Sorry Persona, this forum is otherwise Engaged.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  Latest imagesLatest images  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Rotating Platform
Jimbob

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2022 - 16:26

On the subject of the old NES games, I thought I'd ask here first, before just watching a generic walkthrough:
Has anyone played Rygar or The Immortal? I'm strangely fascinated by these, and NES games are usually pretty straight-forward, but I'm absolutely bamboozled by both of them. The latter is more like an Amiga/Atari ST game, which looks very impressive, but again, no idea what's going on.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 12:43

I got stuck on Rygar when it first popped up on NES Online, I can't help you there. I had to get a guide to make any progress into The Immortal when it was on an Evercade cartridge, but I stopped playing it when I realised it was very boring and not about to get any more exciting.

Instead of playing Rygar I'd just use my time to play Wild Guns on SNES Online if I were you. And instead of playing The Immortal, I'd go complete Wild Guns again.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Rotating Platform
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 17:19

...OK Sad Might just watch some walkthroughs then.

Although the Wild Guns bit does sound fun, mind! The trouble is, I absolutely have to* be trying at least one NES game I haven't played before. The NES game is now going to be Wild Guns on the SNES.
(My actual SNES game is the apparently superior Kirby's Super Fun Pack or whatever it's called - seems ahead of its time structure-wise)

*don't have to, of course, it sounds like I might have a brain thing

EDIT: Yeah Rygar's been consigned to clunky history. Having watched what to do in The Immortal to get past where I'd got to, I've decided it's exactly the kind of obscure bullshit old-school game that I'm going to persevere with. I'll just say "yeehaw" occasionally and pretend I'm playing Wild Guns at the same time.

Last edited by Jimbob on Thu 29 Dec 2022 - 14:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I did a research)
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyToday at 15:50

So, have any of you given Goldeneye a spin yet?

As when I fired it up, the controls were so awkward I was moving about like I had never played a game before  Laughing (even with the n64 pad) then I decided to see if the dual analog stick option would convert to the switch pro controller but it doesn't. I had pretty much given up on doing a full replay until I saw a neat way to remap the switch controls on twitter & after I tried it I was zipping through levels like I used to. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyToday at 16:05

I've heard that it's much better on XBox, to my non-existent chagrin as I have no love for the game personally.  Hope the rest of y'all enjoy with your remapped control scheme!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 EmptyToday at 17:33

Balladeer wrote:
I've heard that it's much better on XBox, to my non-existent chagrin as I have no love for the game personally.  Hope the rest of y'all enjoy with your remapped control scheme!

I think it depends on what you are after, xbox obviously as an up with default modern FPS controls & boosted 4K visuals (which don't look good in my opinion) then switch has portability & a way to play it with the original controller. (if you want to take the time to get used to it again)
The funny thing though is apparently neither of them are emulated as well as they could be, but the average player myself included won't really notice the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20