We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyWed 6 May 2020 - 15:37

Applause Zelgerath doing God's work.

I agree with Drunka's taste on this one. Some of the built-up islands look mighty impressive, but I personally prefer things to look rural and foresty with a smattering of paths and civilisation here and there. Space is nice.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyWed 6 May 2020 - 16:28

JayMoyles wrote:
Can't see the likes of KK Slider coming to perform in a field - that dog's got standards.

The dog who wears no clothes has standards?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyThu 7 May 2020 - 18:53

Buskalilly wrote:
I went to my friend Shana's island today and fucking hell, it was like playing a different game entirely. Paving, fences, organisation . . . it was more like a city from Pokemon than an animal forest.

It was impressive, but doing that to my island doesn't really appeal to me. The idyllic, rural, living-with-the-animals thing is part of the vibe, innit?

One of my friends has done the same. It's got a ski chalet and a music stage and she's making a baseball pitch... I think it might be nice to do that to the run-up to the airport, have an intricately designed 'driveway' if you will; and possibly even to the residential district. The rest of the island, though... yep I'd rather it was natural-feeling. In fact, I'm considering putting the weeds back once I've hit five stars.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptySun 10 May 2020 - 16:51

OrangeRakoon wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Can't see the likes of KK Slider coming to perform in a field - that dog's got standards.

The dog who wears no clothes has standards?

Look, he won't even sniff at an island if it's got less than three stars. That dog knows what's up.

I've got parts of my island still somewhat natural with a few decorations here or there - I'm not making a sprawling town like some folks or anything here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 May 2020 - 21:17

I will occasionally have ideas of things here and there that I want to make but I still wanna keep it rural in places, I do enjoy having a project to work on though even if I change it within about a week.

My Island has some areas where things are grouped together and I've done pathways but wouldn't wanna make it too orderly as it wouldn't feel like Animal Crossing. Curious to see how some people's islands are looking, haven't seen most since the first week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 8:53

Treesmurf wrote:
Curious to see how some people's islands are looking, haven't seen most since the first week.

Maybe we should start a little cribs series for our islands. Each week, someone is in the spotlight, everyone else visits, takes screenshots and posts their thoughts all up in here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 10:57

I'm up for that!

Balladeer wrote:
In fact, I'm considering putting the weeds back once I've hit five stars.

You can get 5 stars with weeds. I never got rid of all my weeds, hit 5 stars, and now I've grown loads more in my forest area and I'm still at 5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 19:43

I've weeded the place now, it can stay that way! Hissy fit

Theoretically up for GNamer island-hopping, but I must warn you: there's really nothing much to see on mine. The Lady's constructing an orchard from scratch: I have a few path tiles. Speaking of orchard construction, do you ever get to adjust the beach/grass divide?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 21:03

I think the border between the grass and the beach is the one thing that can't be altered.

I can invite you all round my island at some point - although it's basically my mum's island! I have done very little. Except I am a horticultural master. Why am I? I hate going anywhere near my own garden in real life.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 21:23

Hidden talent, clearly, just waiting to be discovered.

Jimbob wrote:
I think the border between the grass and the beach is the one thing that can't be altered.

Boo. Seems a bit of an oversight. There's a ruddy great rock just sitting there, doing nothing, that I'd quite like to get rid of too - but presumably can't.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 12 May 2020 - 23:10

Presumably you don't mean one of the grey ones you have dotted around the island? Because you can eat a piece of fruit and smash those bad boys to pieces and they regenerate elsewhere in the island within the next day or two.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 10:55

Rum Rapture wrote:
Presumably you don't mean one of the grey ones you have dotted around the island? Because you can eat a piece of fruit and smash those bad boys to pieces and they regenerate elsewhere in the island within the next day or two.

I saw a picture on Twitter where she had all her rocks in a nice little fenced-off rock garden. The caption was something like "I finally got all my rocks in one place!"

I now understand how painstaking that must have been . . .
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 11:47

They respawn at a rate of 1 a day, so basically only ever smash up one at a time if you always want max rockage.

It is a little bit of a shame the beach can't be terraformed. All of these things are fixed at island generation and can't be changed:

- The beach in general
- The rock areas on the beach
- The hidden beach on the north side
- The two river mouths
- The headland that juts out into the sea
- The fishing pier
- The airport
- The plaza/resident services

I'm pretty happy with most of mine, but my rock areas are all really small so I get a bit jealous when I see other people being able to do cool things with them! My headland though does appear to have a lot more area to it than most, so I guess that was the trade-off - and I really appreciate having the room for a lighthouse with fences on all sides
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 18:43

I suppose it'll help the natural look, but yep: bit annoying. Presumably easy to change, too. That's the trouble with trying to criticise this game: given the early additions of Leif and Redd, who knows what changes they're going to make down the line? In which case the early grafting might feel all the sweeter. Or I might just wonder why those additions aren't in the game in the first place. Neutral

I'm beginning to get a little sad about my total lack of scorpions. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptySun 24 May 2020 - 22:53

Got this a few days ago and have been enjoying it a lot. Has made a better impression on me than New Leaf did - which I did enjoy but had mixed feelings about some of its innovations, as well as the lack of them in some areas.

First of all, it's minor but I'm glad they dropped the mayor thing. It was fine and even fun from a gameplay perspective, but I prefer your character to be just a random person in the village who takes a more prominent role from pro-activeness and not because it's randomly handed down to you.

I like how much more there is to do in these first few days, even if it is partly achieved by giving you less at the start, but the added choices and involvement you have in setting up the island more than make up for it. And though I've embraced the goalless and endless nature of Animal Crossing outside of the obvious - paying off the loans, collecting furniture for the catalogue and exhibits for the museum - it's nice to have even more to shoot for through Nook Miles.

Also liking the museum's redesign. Looks real nice.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 May 2020 - 21:00

Kriken wrote:
Also liking the museum's redesign. Looks real nice.
IT BLOODY DOES DOESN'T IT
Sorry, I still get excited about the museum - it now looks better than many real museums.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 0:11

I enjoyed the museum stamp drive that was on (is still on?) recently. It gave me an excuse to wander my now substantially fuller museum, which wasn't something I've done since the first few weeks of the game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 8:15

I'd been deliberately putting off visiting my museum so I could enjoy it when it was more full, and I'm glad I did. The stamp rally was really nice.

I love museums.

In other news, to the surprise of no-one, I noticed the other day that I am over 100 hours on this game (along with Pokemon Sword).

I love the Switch.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 10:15

The stamp rally was cute once, but a bit baffling that the locations are randomised each day but there is almost no point repeating it because the reward is just duplicated. I would have preferred needing to find all of the stamp locations at once, as it is I've missed out on most of them because there is not enough motivation to repeat the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 14:32

Buskalilly wrote:

In other news, to the surprise of no-one, I noticed the other day that I am over 100 hours on this game (along with Pokemon Sword).

I recently broke the 135 hour mark. One of my colleagues recently broke the 270 hour mark. Coconuts!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 May 2020 - 22:01

Agreed with OR about the Stamp Rally (given that the plaques only sell for 300 apiece). Also: why do we need to be told about it every day?

Kriken wrote:
I like how much more there is to do in these first few days, even if it is partly achieved by giving you less at the start, but the added choices and involvement you have in setting up the island more than make up for it. And though I've embraced the goalless and endless nature of Animal Crossing outside of the obvious - paying off the loans, collecting furniture for the catalogue and exhibits for the museum - it's nice to have even more to shoot for through Nook Miles.

Yes! They really nailed the pacing early doors on this one in my opinion. Smile

Trouble is, I'm now in the period where the pacing has slowed a bit. That's fine: it was always going to, that's inevitable, and I'm sure they'll drop a cool new update again soon. It's the repetition that's getting to me a bit. Again, there's only so much they can do with that, but I swear I read the 'MUSCLE MADNESS!' spiel every day. Blathers isn't helping either. Surely wanting a few more lines from my robot ostrich who doesn't have any organic muscles anyway, in a game designed to be played daily for months, isn't unreasonable?

Also: why the feck do we get bloody Leif every week and Redd once in a blue moon? And then he has a ship full of fakes? Hissy fit (On the plus side I did get a haunted dogu which is pretty swish.)

On more positive matters, I got my first meteor shower the other night, and duly gave my gnome a moon kingdom to rule over in the top of my house. Meanwhile The Lady's putting hours into creating her orchard and searching for the elusive golden trout. I may have created a monster...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2020 - 20:20

Redd has turned up literally once on my island. I must be missing him on the odd days I've skipped playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 11:16

I had Redd yesterday, got a nice painting in my museum this morning Grin
I wouldn't want Redd to appear too often, I'm expecting this game to last me for like the next five years!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 19:55

It is very unlikely I'll be playing it this time next year. Laughing Did get a painting today though!

The start of a new summer month is always great though - new stuff turning up in the water and the air! There's finally some good reasons to fish in the river now. Lots of tropical fish.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 19:58

Tropical Fish are lame all about Marine or at least Cichlids.

I've not played for ages now, but might have a play tomorrow because of the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   bantz - Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next