We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Feb 2019 - 21:11

JayMoyles wrote:
Hey, don't let me interfere with your strategy! You don't have to follow the rest of us sheep and nab games early. Holding off might be a wise thing to do, to be fair.

Nah, let's peer pressure him into blowing all his slots early! Definitely pick Super Lucky's Tale for Switch, Metroid Prime 4, and Meme Run 2 Jimmers.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Feb 2019 - 22:00

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Hold off for Bubsy: Paws on Fire, that's my helpful, friendly advice.

It's like you're handing me the league on a silver platter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 14:22

Shifty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:07

Shifty Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 17:29

I suspect tomorrow will be interesting once the bids come in... Laughing

I picked up a respectable 13 points for Metro Exodus - not bad for the last of my initial five picks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 17:49

Hahahaha at Andy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:19

Yep, looks like Andy's about to lose points and I think that means Balla will gain some points for his counterpick too!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:30

He'll lose 10 right? If it stays the same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 18:39

Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 20:23

To be fair, there's only two reviews out on Opencritic right now, both from publications I've never heard of, so I'd hold off on your celebrations there Balla!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 20:47

May as well celebrate while I can, I’m sure Mas will have reason to laugh at me before long.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 15:42

Anthem has gone up a little and seems still not a lot have reviewed but from my twitter it doesn't sound a great game.

I only won Super Mario Maker 2 as I lost my bid for Zelda.

Least if something else gets announced or I hear good things, I've got a spot for it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 17:16

Maybe I shouldn't have bid £0 for Super Mario Maker 2, in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 18:25

I’d say it’s still too soon for any real anthem reviews considering the type of game it is. You’re not going to be able to tell until after it launches so I’d be expecting quite a few reviews in progress to come out. Fingers crossed anyway...

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 18:28

Which one of it's four?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 22:52

masofdas wrote:

I only won Super Mario Maker 2 as I lost my bid for Zelda.

You had the same strategy as me! I was properly shafted as Balla outbid me and you clearly outbid me for SMM2 as well. What did you bid on that in the end?

And I'm assuming you bid $80+ on LA, Balla?

From the looks of things, Andy's done well sneaking away with Astral Chain at a single dollar, from the looks of things.

Still, makes it interesting as I'll need to hold off till the next Direct or E3 for my next picks. That's Balla set for the year, then!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 23:10

I bid $49 on SMM2 and went $50 on Zelda.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 1:33

Ah, I would have beaten you on Zelda as I bid $70 on Zelda and $25 on SMM2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 18:42

My bids were:

$0 on Ape Out
$99 on Link's Awakening
$1 on BoxBoy and BoxGirl

Any momentary rejoicing I might have had was shut down quickly by (a) the thought that Nintendo will inevitably announce Breath of the Wild 2: Majora's Motorcycle at E3 and (b) somebody off GRcade suggesting that DXM might see a delay to incorporate user feedback. Pale Still, I didn't enjoy the bids and now they're over.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 20:57

I think DXM still comes out this year, but it could be Nintendo's December game this year.

Wow, you really went all out for Zelda! I had no hope of winning there. Probably a wise choice as that's a guaranteed heap of points there.

I've no idea what I'm going to go all out for with my remaining money... Confused
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:32

I basically went, 'Hm, how much did the first Mario Maker average and is it more or less than ALBW... Zelda it is!' and went all in.

Of course, in hindsight I could've bought it for 90 and got Astral Chain for 10...  I actually reckon BoxBoy might be a safer bet though!

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 22 Feb 2019 - 8:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 23:17

Safer, but I think Astral Chain has higher potential, knowing how bloody good Platinum can be.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 8:03

Astral Chain is a risk, Platinums record isn’t exactly spotless, but boy do I need a risk after Anthem 😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 20:45

Could be worse Andy, I saw Anthem when it had about 25 reviews down in the '50s, I think it's going to settle on 60 which is still a bit of an ouch.

I do think Astral Chain is a risk as for every Bayonetta 2 with it's 91, you have Korra with 53 now sure one is Platinum's own IP another a licenced game Activision likely just wanted to get out. It's not only that, it's studio might have gone under if it wasn't for Nier Automata, they've been working on Granblue for PS4 but Cygames have taken it back in-house, someone has recently left or retired who was rather influential from what I gather and a few other things like that.

Thinking about it Zelda could also be a risk as it's in a post-BotW world, peeps not sure about the art style and the price now those last two are more like the Metro on Epic thing I brought up and shouldn't really affect a review (quality of the game) but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 20:48

Many of today's reviewers grew up on Nintendo nerdery. I'm pretty confident about Zelda. More so than I am on flipping DxM at any rate, could be looking at mid-70s there given the mixed reaction to the demo. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 4 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next