We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 11 Dec 2020 - 22:23

Opencritic is all versions/reviews so Cyberpunk could have reviews from PC Gamer, Pure Xbox and Push Square for instance. Only game I've really seen any different is Shantae when it was already out but on mobile then the PConsole version got reviewed, maybe some early access games are reviewed different as well.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 11 Dec 2020 - 23:44

😰
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 5:07

I don't know about sites like IGN who likely will review it on PC and Console, I've even seen likes of Push Square review Assassin's Creed Valhalla twice with PS4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 17:59

It still seems to be on 91 at the moment. If that holds then the Cappa kid needs 14 points to tie.

Empire of Sin going down to a 63 has made things interesting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 21:34

I've seen likes of Push Square have reviewed it but given it unscored along with other sites doing the same
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 22:34

Cyberpunk 2077 was 91 yesterday, wasn't it? Anyway, it's down at 86 today. Looks like OpenCritic accepted the Ross Gaming Monthly review for Cyberpunk 2077 that was anonymously submitted to them, saying "Muss chose a baseball game so fuck him winning the Fantasy League, 0/10".

I just had a thought: is anybody going to bother their arse reviewing Super Meat Boy Forever over Christmas? I might get nothing anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 23:16

Yeah console reviews starting to drop and IGN for instance given a 4/10 and mentioned before about unscored reviews.

It's just such a odd game that has to be played on PC, Stadia and sites praising the service as the game works on it, or you have to play a current gen game on a next gen system to have a fine experience.

Myself do have that option playing it on my Series X but at retail 65% was sold on PS4 how many of those being played on a PS4 and is a meh experience?

You could also be out luck for Meat Boy as people likely will be on holiday or something.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 1:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Cyberpunk 2077 was 91 yesterday, wasn't it? Anyway, it's down at 86 today. Looks like OpenCritic accepted the Ross Gaming Monthly review for Cyberpunk 2077 that was anonymously submitted to them, saying "Muss chose a baseball game so fuck him winning the Fantasy League, 0/10".

I just had a thought: is anybody going to bother their arse reviewing Super Meat Boy Forever over Christmas? I might get nothing anyway.

An arcade baseball game, albeit still a baseball game Neutral

It does seem like they should not have released the PS4/One versions until they could get them in a playable state. You know it's bad when Sony are offering refunds. I'm sure there'll be some reviews at least for Super Meat Boy. Surely enough to get it up to that 8/10 + mark.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 7:37

The fanbase are being weird about it as well, how did you think a next gen game would run on PS4.

Which is baffling as says PS4 not PS5 on the box, and was shown in 2013 first before PS4 was even out. That thinking most people thought it be a PS4 game and be playable on it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 11:34

I can totally sympathise with people who bought a copy on PS4, expecting it to work, and not some unplayable slideshow. It'd be one thing if things got a bit choppy every now and then but it's so much worse than that.

Either way the path to the Fantasy League winner's circle has been blown wide open now. (I didn't even know you could blow open paths Eh? )

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 13:44

Cappa now only needs a 79 from Meat Boy to win.

Got to say I'm disappointed with Medal of Honor as it's from Respawn who make very good games and this year saw you can make great VR games like Alyx.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 11:45

Cyberpunk is down to an 81 now. I think that means Cappa just needs 3 points to win. At this rate, he won't even need the meat lad.

In spite of everything, will this turn out to be yet another good year for the big man?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 11:53

Muss wrote:

An arcade baseball game, albeit still a baseball game Neutral

In fairness, when I saw you'd picked that I thought that it was an inspired choice - daft wanker Americans love their keech like that, it was a much safer bet than most of the other stuff anybody picked. 

Mad that it's gone the way it has for Cyberpunk 2077. Even madder that all the Fantasy Game League's losers are going to have to do a forfeit for not winning, as we'd established and committed to in this forum's Gunman Clive 2 thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 15:30

Can't remember what the forfeit but what if you Cappa that's if you win pick a game for everyone next year.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 16:23

I think the forfeit should be that you can pick a crap game that we all need to play to completion, even if it's Busby.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:22

Man, I did not expect the ending of the league to be so close! I was certain CDPR would help Muss take the thing with no trouble, but they've properly fucked it, haven't they? It's down to 80 on Opencritic now as more console reviews flood in. Big oof.

The way I see it, the league can go three ways now, in most likely to least likely order:

1) Super Meat Boy Forever releases and provides Cappa with the handful of points he needs to make it a good year for the big man.

2) SMBF is a thoroughly average time, meaning Muss hangs on by the whiskers on Keanu Reeve's face.

3) Cyberpunk 2077 continues to plummet into the abyss and SMBF ends up losing Cappa points which means ya boi here makes it two in a row.

Should make for an interesting finale!

As for when I'll be kicking off 2021's league, I think we need to wait till SMBF launches now. It'll be around the New Year for beginning Year 3. So long as we get it sorted before the 20th of January (the first semi-big release happens then with Hitman 3), we'll be golden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 22:24

Cool as even though not for much in Jan personally could see Hitman III being something people may what to pick up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySat 19 Dec 2020 - 0:59

Aye, I'll hit us all up on the old Twitter group chat to arrange drafting once this year's edition has wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 18:44

It's close on the site now it is giving Cappa the win with 103 like Muss but guessing due to Meat Boy to be reviewed Cappa going to win.

Then I saw Jay on 102 that I guess if Cyberpunk goes down 1 more point and Meat Boy does get reviewed and sucks, could win.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 9:11

JayMoyles wrote:

The way I see it, the league can go three ways now, in most likely to least likely order:

1) Super Meat Boy Forever releases and provides Cappa with the handful of points he needs to make it a good year for the big man.

2) SMBF is a thoroughly average time, meaning Muss hangs on by the whiskers on Keanu Reeve's face.

3) Cyberpunk 2077 continues to plummet into the abyss and SMBF ends up losing Cappa points which means ya boi here makes it two in a row.

Should make for an interesting finale!

It might wind up being more interesting than I thought. I thought Super Meat Boy Forever was a safe bet - a comfortable mid-80s kind of game, no bother. But the OpenCritic reviews so far are a 7/10 and a 7.1/10, and the reaction to the game on social media is mostly of major disappointment. I had no clue that it was a auto-runner, a genre that's been done and knackered for years, and the total opposite of the first game. What a load of bollocks.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is down at 77 or something close to that, and I see that I basically need Super Meat Boy Forever to not lose me any points for me to win this league. But there's a real chance it will. The way things have ended up, I'd have been better off it Super Meat Boy Forever didn't come out - at least then I'd know I'd have definitely won...!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:36

I'm amazed that they thought a procedurally generated runner was what people wanted from the Meat Boy franchise. Shocked Ah well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 9:46

Think Cappa is safe now with his 107 points and he was the only one to have all his games release, feels more deserved.

See Jay has now taken second place that's good going 1st and 2nd, can he do it again as I'm excited to see what we go for in 2021 as looks a good year for gaming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 19:45

What a finale to the league! Congratulations to Cappa, nicely done. Unreal how close it ended up being between Muss, Cappa and myself.

With that said though... YEAR THREE BABYYYYYY.

First things first - before we kick off drafting and whatnot, I'll allow till Sunday for anyone looking to either drop out or anyone looking to jump in to voice their intentions. Speak now, friends.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 20:56

I would like to take part again
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 21:17

I'm struggling to maintain interest given just how little we know about this year's games... hmm. What would you say, Moyles, to tilting the balance further towards later announcements?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 23 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next