We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 6:46

The Last of Us Part II: by February, I hope they mean September, by 21st, I hope they mean 26th, by 2020, I hope they mean 2019.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:30

Think you're fucked, boss. Super Meat Boy Forever is showing as a planned release date of 2020 on Steam as well and I've heard nothing about a release date for SoR4 either, so that might be your lot for the year.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 21:47

Doom has been delayed till next year meaning I've realistically only got 2 more games to gain me some points, whether or not Shenmue holds up now will probably decide if I get the wooden spoon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:29

Unless it seriously tanks, I think you should be fine. Jimbob's counterpick has screwed him over big time, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 9:23

I still think it will but the demo has been well received but that's Shenmue fans playing it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 20:51

Look, how was I supposed to know they'd actually make a fucking effort this time? I'm only picking Nintendo games next year.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 21:47

MS could not have yet another dud that Gears 5 was always going to get love from The Coalition.

At the moment the seven Nintendo games we've picked avg an 84 per game, so that wouldn't be a bad plan, Jim as you'd have 98 points at the moment.

Also, Jenny still hasn't got a review score even though it's been out almost a month.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:16

Jimbob wrote:
Look, how was I supposed to know they'd actually make a fucking effort this time? I'm only picking Nintendo games next year.

Solid plan, I might go for the same. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:55

But what is the other half of your picks going to be as not going to be 18 Nintendo games in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:57

The same weird indies that have brought me so much success* this year.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:07

masofdas wrote:
I still think it will but the demo has been well received but that's Shenmue fans playing it.

I would assume it'll mostly be Shenmue fans reviewing it too. My counter pick could still come back to bite me yet although I'm still not that impressed by Fallen Order.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:20

You'd hope they wouldn't be biased though and go it's Shenmue 9/10, got to think likes of IGN/Eurogamer/GameSpot etc would know this
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:28

A game review should always reflect the person reviewing it though, don't think there'll be too much bias at play, if they enjoy it they should score it accordingly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 22:43

Maybe I was just thinking we've been waiting like 18 years for this, that it will have some magic around playing it.

Then again it won't end with Shenmue III and we might be waiting another 18 years for a fourth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019 - 5:55

Poor Jim as Little Town Hero is on 66 giving him -4 and overall 11 points, with 4 games unscored but two aren't coming this year, Ooblets hasn't been changed to will not release even though I'm sure within all the Epic stuff it said it's now a 2020 game and Jenny LeClue has been out a month & yet to have any score.

Least he gets first pick next year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019 - 0:59

Jenny LeClue has only got one review up on Opencritic and it's from Rock Paper Shotgun who don't do scores, I believe. So, I guess the game goes down as a zero? I'm not sure, myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019 - 15:58

Looks like Balla is going to be 9 points behind you Jay, with one game each and I would not be shocked to see LM3 score 9 more than Pokemon SWiSH.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019 - 0:47

Nah, I'm still hopeful. Balla needs at least an 80 for LM3 to draw level with me, which is nearly a given I'd say and I reckon he'll pull a few points ahead on the back of that with LM3 settling around the high 80s. That means I'll need Pokémon to hit the high 70s or ideally into the 80s to win which should happen.

It's going to be close though and Pokémon doesn't have the same amount of buzz and has had a bit of negativity around it with the National Dex nonsense and whatnot. And Let's Go only pulled home an 81 on Opencritic. My fate lies with the 'Mon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019 - 19:34

Surely you're hoping to win Jay? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 10:39

I may have 3rd wrapped up with Afterparty, which isn't that helpful as I won't draft till late next year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 23:29

Balladeer wrote:
Surely you're hoping to win Jay? Winky Face

I absolutely misread that. Whoops! Laughing

So, it looks as though I need Pokémon to score a 77 or above to win. Should be within reach, I reckon!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 10:33

Think it was worth taking the risk on Death Stranding for Andy.

Reviews are what I thought, as in seen some 3's saying it's a failure on every level then some 10's saying it's a masterpiece.

I can't wait to play it myself to find out. Only other game that comes to mind like this is Deadly Premonition which seems to be either a 3 or 10/10 but with DS having more polish (why the avg is higher I'd guess on critics').
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 21:01

Won't be long till we find out if Pokémon has scored well enough for me to secure the league and on the back of that, with very few games left to drop, it'll be likely time for us to think about Year 2 of the league!

The site owner has mentioned a planned feature for 2020 which I'd like to run past you lot - the ability to drop a game from your roster. So, let's say for example that a game is delayed from your roster and ends up falling into 2021. You can then drop that game from your roster and bid for another game as a pick-up title instead.

I like the idea, but I'd definitely want to set a cap on the number of "drops" you have - I'd lean with just the one, but I can be persuaded to move to two, but no more than that.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 21:08

I'd go with two drops for 10 picks, anything less than 10 picks one drop.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 21:25

That sounds fair - I was thinking for next year's draft...

6 drafts (that's the most fun bit in my opinion)
4 pickups
2 counterpicks
2 drops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 12 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next