rate!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2018 - 23:13

Oh, absolutely! In fact, I'd say we moan at each other for praising something to the point of overhyping it more often than being overly negative about a game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6