We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:11

Andy's in the black, now!

FE:TH is the joint third highest scoring game in our league so far, so he's picked a good 'un there and DQB2 did alright for itself too. Not much from Youngblood with a paltry 2 points, but at least it's a gain.

Next month is a quiet one for the league as well with Astral Chain dropping in at the end of the month for Andy. September will be livelier though - Gears 5 for Mas, Daemon X Machina and Link's Awakening for Balla and Borderlands 3 for Cappa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:16

The end of August really kicks off the business end of the year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 0:25

Indeed - I still feel pretty good about my position, but I'm growing concerned that Pokémon is going to take a beating in the reviews area. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 15:45

I reckon it could be one of the lowest-rated mainline Pokemon games as people from previews and thoughts seem to be in the mind that it's just more Pokemon but hey FIFA is just more FIFA each year and scores high.

I'm still banking on Gears 5 is really good, but I do think that will give Jimbob first pick next year as he's not getting many more picks with the games as to how many are even going to come out.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 21:54

Anyone that gives Sword and Shield a bad review score because of the national Dex thing is an area, realistically I think it should be a solid 85.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 0:16

You're probably right in that one, Smurf. I checked US/UM's scores on Opencritic and even despite not being very well received by most, they still pulled in an 83.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:17

Looking forward to them getting 70 per cents in the user reviews due to the 'where's my favourite Pokémon Basculin' crowd.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 12:33

Does opencritic have user scores? I reckon the high 70s or low 80s which won't affect Jay too much, anyway.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:20

Nope, no user scores on Opencritic, I believe.

In a score update, Wolfenstein Youngblood has dropped below 70 which means Andy has the dubious honour of having two games losing him points. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 21:25

Is he gonna have the game with the worst overall score though? Not if I have anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 21:59

Cappa storms to victory when Shenmue III scores a 30 on Opencritic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:12

I would not be surprised
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:24

And stunned faces all around when Untitled Goose Game turns out to be Super Mario Galaxy 3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 19:58

Something something Goosety Garden Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 21:57

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
And stunned faces all around when Untitled Goose Game turns out to be Super Mario Galaxy 3
This. This is the real key to victory.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 0:08

Bad news for Balla but good news for me - Spelunky 2 is looking like it's not making 2019.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 12:06

Looking at peoples games I wouldn't be surprised to see

Warcraft 3 delayed for me, unless it comes out after Blizzcon as the focus seems to be on WOW Classic instead

I would have said Biomutant for Andy but they just announced those special editions, that I'm guessing it's getting dated soon at least

Sayonara Wild Hearts delayed for Balla, as we've heard nothing on it for ages but as it is an indie could suddenly
go gold and come out any time

I would have said TOWN but seems it might be getting a new name, however, when would Nintendo bring it out as they have something every month part from December also Jim likely will have Ooblets (they may have said this in the post about the Epic deal) and Jenny LeClue delayed.

Could see all of Cappa's part from Borderlands 3 not making 2019.

Smurf its Ghost of Tsushima and Hollow Knight 2 getting delayed.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 13:45

mas wrote:
Sayonara Wild Hearts delayed for Balla, as we've heard nothing on it for ages but as it is an indie could suddenly

They do little updates on their twitter all the time, the recent stuff being how they have got the file size under 1Gb.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2019 - 23:28

I think the strategy for next year is to avoid gambling on games that might not land in 2020. I think Pokémon was the only game without a release date in my initial picks and even that was a pretty safe shout considering the yearly nature of Pokémon now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptySat 17 Aug 2019 - 13:52

The important thing is I can still win.

Shifty
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptySun 18 Aug 2019 - 11:42

Next year does seem to have a few games already dated for the first half of the year or really likely such as TLoU2.

Second half will be interesting with the Next Gen consoles, that next year like to see more bids because of this to get those launch games.

@Jim what in 2020
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019 - 22:30

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

They do little updates on their twitter all the time, the recent stuff being how they have got the file size under 1Gb.  

Aw, that's nice to read! I don't care about my score, Jay's obviously wandering off into the distance with the victory; but I am still looking forward to the game, and I'm glad it's not showing signs of vapourware.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:31

I'm not out of the woods, I'd say. Like, Link's Awakening is almost certainly getting 90 or above and I wouldn't be surprised if LM3 got high 80s too. If Sayonara Wild Hearts launches this year, I'm still in trouble.

I noticed that Fantasy Critic has implemented an "advanced projection" prediction system in the league standings. I've no idea how it works out how much each game is estimated to score, but it's neat to look at.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:27

I like to think they have an actuarial team of their own working on such things. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:30

Well remember how I tried to pick scores by previous games, well it hasn't gone that well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 10 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next