We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Treesmurf
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 20:17

Here's a new way to do a vote thread. See Page 4 of the Votes Discourse thread for more chat.

Rules:

1. Don't be a fanny.
2. Let's just discuss one game at a time, or at least keep it on the topic of the one game we're discussing.
3. If three days pass without a new comment, then it's fair game to move on to a new conversation. Just signal your intent to speak about your game of choice.

If that sounds all right, let's kick proceedings off.

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 12:28; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 20:18

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition SI_3DS_RidgeRacer3D_image1600w

Laurel and Hardy. Abbott and Costello. Computer game console launches and Ridge Racer. You never think of one without thinking of the other. Old, faithful Ridge Racer, it’s always there. It’s always something you can rely on.

A new Ridge Racer was like the litmus test for how your shiny new £300 console would perform. Indeed, the Ridge Racer games of the ‘90s and ‘00s were graphical beasts that brilliantly showcased the giant leaps forward between that era’s console generations. For your proof, just take a look at the difference between Ridge Racer (1) on PlayStation and Ridge Racer V on PlayStation 2, and then the aesthetic stride the series took from there when the sixth and seventh versions launched alongside the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 respectively. Yet wherever you played it, you knew what you were getting with a good new Ridge Racer: good old Ridge Racer.

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition Maxresdefault

That suits me. Ridge Racer has long been one of my favourite computer game franchises. Stripped-back, compact, no-fannying-about arcade racing at it’s purest. I love that it’s got the tightest handling and powerside style of driving in any arcade racer not called OutRun 2. The soundtrack too - a big part of the Ridge Racer series - is exactly the poppy, catchy and bass-heavy electronic dance music that brings out the best in arcade experiences like this. Adding to that are all those lovely little nostalgic touches that are scattered throughout all of Namco’s games. They’re here too. That’s even staring you in the face: the motor on the front of the box is called the Phantomile, a reference to the world where the Klonoa games take place. I adore that attention to detail! Even before it came out, you could tell that Ridge Racer 3D was going to be reliable in all these senses, and a proper gamer’s game. Like always, it would be a grand celebration of its own past that rewards players who have been with it for a long time, but uncomplicated enough for anybody of any ability to enjoy it as well. In a series of many highlights, I felt that the 3DS represented a brilliant platform on which Ridge Racer could develop.

True to tradition, Ridge Racer 3D is yet another enhancement of a previous generations counterpart. Notably, it’s different from the PSP’s Ridge Racers 2 with the addition of an extra dimension. However, that’s the only notable difference. Fair enough, there’s the odd thing that’s new, but most of the changes are small, and variable in quantity and their function. Ridge Racer is hardly a game that needs reintroducing, or reinventing - you’ll know the script by now. You work your way up through Grand Prix classes, earn credits to buy new cars, and try and unlock the next, tougher levels. It’s much like Ridge Racers 2, in that it’s more ‘Now That’s What I Call Ridge Racer!” than all-new material. As you’d expect with that, the old announcer is still here, and so are the cars you’ve driven a thousand times, and the courses you’ve lapped a thousand times more. It’s not really it’s own thing right enough, and you sense that they lifted a lot of assets straight from the PSP games, but that’s absolutely no bad thing if it’s ‘good old Ridge Racer’.

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition 232151_scr3_a

This remains a super game. Pound for pound, I’ve got brilliant value for money from planting £35 on this back in 2011. I’ve clocked in over forty hours with it, and I’m sure I’ll clock in many more. It’s a serious beefy package, just like mine. The developer has simply refined what worked well in the past, but modernised it so to suit what the 3DS was marketing itself on back when they were charging £230 for the bastart. More than just a visual gimmick for the hell of it, I’m convinced that the use of the stereoscopic 3D effect gives off the perception of depth that you wouldn’t get with, say, Forza Motorsport, or even with some of those hyper-realistic Grand Prix Legends games that just terrify me with their lack of accessibility. As totally unrealistic as Ridge Racer 3D naturally is, the 3D effect really draws you in, and elegantly so. The sheer speed of Ridge Racer 3D is a highlight too. Blasting round those familiar corners with that famous Ridge Racer handling and never slowing down doesn’t stop being exciting. For thrills, there’s little on 3DS that matches it.

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition 232151_scr1_a

It’s not perfect, in fairness. Ridge Racer has a reputation for being a ‘placeholder’ sort of game, as being something to play while you wait for the next bigger and better thing. With Ridge Racer 3D, I wouldn’t say that’s the case, but there was definitely room for improvement. In particular, the rough, washed-out visuals looked dated a long time before now, and the AI rubberbanding in the Grand Prix modes gets on my tits as much as it probably would on yours. Additionally, a missing feature that dates Ridge Racer 3D badly is the lack of online multiplayer. The local multiplayer modes were perfectly acceptable and a source of good entertainment for a while, but without online multiplayer, it probably harmed the game’s longevity. In likelihood, you probably forgot there was a Ridge Racer on the 3DS - that’s how old it is, and that’s how quickly it came and raced by.

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition 232151_scr6_a

For ten quid at CEX, Ridge Racer 3D absolutely warrants a second look. Deservedly, it was called “gorgeous, detailed, super-fast and loveably mad” in it’s April 2011 NGamer Magazine review. For me, Ridge Racer 3D set the example that all the others had to follow. Yet here we are at the arse-end of the 3DS’s lifespan, and nobody did. Perhaps, nobody could? On 3DS, Ridge Racer is the best game in the genre of one.

What were your thoughts on Ridge Racer 3D? Were you a fan? Are you a fan now? Pull up a barstool, and let's talk some bollocks.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 21:20

Those letters are big

I'm not officially a "fan" as I've not played it - in fact, I've just had the revelation that... I think... I've only played Ridge Racer of any sort in an arcade. However reading that does make me want to become one. I have already looked at Amazon to see what used copies are going for! That's the Cappa magic I guess.

Your point about Ridge Racer being considered a "placeholder" is bang-on; I do think of this sort of relatively-archaic arcade racer as a very shallow experience, and that's why I didn't consider buying it at the time (Maybe, had the eShop been a bit together, it would've been more appealing to me as a download). However, I can't deny that, watching the videos embedded above, it looks like a lot of fun - I would definitely rather play this, compared with any technically-accurate racing simulation (yer GTs, Rally Championship wotsits - even the Formula 1 games are bloody dull). And although the 3DS was quite impressive for a littl'n at the time, that runs at a fair old pace; it's a rarity in this millennium that a game is so technically proficient so close to the launch.

That lady should not throw her sunglasses like that though - that's how people break them, silly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 21:25

That music tracked linked is a cracker, Cappa. Thumbs Up!

I echo Jimbob's post about being tempted to pick up a copy based on your write-up - you sure can sell the merits of a game, Cappa. I must admit this is one that totally passed me by as I spent 2011 playing Tekken 3 and playing what felt like every co-op shooter the 360 had in a dingy uni flat living room. I didn't even own a 3DS until 2014, if I recall correctly. However, after playing way too much OutRun thanks to the arcade cabinets in Yakuza 0 and also in the excellent 3D version on 3DS, an arcade racer does sound like something I'd enjoy.

I'm not usually a big racing game fan - my only real exposure to the genre beyond Mario Kart is Need for Speed Underground 2 on PS2 and Burnout Paradise. I'd assume by your write-up that RR3D is closer to those games in tone than your Forzas and Gran Turismos, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 28 Jan 2019 - 22:05

Aye I really enjoyed this back at the 3ds' launch and that write up has me wanting to boot it up again, the 3d really was nice and because of that it's the only racing game where I could comfortably play in first person mode. The 3d depth honestly helped in anticipating the corners.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 2:52

I don't think I've ever played a Ridge Racer game. If the 3DS weren't region-locked, I'd go to try to find a cheap second-hand copy and play catch-up. You certainly make it sound like a nice example of the genre.

The Kid wrote:
It’s a serious beefy package, just like mine.

QUALITY line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 13:09

I tried the ridge racer demo at the 3ds preview event and thought it was a shiter. I ended up buying it for the 3dstribe competition but that was the only use for it

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 16:41

Got to say that's fantastic first post and I wasn't expecting to see a game like that which was always my worry with idea as we'd only see ALBW etc the big games, but if you can post about games like that then got to say you're in the running for contributor of the year 2019 Thumbs Up!

I've never been a big Ridge Racer fan, I've always viewed it as I want a racer on my new system lets get ridge racer till Mario Kart comes along in the case of the 3DS. I remember you saying Ridge Racer 2 on PSP was good that I may track that down, there is a VITA one which looks fantastic but has almost no content.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 20:51

masofdas wrote:
Got to say that's fantastic first post and I wasn't expecting to see a game like that which was always my worry with idea as we'd only see ALBW etc the big games, but if you can post about games like that then got to say you're in the running for contributor of the year 2019  Thumbs Up!

Honestly, get one CotY award and Mas is putting his shirt down over puddles for you. Razz He's not wrong, though, that's a grand post.  In, as Jimbob says, surprisingly large text.  Works though!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
A new Ridge Racer was like the litmus test for how your shiny new £300 console would perform. Indeed, the Ridge Racer games of the ‘90s and ‘00s were graphical beasts that brilliantly showcased the giant leaps forward between that era’s console generations. For your proof, just take a look at the difference between Ridge Racer (1) on PlayStation and Ridge Racer V on PlayStation 2, and then the aesthetic stride the series took from there when the sixth and seventh versions launched alongside the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 respectively. Yet wherever you played it, you knew what you were getting with a good new Ridge Racer: good old Ridge Racer.

I feel like it's getting a bit much of a free pass for this.  Maybe it's just my relative lack of poops given about shiny graphics, but I feel like this should be a black mark against the name of a new console launch game, not a reason to cheer.  I can see the appeal of a game that, like a pair of comfy slippers, you slip into and you know exactly what you're getting and it's nice (see: Smash, Ace Attorney, Pokémon, all franchises I love).  As a launch title, though, I think I'd expect a bit more.

More than just a visual gimmick for the hell of it, I’m convinced that the use of the stereoscopic 3D effect gives off the perception of depth that you wouldn’t get with, say, Forza Motorsport, or even with some of those hyper-realistic Grand Prix Legends games that just terrify me with their lack of accessibility. As totally unrealistic as Ridge Racer 3D naturally is, the 3D effect really draws you in, and elegantly so.
The_Jaster wrote:
Aye I really enjoyed this back at the 3ds' launch and that write up has me wanting to boot it up again, the 3d really was nice and because of that it's the only racing game where I could comfortably play in first person mode. The 3d depth honestly helped in anticipating the corners.

This is a different story!  I can't honestly remember many 3DS games that made as big a deal of the 3D as I'd hoped, apart from Super Mario 3D Land's puzzle rooms and ALBW doing a thing well (surprise surprise).  It's not an extra level of polish, it's the thing that gave the machine its name; so that RR3D made a big deal of it probably justifies its existence single-handedly.  

Adding to that are all those lovely little nostalgic touches that are scattered throughout all of Namco’s games. They’re here too. That’s even staring you in the face: the motor on the front of the box is called the Phantomile, a reference to the world where the Klonoa games take place. I adore that attention to detail!

Ah now this is bloody sweet.  It's cute when Ninty does it, it's cute when Wreck-It Ralph does it, and it's cute when Namco does it too.

Balla's Ridge Racer 3D experiences:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 20:26

Thanks for contributing, and for your kind feedback. I'm really surprised to read how few of you have played this, or any Ridge Racer. It was a hugely significant series back in the day, and although it's kind of gone away in the last few years, I think there's always a time and place for an old-school arcade racer. I really hope that rumour about Ridge Racer 8 being a Switch exclusive turns out to be true - I'd welcome it, and I think it would find a good audience of appreciative gamers.

Jimbob wrote:

Your point about Ridge Racer being considered a "placeholder" is bang-on; I do think of this sort of relatively-archaic arcade racer as a very shallow experience, and that's why I didn't consider buying it at the time (Maybe, had the eShop been a bit together, it would've been more appealing to me as a download). However, I can't deny that, watching the videos embedded above, it looks like a lot of fun - I would definitely rather play this, compared with any technically-accurate racing simulation.

At the time, even I thought Ridge Racer 3D was a bit rich at almost forty quid. So did a lot of others, clearly, as it dropped off the charts very quickly, and was down to a tenner or so by the end of the year. At that price though, it’s still brilliant throwaway fun for a bash on the Quick Race mode.

JayMoyles wrote:

I'm not usually a big racing game fan - my only real exposure to the genre beyond Mario Kart is Need for Speed Underground 2 on PS2 and Burnout Paradise. I'd assume by your write-up that RR3D is closer to those games in tone than your Forzas and Gran Turismos, right?

At least back in the day, Burnout and Need For Speed took after Ridge Racer. The only things that Ridge Racer and Forza/Gran Turismo have in common are that they’re racing games, with cars, and laps. Otherwise, chalk and cheese.

The_Jaster wrote:
It's the only racing game where I could comfortably play in first person mode. The 3d depth honestly helped in anticipating the corners.

Me too. Playing this in first-person is still one of my favourite uses of the 3D effect on the 3DS. It looks superb in motion, especially on a New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Balladeer wrote:

I feel like it's getting a bit much of a free pass for (being the same old thing). Maybe it's just my relative lack of poops given about shiny graphics, but I feel like this should be a black mark against the name of a new console launch game, not a reason to cheer. I can see the appeal of a game that, like a pair of comfy slippers, you slip into and you know exactly what you're getting and it's nice (see: Smash, Ace Attorney, Pokémon, all franchises I love). As a launch title, though, I think I'd expect a bit more.

That’s true, but Ridge Racer 3D did have a few new things that distinguished it from other games in the series. Nothing major right enough, but there was a time long ago when StreetPass Duels, stereoscopic 3D and four-player wireless multiplayer were something to get excited about.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyWed 30 Jan 2019 - 23:43

Well, I think I'll give this a go then TCK - I've not played a proper racing game outside of Mario Kart in ages and I'm not really playing anything properly myself right now, so let's give this a bash.

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition R91gCEl

I'm never getting through my backlog if we're going to have contributions like that opening post that sell me on a game. I'll post some impressions up in this thread once I've got my copy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 20:10

JayMoyles wrote:
‘Reduce my backlog by at least 25 games. My backlog is pretty scary and a clear sign I need to stop buying so many new releases. I'll aim to strip back on the number of new titles I buy in a bid to get my Backlog reduced - I'm low-balling the figure I'll hopefully actually reach, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.’

Neutral
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 20:56

The year is still young, o ye of little faith. I'll get it done!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 22:38

It also isn't a new game you've bought. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 23:15

That's good to see that somebody's gone for it! Even if you just stick to the arcade mode, you'll get your tenner's worth. I don't know what games in your backlog, Jay, but Ridge Racer 3D won't take up too much of your time and effort.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptySat 2 Feb 2019 - 0:49

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition JigHcNb

Tempted to make that my avatar, to be honest. Laughing

I played the first few Grand Prix races to get a feel for the game this evening. It's fun! The drifting and slipstreaming plays into each other nicely so the first lap feels great as you advance your way up the field of racers. It does feel good fighting for position with each racer that you pass and then holding onto your lead with proper use of the nitrous boost is tense and satisfying to boot.

I've not ran into any rubber-banding as of yet - is that something that comes in the higher class races? The visuals aren't anything to write home about, but there's a couple of lovely wee touches like blossom petals or confetti falling onto the camera at different points in the race.

One thing I will say is that the bloody announcer will not shut up. Although I did get a kick when I first used the full triple nitrous boost and she said "Oh YEAH! A triple!" in incredibly unconvincing fashion. I don't think she's on my side, really. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 9:37

That's definitely avatar worthy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:03

The_Jaster wrote:
That's definitely avatar worthy. Laughing

I'm inclined to agree.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:16

RIP to Jay's Gogmazios though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:25

At least Monster Mash is back online so he can live forever in our fans' hearts.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 22:20

I found myself laughing and feeling uncomfortable staring at my mug in every thread when logging into the forum today. Well played. Laughing

I'm still enjoying RR3D - I think it's a perfect title to throw on for a few races to kill twenty minutes here or there, so it's one I think I'll be plugging away at over time. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 18:38

I was waiting for Jay's approval before I laughed at his gurning mug. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 19:32

I was playing it for laughs anyway, it was fine to chuckle. Laughing

More to give me a giggle when I loaded up the game each time, but now to give me a laugh on here too, I suppose!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyWed 6 Feb 2019 - 9:52

I hope you get enjoyment out of Ridge Racer 3D for a long time. You're kind of knackered otherwise on the 3DS: apart from that, Mario Kart 7 and the SEGA AGES version of OutRun, you're going to have to look at other hardware for arcade racers. The PSP horses the 3DS in that sense.

Edit: jumping ahead and breaking my own rules, but I'm going to start writing another look-back for another game soon. No rush though, and anybody else is free to jump in before me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition EmptyWed 6 Feb 2019 - 12:15

Ive been thinking of another one and it feels like RR3D has calmed down. Ill put something together tonight if that's cool with everybody?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next