We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Treesmurf
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 15:36

Balladeer wrote:

The missions were definitely in place to stop the game from overwhelming the humble 3DS: this was an expansion of a not-too-distant home console game, albeit a launch title.

I would agree with this had we not recently had that same console game on the 3DS!

I do own a copy of LM2 but I've never found myself chomping at the bit to go and play it. It's not really discussed, is it? The original gets mentioned from time to time, but I hear very little chatter about its sequel. Maybe people will start chatting about it more once LM3 hits shelves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 19:56

I know what you mean, Smurf and Jim (Jay, go play it - it's still great): it's the second game I've bigposted about in a row where I really enjoyed it, but I can't actually remember that much. Eh? I think (I may be talking out of my bottom here) that's because the key factor was the charm and the atmosphere, and as Smurf says, not so much about level set-pieces (bosses aside). It's a great game when you're plugged into your headphones, but take them out and it's hard to remember all that much about.

The exceptions are the soundtrack and the Polterpup moments though. Love dat pup. Love
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 2:50

Ooh, yay, another one I actually played! i'll have a proper read and reply later (when I'm done editing this bloody Koffing podcast).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 13:37

LM2 - Banger 👍

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:22

Good right up and has got me excited to play LM3.

Can I reserve the week starting 21st of July, please?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:31

I'm very much up for that.

This really is another KIU, isn't it? Everyone who's played it loves it, but nobody can remember any specific moments.

My favourite:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:16

I wouldn't say everyone that played KIU loved it..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:26

Everyone who's played a decent amount of it because their hands survived loves it. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 18:18

Happy to see this thread back - good stuff Balladeer. Thumbs Up!

I didn’t finish Luigi’s Mansion 2. I think I dropped it somewhere in the fourth mansion. It was a long time ago now, but what I remember of Luigi’s Mansion 2 was that it had some fun moments between some sadly boring backtracking. The opening moments weren’t up to much, IIRC. I agree up to a point about it’s charm – it’s really nicely animated, and I maybe found it quite amusing at times – but…I’m not sure. It just felt like it lacked those sparks of imagination and the freshness that the original Luigi’s Mansion had.

I thought the first one was a lot nicer to play on the GameCube, and definitely a lot nicer to hear and play. On 3DS, there were a lot of small differences in the sound, appearance and even in the way it felt. Luigi’s Mansion just felt so right on GameCube. I never thought that the 3DS had the guts to do Luigi’s Mansion justice though. I always thought that this would have been a much better Wii U game, much better off on a system with the hardware to deliver it.

This really is another Kid Icarus Uprising for me!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:03

That's me told! Laughing Damning, Cappa, damning; but possibly fair.

I wonder if my more positive view might incorporate the fact that I wasn't all that impressed with the original Mansion? It did some nice things, but it felt a bit like a launch stopgap, what with its use of a secondary character and its short length and small map and emphasis on replayability and score chasing and and and. I was young and foolish and might be more kindly disposed if I played it for the first time now, but at the time it felt a bit throwaway for The Big Launch Games.

Then LM2 came along and improved on those areas. Luigi, the secondary character, was not only established as a 'hero' in his own right by getting a sequel alone, but he also conveyed a boatload of personality ('Bad doggie!') in this game. Meanwhile we got more mansions, a bigger title, and a game that didn't expect you to replay 4h of content to get a decent amount out of it. The original was too short but the amount it expected me to replay too long, and the sequel had neither problem. That probably endeared it to me more than it would to big fans of the original, who would concentrate more on the areas where it fell down in comparison. LIKE THOSE CHUFFING BEAM SEGMENTS.

Also I don't mind backtracking!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:31

Balladeer wrote:
The original was too short but the amount it expected me to replay too long, and the sequel had neither problem.

Regarding the original, I remember well what NGC said about it in their review. It was something like 'if you love a film, would you complain that it should have been half an hour longer?'. That stuck with me. I thought Luigi's Mansion was the perfect length and had great replay value, tons of fun and secrets stuffed into such a short amount of time.

Luigi's Mansion 2 didn't have the same impact on me as the original did. It was just such a fresh idea that was loaded with visual effects that I'd never seen pulled off on a console before. The ghosts were translucent, actually translucent! And the dust particles floating in the air when you shone your torch, that was just *Italian chef kiss*. I don't think Luigi's Mansion 2 really had any of that magic, and I've never felt urged to go back, replay it and find it's secrets.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:42

I think I'd rewatch the film. I don't think I'd replay the game, not for several years anyway. Obviously, from what you've said, another difference between our playstyles that might contribute to our differing views!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:02

What we can agree on though: BASEketball could have been half an hour longer.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 0:43

Fun fact: I've still not played the original Luigi's Mansion! In theory, I like the sound of properly exploring one mansion better than the mission system of 2, but I didn't miss it when I was playing through this game. I liked the funny animations, I enjoyed the music and atmosphere, I breezed through the game without ever being particularly challenged. I actually remember it dragging a little - maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 could have been half an hour shorter.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 6:12

I kinda didn't like the mission style of the game, I liked it in the first where it was "here's your mansion off ya go" to "go do this and if you do it well you'll get a gold star"..
If it was at the end of a mansion fine but not half way through
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 19:07

Fair to say you're not alone there, Shanks!

Drunkalilly wrote:
Fun fact: I've still not played the original Luigi's Mansion! In theory, I like the sound of properly exploring one mansion better than the mission system of 2, but I didn't miss it when I was playing through this game. I liked the funny animations, I enjoyed the music and atmosphere, I breezed through the game without ever being particularly challenged. I actually remember it dragging a little - maybe Luigi's Mansion 2 could have been half an hour shorter.

Dragging aside, I agree with this. The last mansion was a bit larger and more convoluted, but I actually like that. It's what the last mansion should feel like.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 13:18

And it's the one thing that kinda stops me going back, I wouldn't mind going through 1 and 2 again before 3 comes out, but at the moment I'm more then willing to go through 1 2 I just don't want to
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 13:48

I am tempted to pick up the original fir 3DS but I'm just not sure my little machine can handle an action game any more. I can play Pokemon because it doesn't matter if occasionally the buttons don't work but I'm sure that'd be frustrating as hell in Luigi's Gaff.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 14:06

The thing that took me a bit to get used to was using the C stick to move up and down, which wasn't overly responsive, so I moved to the D pad, which can make things a bit tricks with the Boos
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 15:06

I should clarify- sometimes my buttons literally don't work.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 2:00

Ahh Rightyo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 12:49

Unfortunately I'm in a similar position. For me it's that the 3DS occasionally turns itself off for laughs, so games without autosaves or the ability to save anywhere are almost unplayable. (I know most of you know this: Shanks might not.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 14:47

Balladeer wrote:
Unfortunately I'm in a similar position.  For me it's that the 3DS occasionally turns itself off for laughs, so games without autosaves or the ability to save anywhere are almost unplayable.  (I know most of you know this: Shanks might not.)

I think you did tell me before, but all I could remember was that you had vague 3DS troubles. That's a big oof! Sounds like battery issues, so could be fixable if you had any powerful urge to play 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 15:01

Might well be. The same thing happens when it's plugged in, though. Eh? My real backup would be that The Lady's 3DS still works, so if another great 3DS game showed its head I could theoretically borrow that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 15:08

Oh okay, its definitely haunted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next