We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*

Go down 
+7
Muss
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 23:20

Let's just chuck out some reveals. If you don't want to read them until later we can just spoiler box them.

I was Santa for...:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Dec 2018 - 23:42

Yeah, I think it's time for some reveals!

I was Secret Santa for...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 3:27

Spoiler:

And also:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 9:07

I was Secret Santa for...:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 10:24

Spoiler:

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 12:21

I was the secret santa of:
...of...:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 15:55

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 Dec 2018 - 20:52

Some chat to my Secret Santa receiver:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 9:01

Santa chat:

masofdas wrote:
...also are we playing the QUIZ?

I might stick it up in a thread and we can play it as a forum if we're keen?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 12:25

Those gifts are quality though. A sealed Switch game that only came out in March and usually sells for more than £15 on its own, postcards from a 1999 issue of ONM, M&S sweets, trivia cards that are selling for £4 in Sainsbury's, and a Nintendo bottle opener that's currently selling for £5.69 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 18:25

Going to have agree with Cappa those are some quality gifts as I tried getting a Switch game for who I got and that was dam hard.

The handwriting really tricked me with mine Balla, as I know Jay has said in the past his isn't great and like I said Shadow is very much an edgelord also yay quiz.

I was:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:46

Think we've had enough reveals that I don't need to bother with spoiler boxes any longer!

Cheers Mas! I did wonder if it was you with the anime and wrestling stuff there. I think that's exactly what I'll use the water bottle for too as having a glass of water next to my yoga mat could be dangerous when doing the workouts. Laughing

And it's just as well you didn't end up going for the Nathan Drake Collection as I've already got a copy - and as it's me, it's unplayed, natch - sitting on the shelf.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 21:03

I definitely wasn't Andy's Secret Santa

Rum Rapture wrote:

Spoiler:

And yes, it did arrive in time, but whereas everyone else seems to have gotten personalised gifts, what I got was pretty mince and I didn't want to bring the mood down.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 11:01

That's very disappointing to read that.

I think I've mismanaged this badly, with doing a redraw and byputting too much emphasis on personalised gifts without really helping folk like Muss, Rum or even myself with Balladeer out.

This was just meant to be a bit of fun for fifteen quid. I think if we're doing it again in future, we'd be best to give our Santas some very clear clues.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 11:37

masofdas wrote:
Going to have agree with Cappa those are some quality gifts as I tried getting a Switch game for who I got and that was dam hard.

This is true, the only game within that range that Cappa had never had was Chicken Range and as funny as I'm sure that would have been I couldn't willingly do that to another human.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 11:47

I had to get Scribblenauts from France for it to have any chance of fitting the budget. I thought it would be no hassle as the Switch is region-free. But imagine how stupid I felt when I realised, only once I'd got it, that it would all be in French. That's Scribblenauts, a word game, based entirely on your mastery of words, all in another language. 😅

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 11:56

I like the idea of that, kinda like a challenge mode although if ever there were a forumite who spoke French it'd be Balladeer.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:51

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I think I've mismanaged this badly, with doing a redraw and byputting too much emphasis on personalised gifts without really helping folk like Muss, Rum or even myself with Balladeer out.

This was just meant to be a bit of fun for fifteen quid. I think if we're doing it again in future, we'd be best to give our Santas some very clear clues.

You've done nothing different to what Drunka would have done or what has been in the past 5 years, unfortunately some bad gift giving this time (even though I think Balla had the second best gift after Jay).
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:53

I think you're all a disgrace and this farce of a forum should come to an end. None of you are welcome here, it should just be me and Epson Printer Error.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:57

Epson printer error is a fanny!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:15

You've done nothing wrong at all Cappa - Secret Santa gifts can always be hit or miss, it's just how they go sometimes... nothing to do with how it's organised!

Still, nobody has received a gift as bad as one that a fella in my team at work received one year - somebody gave him a child's Peppa Pig watch. There was no in-joke or context behind it. I think the person who gave it found it in a drawer and thought it'd be funny. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 23:34

Yep, you've fucked it. I knew this would happen without me around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 10:18

You absolutely haven't done this. I agree with Mas and Jay: Secret Santas aren't always going to be barnstormers, and that's no fault of the host. Neither of us ended up blaming Drunka when I got you Fallout and PS4 basketball. And as Mas says, my gift was pretty belting all told - not to mention the effort involved in hunting down the only game that'd fit in the package.

I think maybe the opportunity to ask anonymous questions through Elfster is something that could be taken advantage of next year. I didn't know it existed. Otherwise, you've done a bang-up job. Cheers for organising boss! Thumbs Up!

I had to get Scribblenauts from France for it to have any chance of fitting the budget. I thought it would be no hassle as the Switch is region-free. But imagine how stupid I felt when I realised, only once I'd got it, that it would all be in French. That's Scribblenauts, a word game, based entirely on your mastery of words, all in another language. 😅

Treesmurf wrote:
I like the idea of that, kinda like a challenge mode although if ever there were a forumite who spoke French it'd be Balladeer.

T'est très gentil Arbreschtoumpf! (NB: wrote this before Googling the translation, and was only one letter off! Pretty chuffed.) I agree actually, think I'll try playing it in French first and see how I get on. Laughing

JayMoyles wrote:
Still, nobody has received a gift as bad as one that a fella in my team at work received one year - somebody gave him a child's Peppa Pig watch. There was no in-joke or context behind it. I think the person who gave it found it in a drawer and thought it'd be funny. Neutral

Let this put the entire thread into context.

The_Jaster wrote:
Epson printer error is a fanny!

Jaster with a late Post of the Year contender!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 21:46

Muss wrote:
And yes, it did arrive in time, but whereas everyone else seems to have gotten personalised gifts, what I got was pretty mince and I didn't want to bring the mood down.
Spoiler:

Ok, first of all, apologies for what was clearly a misfire in terms of gift-giving. The idea behind the print was because I had read your chats with Drunka and Balla about Pokemon GSC in a thread about RPGs and the connection in my head was that comic - because it was one of my favourite comics and I thought it would resonate. I thought writing a letter as if we were longstanding friends would be funny in an ironic kind of way, but clearly not. I can see why you're annoyed. I can see that it wasn't as good as other forumites'. I'm not sure I entirely buy the last paragraph in that you didn't *have* to post this in the thread and instead could have contacted me personally - it comes across as deliberately trying to make me feel bad (which you did, if it's any consolation). But the damage is done, I won't give you excuses or shipping receipts - I apologise, and hope we can put it behind us, and that you come to believe that I'm not actually all bad, and that my intentions *were* genuine and I'm really not a cunt. (I don't know if you were around for a3headedmonkey.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Jan 2019 - 22:26

Rum Rapture wrote:
(I don't know if you were around for a3headedmonkey.)

I think I blocked him on Facebook after he created a several hundred long comment chain arguing with my mates from school about BODMAS and PEMDAS and getting genuinely irate with people he's never spoken to before. Says it all, really. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*   The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 6th Annual GNamer Christmas Goodwill Gala~! *a3HeadedMonkey IS A SMELLY BASTART*
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next