Enjoy a wee bit of afternoon delight while you're listening to the Cannon Fodder theme.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 16:50

Another NES game and an almighty four SNES games are being put up on NIntendo Switch Online next week.

My feeling about Donkey Kong Country 3 is that if you've got the first two then you may as well have the third. I liked it well enough on Wii Virtual Console, it's worth a playthrough. I've got no clue about Super Valis IV, but all I know is that I've definitely never seen it on anybody's 'Best SNES Games Ever!' type of lists.

The other three are entirely predictable fare, with Tuff E Nuff and Ignition Factor coming from Jaleco and Nightshade coming from PIKO Interactive. They're two companies that seem happy to license their games to anybody and to anywhere - all this stuff is already on the Evercade, on Antstream, and all those odd non-branded retro mini consoles. Anyway, Tuff E Nuff is spectacularly average, I've never played Ignition Factor, and I couldn't be buggered with Nightshade.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Snack Review
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 19:50

I'm certainly curious to try Nightshade, but I'd not heard of that or Valis either.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Kriken
FMK Tagline
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 21:46

I'm still replaying DKC2 but it's good to have 3 on there too. Tempted to jump right into it. I still really like it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2020 - 0:08

I'm doing this thing of playing all the Marios and I'm about to start the Zeldas, but I should also do the Donkey Kongs at some point. I've always been adamant that the platforming and graphics are a bit gross next to Super Mario World but I liked the Wii and Wii U ones so I should give them another go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 12:50

I turned on my Switch this morning to see that there's a week-long free Game Trial for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Get amongst that - it's a brilliant cart racer and it was one of my favourite games of 2019.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Kriken
FMK Tagline
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 14:05

Thanks for the heads up. I used to have it on cartridge so it'd be nice to play it again and be able to play with some peeps online maybe - must be especially harder finding people online on Switch for it now though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 21:43

I've downloaded it with the intention to play, with every game trial so far I've either not bothered or gave up after 20 minutes, Disgaea and Rune Factory were far too slow starting for a game trial.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured Online
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 19:40

@The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I turned on my Switch this morning to see that there's a week-long free Game Trial for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Get amongst that - it's a brilliant cart racer and it was one of my favourite games of 2019.  Thumbs Up!

Ha, did you hear me laying into it during our last Among Us session? Laughing

I played half an hour of it and packed it in. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 22:19

There's your problem. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is one of those games that you need to invest at least thirty-one minutes into 😐
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 19:06

I reckon I put 32 minutes in to it although at least 10 of that was getting through all the licensing agreements and all the like. Anyway boring game that does nothing better than Mario Kart, maybe it was as good as MK64 back in the day but compared to MK8D... Whoa! (the Crash version of the word, not a good whoa).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Kid from a To Rose
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 21:07

The retail version of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled has a sticker on the front saying "WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE FROM MANCHESTER", that's the issue there.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2021 - 22:39

I need to have a word with Game in Manchester then because they must have removed that sticker, can't blame them I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8