We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
Sammy Snake
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 19:43

All because he couldn't get Coffee Talk Episode 2.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 7:37

Which frankly is a rubbish excuse, he's basically the Spurs of Fantasy Critic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyFri 26 May 2023 - 11:02

TotK is Kane and all rest are crap (Son is good), his goals mean nothing like those TotK points.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2023 - 15:22

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
So let me get this straight….you’re telling me that andyman started the league with the first draft, selected the highest rated game of all time yet has still comprehensively humiliated himself with two utterly riddy picks afterward, seemingly consigning himself to another last place finish before it’s even June?

He genuinely believed in Gollum. Honestly, every podcast session we had to get him to calm down about the game, tried to temper his expectations and everything. I remember looking at preview footage as I could hear him bouncing on his chair squeaking "one week till my precious game releases"... I didn't have the heart to tell him I thought it looked shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 20:44

That’s me got my full draft of league games for this year, with no space or budget left to bid for anything new and no option to drop anything else either. I’m sitting in a commanding position as I type, with 110 points gained from Diablo IV, Fire Emblem Engage, Like A Dragon: Ishin!, Dead Space, Bayonetta Origins, We Love Katamari REROLL+, Humanity and Super Mega Baseball 4. One of my two counter-picks broke even too, neither gaining or losing anything by choosing Minecraft Legends.

Up ahead, SteamWorld Build and Moving Out 2 were recently re-confirmed for a 2023 release, and there’s nothing different been said about Counter Strike 2. Autumn’s Sonic Superstars might not end up being a winner but I simply had to back the wee blue prick.

The developer of Lorelei and the Laser Eyes is suggesting on Twitter that they’ll be presenting more info about that later in the month. I’m sensing that I wasted my money on Fantasy Life i.

Point I’m making is that I’ll basically be sitting around like this for the next six and a half months:

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 The-simpsons-homer
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2023 - 18:07

@The Cappuccino Kid Annapurna has a showcase on June 29th which Lorelei and the Laser Eyes was in the sizzle announcement for the showcase.

I've also got my final team after Rebirth got dropped and some bidding, meaning my line-up is

• Silksong, well it was one of 14 games shown by Xbox last year that hasn't come out and the last update from Team Cherry doesn't give me much hope for 2023. Thinking 0
  • Rift of NecroDancer, was not along ago we saw it again but doesn't sound great at the studio, meaning I'm thinking delay. Another 0 points
  • LAD: Gaiden, it has a date, yay. Is a smaller (digital only as well) game but still think at least 10 points
  • Company of Heroes 3. Has me 9 points
  • Atelier Ryza 3. Has me 12 points
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake, we've heard nothing and the month you'd think it comes October, is pretty stacked. Delay another 0
  • One Piece. Has me 4 points
  • Fuga 2. My best game at 15 points
  • Ara, yet another of the 14 games shown at Xbox last year that hasn't come out, though this is on track for 2023 from what I can tell. I'm thinking 7 points
  • Teslagrad 2. Has me 2 points.
  • Redemption Reapers. Ohh my -7 game, this team should stick to Metroidvanias
  • Mortal Kombat 1, it has a date and fighting games are big again. I reckon about 15 points here, maybe more
  • Persona 5 Tactica, it is a spin-off and tad different. Looking at other spin-offs, about 10 points
  • Cities II, the last one got 83. Going for 13 points here

That gives me 90 points, then what - 15 for Alan Wake II as a counter leaving me on 75 points which is miles behind Cappa already, though don't think I'm coming last as I don't have -36 points already like some have.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 18:58

I'm just happy I crawled out of that Wanted: dead negative pts hole I put myself in.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 22:03

Barring any needlessly late reviews from some prick then you should be looking at your new champion, I've already made space in my trophy cabinet.

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 10000016
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 15:30

Like FUCK Jaster had GNamer's biggest wang. It's the sheer girth of my chopper that's been propping up this Fantasy Games League for the last four years.

But aye, I think my race is run with this in 2023. I made good choices at the start of the year but Counter Strike 2 underachieved in a way I didn't expect, and Lorelei and the Laser Eyes being delayed likely cost me as well. I'm still quite disappointed in Sonic Superstars's low score though - I've played it, finished it and think it's deserving of quite a bit higher than only 74. I guess releasing at the same time as Super Mario Wonder absolutely gubbed it.

Even though I was in first for most of the year I never thought it was likely I'd win for a fourth time straight. If Muss didn't just suddenly disappear I think he'd have won - he didn't make all of his drafts in the end but if he had then all he'd have required was a couple of half-decent safe bets, nothing unachievable or anything. At the beginning I thought it was andyman's to lose, but his hilariously misguided choices in Redfall and that Golum game will deservedly go down in Fantasy League folklore.

Still, that's not to take away from the new Defending Champ And His Games. Even with two games that didn't release, a game that scored a negative point and a pretty severe counter-pick in Moving Out 2, he's the clear winner. Applause
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 19:19

My favourite narrative this year was Mas assuming I'd picked all my decent scoring games after hearing about Edge reviews even though they were games I'd picked at the start of the year. Muss definitely gifted the win though I agree, even if he just kept picking up League of Legends spin offs I think he'd have won. I do think it was all down to Mario Vs. Sonic in the end which having played both I also think is quite unfair in their points difference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 21:46

Muss should have borrowed your EDGE sub, as he could have seen Highland Song was worth drafting, for instance.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 11:36

In an analogy that I'm sure Smurf will love, it felt like watching Liverpool or Arsenal taking the league from City this year. Smurf was looking strong for most of the year, but you just felt like one slip up or a late surge from Cappa could have clinched it.

Let's have a rundown of the standings:

7th - Jas, 32 points

A strong first draft pick in Street Fighter VI and a couple of solid pickups wasn't enough to offset a very bold pickup of Wanted Dead - madness that this game actually had multiple bids - and a particularly rubbish year for CoD. Still, a last place isn't the end of the world as it sets up you for a juicy first pick of the overall draft next year.

6th - Mas, 50 points

Nothing overly egregious about Mas's lineup, but his highest scoring game coming in at 84 meant he didn't pick up a lot of points. Couple that with a big -19 counterpick of Alan Wake 2 and you've got a recipe for a bad time.

5th - Andy, 86 points

Never before has their been such an episode of throwing your toys out of the pram. On paper, this should have been a winning year for Andy. ToTK - there's 30+ points for you from the off. Nearly every game he had was pulling in 80+ scores. It was his to lose, and that's what happened. Redfall scoring a 57 triggered a moment of madness in which Andy drafted Lord of the Rings: Gollum and basically wiped out his ToTK advantage. Still, despite that, a mid table performance isn't too bad.

4th - Jay, 110 points

A perfectly average performance this year from me. Most of my games released and netted me 80+. However, I think what prevented me from joining the title race was a) not having a 90+ superstar to get me the big bucks and b) a particularly nasty -11 counterpick of Bayonetta Origins essentially wiping out one of my games.

3rd - Muss, 113 points

Muss had a stormer of a year and realistically should have been in title contention. Multiple games in the high 80s, only one non released game... it all looks great on paper. Sadly, an AWOL end to the season resulted in two empty roster spots which coupled with a -11 sting thanks to the Advance Wars remake gives Muss the bronze medal this year.

2nd - Cappa, 138 points

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 Tempsnip2

Cappa pretty much said it all in his post-mortem above. Incredibly solid year, albeit with no 90+ titles, but no negative scorers either. A few points here or there would have swung it for him, but mercifully for all of us, he's been defeated at long last.

1st - Smurf, 141 points

On the initial draft alone, Smurf's lineup was good, but not champion worthy. A -12 blow from Moving Out 2 would have dulled the shine from RE4 Remake. I think what clinched it for Smurf this year was some great bidding. He was the big winner in the Wonder bidding war, which ended up being a 90+ hit and also managed to nab the likes of Viewfinder and Wargroove 2 to seal the deal. Well done!

______

Are we all back in for Fantasy League 2024? Any new challengers keeping an eye on the thread looking to join in?[/size]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 17:00

Well at least I get second pick next year
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 0:21

I am of course in for next year, fun fact: I was one of the people that bid for Wanted: Dead, it could have been quite different if I got it, I did also mean to pick up Videoverse and Cassette Beasts though so I could have had more points.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:47

Jay wrote:
7th - Jas, 32 points

A strong first draft pick in Street Fighter VI and a couple of solid pickups wasn't enough to offset a very bold pickup of Wanted Dead - madness that this game actually had multiple bids - and a particularly rubbish year for CoD. Still, a last place isn't the end of the world as it sets up you for a juicy first pick of the overall draft next year.

Yep, picking up Wanted dead was a bit of blunder, I later tried to off set things by dropping a game/adding Helldivers 2 (I think) but even that got bumped into 2024. After that I gave up filling out the rest of my picks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2024 - 21:13

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 41rx-grWnbL._UF1000,1000_QL80_

My Team for 2024:

Dragon's Dogma 2, my first pick and overall second pick same for the site as well with this coming out March

Unicorn Overlord, has a date and Vanillaware games always do well that might be bad for Jas. Also got in Save Slot 3

Under Night In-Birth II [Sys:Celes], has a date and we've seen past Arc fighters do well. Also got in SS3, this has also been counter picked.

Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution, the Shantae games always do okay and not sure if this being GBA game will be a positive or negative which I'm guessing Andy is hoping, for when this comes out early 2024. Also got in SS3

Avowed, got this quite late which little surprised about especially after today's Xbox Direct announcement.

Another Code: Recollection, out soon and a Nintendo exclusive, though can't see huge number like a 77 which be a few minus points for Smurf.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink, another has a date and each time we see looks decent.

Untitled Machine Games Indiana Jones Game, out of nowhere due to the announcement that we are getting 10 minutes of gameplay next week. Muss has counted picked it though.

Really this year I've gone for things with dates even if slightly vague like early 2024 for Shantae part from Untitled Machine Games Indiana Jones Game that is a bit of a wild card. A lot of mine have been counter picked, which means can't drop though again all should come out and do okay, safe is the name of game.

As for my counters Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, I can see why Andy went for it as it's MGS and in a recent PlayStation 2024 sizzle reel, personally can't see it coming out. The second is Cappa's Little Kitty, Big City where I can see the reviews now of it's not Stray.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 9 Jan 2024 - 22:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Under Night Counter Pick)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 18:56

mas wrote:

Unicorn Overlord, has a date and Vanillaware games always do well that might be bad for Jas. Also got in Save Slot 3

Even if it reviews well I think it's out early enough where any possible minus pts can be off set with big pickups later in the year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 19:21

Yeah pick ups will be vital this year more so then any other, as after March not a lot with dates.

Imagine the bidding war for Mario Kart X that launches alongside Next Switch.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2024 - 19:33

Due to an exceptionally boring start to my working day, here’s what, how and why I drafted my first eight games for the 2024 league:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Remake) – Folk have been wishing for a Thousand Year Door remake for ages. I recognise that it’s not only regarded as the best game in its series, but that it’s one of Nintendo’s most revered games…maybe ever? If it’s not quite on that Super Mario Bros. 3/Ocarina of Time/Mario Kart 8 rung of the ladder, it’s certainly on the one beneath it. Anyhoo, if it releases in 2024 then I’m confident this’ll rate highly.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 – I remember the prequel being widely acclaimed and an obsession of some gamers during the height of the pandemic. I could have picked this or Hallow Knight: Silksong and I umm’ed and ahh’ed about it for a brief time but ultimately, I think Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is the safer bet. With 2024 in the title, surely it’s not slipping until next year…?

Penny’s Big Breakaway – This is being made by a studio founded by some of Sonic Mania’s developers. It’s supposedly inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater and JumpingFlash. I mean, what a combination that is. Penny’s Big Breakaway is simply a game I want to support and see do well. Drafting it for this league was an absolute no-brainer and I’m glad I had the chance to do so.

Lorelei and the Laser Eyes – I drafted this for the same reason as I did in 2023: “it’s made by the folk who did Year Walk and Sayonara Wild Hearts, and they’re both class”.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown – It’s out very soon and recent previews were very complimentary. I understand that it’s also being made by a team with a strong pedigree for releasing well-regarded titles too, which is smashing.

Rift of the NecroDancer – I’m going off the popularity of Crypt of the NecroDancer and Cadence of Hyrule here. At the very least it’ll have a cracking soundtrack, and that’s often the foundation of a well-liked game.

Little Kitty, Big City – At this point I was lacking obvious choices and clear ideas, so went looking at some of the graphics compiled for social media posts after Sony’s past State of Play and Nintendo’s past Indie World broadcasts. I came across a logo and then a YouTube video for Little City, Big City, and I liked the look of it. I’ve got a vague recollection of seeing this in the past and thinking that it might capture the same spirit as Untitled Goose Game. Unless it ends up being a glitchy and broken mess, I think reviewers would have to be truly anti-fun to give Little City, Big City a gubbing.

Mina the Hollower – It's not bad at all to draft this as my eighth and final choice (for the time being). Reading into it, it sounds like play testers and punters alike have really enjoyed the opportunities they’ve had to try it. It feels like it’s been in development for ages though – I wonder if that’s still progressing.

I counter-picked two games as well:

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League – Between Muss drafting this and me having the opportunity to counter-pick it, lots of websites and bloggers came out with their impressions of their hands-on previews. IGN’s read “we played multiple hours of Suicide Squad and we did not like it”. Maybe they’ll delay it, but the omens aren’t good the now.

Song of Silence – I don’t have an agenda against Muss and it wasn’t deliberate of me to counter-pick a second of his eight games; it’s just that I had no sensible-looking alternatives and I hadn’t heard of this before. This could be a masterpiece, or it could be a load of mince. I don’t know.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptySun 21 Jan 2024 - 18:17

Picked up Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story, which I was surprised Muss hadn't bid on as well as he loves the A League of Legends Story game. The other I got is Sand Land, which has a date now and looks quite good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2024 - 18:43

Is Sand Land the Toriyama game? I thought it looked a bit ropey, personally, but it might have been an early build.

I suppose I should do a little roundup of my draft:

Tekken 8 - My round one draft pick. I was very confident this would do well as fighting games are absolutely smashing it as of late and considering it's sitting on a 90 right now, I was right to be confident!

Persona 3 Reload - Reasonably confident in this. I'm hoping for mid 80s. Atlus are obviously throwing big bucks at this from a visual standpoint and have got new voice acting and the works, so I'm confident from a presentation side of things that this will be a worthy remake.

Metaphor: ReFantazio - A bit of a riskier play here, but it had a lot of Persona energy and could end up being a sleeper hit. Low 80s would suit me nicely, though.

Black Myth: Wukong - From an untested Chinese dev, so definitely a risk, but I think this is looking good judging by gameplay that's been shown off, and they're not shy in demoing it to the likes of IGN, so they must be confident in their game as well. I think this will be this year's Lies of P - mid 80s, please!

Nine Sols - From the same Taiwenese dev studio that did Detention and Devotion. This is a lovely looking Sekiro-inspired 2D action platformer with some gorgeous animated cutscenes. I'm hopeful that this will break into the 80s, but I'd be happy enough with high 70s.

Earthblade - The next game from the Celeste team. It might not actually come out this year which would be less than ideal, but I think this will be bloody brilliant if it does release. High 80s, hopefully.

Little Nightmares III - A safe enough shout. The second game got low 80s on Opencritic, so hoping for much of the same here.

Unannounced Mainline 3D Mario Game - A total leap of faith which will obviously pay off massively if we do get a 3D Mario this year. Surprisingly, none of you nutters counterpicked it so even if it doesn't come out, I can always drop it for another game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2024 - 19:19

Yeah Toriyama is behind Sand Land, most recent trailer looked good.

Little Nightmares III is different devs (is it supermassive now?) and coop, it might not be as good.

You could only drop Mario if it gets a not coming out this year, at the moment you're stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)   GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Fantasy Games League (And your Year Four winner is...)
Page 32 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32