We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 23:02

If we get confirmation at E3, then I may jump on it. We shall see if there's anything better to pick up though as I do think it's a wee bit of a risk, albeit not a big one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptySun 12 May 2019 - 14:11

I've thought about it too but the episodic thing will hold it back score wise I think (and is it even eligible?). I do think we'll see the first part release this year though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptySun 12 May 2019 - 14:17

It's going to still like a 30hrs per episode from what SE have said, that I would think it would be counted.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 1:18

Episodic games are up on the site, I believe.

For our house rules, I'd be against including the likes of episodic content in the vein of Telltale, but I think FFVII:R will be substantial enough to warrant drafting - if anybody goes for it, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 17:33

We might be in with a shout guys, Rage 2 isn't reviewing that well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 18:42

I've still got a game to pick up, remember... Winky Face

So long as Pokemon and Cadence of Hyrule score in the mid to high 80s and I pick up another title that gets 80+, I think I'm all clear. Still, you never know... Cappa's not had any of his games release yet, so he could pull home 90+s on all his titles!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 18:53

I just want to keep pace at the moment, with Days Gone cancelling out Rage 2 and SteamWorld Quest doing the same for Mortal Kombat 11.

That I need a 90+ (maybe Observation next week) to match Sekiro.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 19:05

DMCV didn't score that far off Sekiro, remember...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 19:11

I think Mario Maker will match DMCV maybe even better it, that will then make up the 1 or 2 points difference in my MK11/SteamWorld comparison.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 20:49

Speaking of Rage 2 I ordered that this morning thinking yeh it might not be half bad for a shooty bang game then this afternoon I watched a guy stream it (who's taste in games is similar to mine) & he basically ripped it apart. The open world stuff just looks beyond boring and the worst thing is it's too late to cancel my order (stupid Prime), so now do I bash through it in one sitting then trade it in or just go through the annoyance of returning it?

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 13 May 2019 - 22:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 21:28

JayMoyles wrote:
I've still got a game to pick up, remember... Winky Face

So long as Pokemon and Cadence of Hyrule score in the mid to high 80s and I pick up another title that gets 80+, I think I'm all clear. Still, you never know... Cappa's not had any of his games release yet, so he could pull home 90+s on all his titles!

Cappa has Untitled Goose Game and Animal Crossing so it's basically in the bag for him.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 May 2019 - 9:40

Those are some big games and all still to play for, just Jay has the target on his back and we often do NJPW predictions, so that rivalry is there as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 0:48

I was about to get all high and mighty and say that there's no rivalry there after the thumping I gave you in the G1 2018 Predictions, but then I remember you absolutely ruined me for the New Japan Cup 2019 predictions we did. Laughing

Yeah, I suppose that's part of the peril of picking so many early releases in the year is that I'm the one people will be chasing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyWed 22 May 2019 - 10:37

Was going so well yesterday as I saw on one of those notifications on Twitter on something you might like and it was the director (I think) of Observation who tweeted Destructoid, God is a Geek, IGN had given it 9's.

I thought I was on to a winner then I went on opencritic to see it on 82 as PlayStation Universe has given it a 7.5. I was hoping it was a just a blip but now it's on 77 and out of the 36 reviews only 7 are really bringing it down with a site called Wccftech giving it a 6/10 basically because it's more story focused and lacks gameplay.

That is surely something you would know before playing, that's like me being given FIFA to review and going if you like football you'll enjoy but if don't then not a lot else, of course, it's going to have a lot of football it is a football game and an Interactive Story game is going to be about the dam story.

I wouldn't mind the score of it was like Days Gone where you do have some 9's and some 5's but most have given it a 7 that an avg of 70odd is fine but in the case of Observation 29 reviews out of 36 are giving it 8+.

Does make it look like this compared to Jay
Jay Sekiro 90 - No Equivalent Mas, I'm hoping Mario Maker 2 will match this
Jay DMCV 88 - No Equivalent Mas, I'm hoping Gears 5 will match this
Jay MK11 83 - 82 SteamWorld Quest Mas = -1
Jay Metro 83 - 77 Observation Mas -6
Jay Rage 72 - 71 Days Gone Mas -1

That's -8 on the equivalent games, sure Jay has the -2 due to Toejam that means I'm 6 behind without his other two games which then brings it to 44 behind with 5 games left to score, sure that's only 79 per game which would put me 1 in front and likes of Gear 5 & Mario Maker 2 are going to be higher than that, then you remember Jay still has three games to score

Means to me I've got Ori 2 going up against Pokemon, AfterParty going up against Cadence of Hyrule and Warcraft up against ???
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 0:36

It's all over for you Mas. The dream is dead. Wccftech have received their bribe and have acted exactly as I wanted them to. My victory is assured. Very Happy

(Until Balla's games start releasing and he catches up to me in a hurry because Anthem was shite)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 7:01

Pretty much unless all of mine get 90's and yours 80's but it is unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 14:14

That is going into far more detailed analysis than I will ever do for this!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 13:16

I did all that and forgot to take into account that you get double points above 90, that something like SMM2 could pass 90 and put me back in the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 18:56

JayMoyles wrote:
I was about to get all high and mighty and say that there's no rivalry there after the thumping I gave you in the G1 2018 Predictions, but then I remember you absolutely ruined me for the New Japan Cup 2019 predictions we did. Laughing

Yeah, I suppose that's part of the peril of picking so many early releases in the year is that I'm the one people will be chasing.

Who just won the Best of the Super Juniors?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 19:34

You did Mas, and I'll forever hate Australia and Robbie Eagles for letting me down.

I think I'm missing out on a certain title in the fantasy league too from what I've been told, so I'll need to wait till E3 to see what's up for grabs for my last game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 8:54

Well Ori 2 has been delayed to 2020, that's me out unless my last games all get 90+ I'm gone.

I sort of hope to come last now, so I get first draft next year.

We are doing that like sports, right?

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:39

It makes sense to do it that way, yep.

No idea how to change the draft order from the default arrangement, mind you, but that's something to figure out at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:53

I was very tempted to pick up Cyberpunk originally so I'm quite glad to see that's a 2020 game now, next year is definitely gonna be an interesting one, there's chuffing loads.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:30

I always had that pegged for a 2020 launch. Next year's league is going to be a big one, for sure! I'll definitely be increasing the number of games for each member to pick up as the bidding stage hasn't been as interesting as I'd have hoped.

As for our current league, Cappa's in a bit of a sticky situation with two of his star games potentially landing in 2020 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons is confirmed to be delayed and it's not looking hopeful for TLOU2.

I have made a move for my final game... next Monday is the post E3 bidding. It's myself, Smurf and Jimbob left to pick up our last titles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:26

Did also notice Psychonauts 2 is now a 2020 game.

If I could still pick up it would been Death Stranding before Andy got in, as looking what's been and coming this year, I feel that Sekiro and DS are the two front runners for GOTY. Unless DS turns out to be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 8 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next