We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 9:51

Yass mate, love a bit of Pokemon Snap!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyFri 17 Jun 2022 - 12:37

I've never played the original, but I enjoyed what I played of the new one last year. Having said that, I should probably go back and finish that before trying the original.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 18 Jun 2022 - 9:24

The original can be pretty much 100%-ed in a single sitting, but it's a really nice chill experience to sit down and revisit every six months or so.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 13:09

Mair SNES and NES gumpf:

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 Watch?v=yxju2frV6PI

I’ve played very little of Kirby’s Avalanche/Ghost Trap in the past so that’s a nice bonus. I’ve never heard of that NES game in my puff. You really need to check out Fighter’s History for yourselves – it’s such a blatant and bare-arsed rip-off of Street Fighter II that Capcom sued Data East for copyright. We’re talking Giana Sisters/Super Mario Bros stuff here, or more modernly we’re talking about the near-identical similarities between Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and a steaming heap of dog poo that’s been melting in the record-breaking heat.

Absolutely loop back round to Pokemon Puzzle League as well – a true N64 great, it’s rock-solid Panel de Pon that’s lifted up high by its presentation and exclusive modes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 8:42

Kirby's Ghost Trap was the first Puyo Puyo I'd played, so it's the most familiar. Having said that it's the same as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine innit?

Actually, on that, when did we start getting Puyo Puyo just under its own brand? I only remember the above, and I think Total! magazine only referenced Hebereke's Popoon, which was based off that Uforia thing.

Secretly looking forward to Fighter's History Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 10:14

GameCube era I think
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2022 - 9:29

There’s the brilliant Wave Race 64 made it’s inevitable Switch Online debut.

I think this still really impresses in a lot of ways – the wave physics are an obvious one, but the way the fog lifts off the surface of Drake Lake as you complete each lap is still a genuinely cool gaming moment. The only problem with Wave Race 64 before was the iffy PAL 50hz conversion and it’s manky borders and slower speed, but you don’t have to arse about with that any more (or that keech Wii U version, where the colour contrast was turned to -1,000).

There's not too many obvious games left to come out for this service. I'd expect 1080 Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 soon, but after that the games are going to become a lot more obscure, unexpected and/or random.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySat 20 Aug 2022 - 17:19

I've only ever played the Gamecube sequel which I thought was great so looking forward to giving this a go, I just need to get Mario's Picross out the way which has taken over my time on the Switch.

I'm looking forward to whatever they give us next, there's a good chance it'll be something I've not played before anyway, we might even see more Rare games after we already got Banjo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptySun 21 Aug 2022 - 9:20

Ooh, properly excited about this one! I'll play it in about 50 years' time when I've finished my current chore I mean game
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 16:44

Wave race 64 is superb but the cpu is a big cheating bastard when you get into the hard and expert championships.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:34

It’s quite an attractive line-up of games for (presumably?) these next nine months. There’s several games here that didn’t re-release on Wii or Wii U too, marking the first time they've been anywhere other than on N64. Quite how and why it took Pilotwings 64 a quarter of a century to re-emerge, I don’t know.

I hope that we can get multiplayer sessions of Goldeneye 007 and the Mario Party games on the go. It’s Mario Party 3 that I’m looking forward to the most – I don’t have it, it’s too expensive for me to have, and I’ve only played it once.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:54

I'd be up for some Goldeneye, natch, but I'm also always up for some Mario Party.

It would have been cool if they found a way to link Pokemon Stadium to the 3DS VC Game Boy games or to Pokemon Home or something, but even just playing with rental teams and getting into the minigames will be such a nostalgia rush.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 15:16

Absolutely up for some Goldeneye and Mario party multiplayer, I also can't wait to play Excitebike 64 which I've never played before.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 18:15

Buskalilly wrote:

It would have been cool if they found a way to link Pokemon Stadium to the 3DS VC Game Boy games or to Pokemon Home or something, but even just playing with rental teams and getting into the minigames will be such a nostalgia rush.

Saw a big dirty "POKEMON CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED TO THE NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE VERSIONS" so I think that may be a pipedream sadly.

I'm up for getting some Mario Party sessions on the go - I'm less fussed about Goldeneye as I don't have the same nostalgia for it as you lot have and I don't particularly rate it, but it's still neat to see it making its way to the service.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:37

The Pokémon Stadium thing is stupid. That is all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:00

I guess it was just going to be too much work to build that into the game in the end. The online works by nature of the Switch Online app, whereas I suppose they'd have to build in a Pokemon transfer system form scratch for the Switch Online version of Stadium.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:06

In which case it barely seems worth including the games. The minigames aside (and that's what the Mario Parties are for), they lived and died through being able to import your own Mewtwo and mow down hapless foes. Without that they're empty husks.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 0:17

JayMoyles wrote:

Saw a big dirty "POKEMON CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED TO THE NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE VERSIONS" so I think that may be a pipedream sadly.
Yeah, hence my "would have been".
You could play Red and Blue through the N64 game originally, so they could do something amazing here. (They won't)

Quote :
I'm less fussed about Goldeneye as I don't have the same nostalgia for it as you lot have and I don't particularly rate it, but it's still neat to see it making its way to the service.
I've barely, if ever, played it! But if it has decent controls, I'd like to spend some time with it as a history piece.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 8:20

What I never knew you could play Red or Blue via the transfer pak whist playing Stadium, only ever transferred Mon.

Did Stadium 2 also have it but for Gold & Silver?

Goldeneye will control how it did, especially as this is one of the selling points of the Xbox version that hey controls like modern games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 9:44

masofdas wrote:
What I never knew you could play Red or Blue via the transfer pak whist playing Stadium, only ever transferred Mon.
It even had Doduo and Dodrio modes, AKA 2x speed and 3x speed, so if you were grinding Pokemon up for use in Stadium it was the ideal way.

Quote :
Did Stadium 2 also have it but for Gold & Silver?
I think so? I don't actually remember.

Quote :
Goldeneye will control how it did, especially as this is one of the selling points of the Xbox version that hey controls like modern games.
Fair enough, but even then, how well everything maps to the new controller can change things a lot. The N64 pad was weird, after all . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 9:47

Guess face buttons are the c buttons from the N64, till we play who knows maybe they have mapped them to the right stick.

Does feel like neither will be true definite version as Xbox will be the modernized one but no online, and Switch will be how it was but with online.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 9:48

The Xbox one has no online? Wild!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:03

Yep no online, it is now 4K remastered with modern controls and in Game Pass along with being a free update for RARE Replay.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:04

Aaaah, if it's tucked into Rare Replay, I guess that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:12

It will be it's own icon etc just if you have RARE replay and don't have Game Pass you can play it, it's like how the 360 games work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next