If You Can’t Stand The Heat Get Out Of This Indie Direct

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 23:28

Well, I'll check it out nonetheless. Depending on how well I vibe with it, it could be the last nail in the coffin for me being actively interested in new Fire Emblem games until they inevitably announce a remake for Ike's two games. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2019 - 23:38

It's just a odd one though as by any other name, you more than likely would like as eg Persona.

Weird though how we've come custom to this is what X game should be like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 12:53

I don’t think that’s right though Mas, if it was like persona and also had the execution of Persona, fine, but none of the character interactions in Awakening/fates were equal to the social systems in Persona. If they were it wouldn’t be such a concern, but putting focus on the weak relationship system rather than the organic story telling of Rolf going from a kid that could barely shoot an arrow to a one hit killing badass seems like an odd move.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 15:21

Well I've not played Three Houses yet, just going by previews and you have all the calender system, take people to places, build up your standing with that character etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:13

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I don’t think that’s right though Mas, if it was like persona and also had the execution of Persona, fine, but none of the character interactions in Awakening/fates were equal to the social systems in Persona. If they were it wouldn’t be such a concern, but putting focus on the weak relationship system rather than the organic story telling of Rolf going from a kid that could barely shoot an arrow to a one hit killing badass seems like an odd move.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yeah, the writing and characters in Persona made the social links compelling and as Andy rightly points out, that wasn't really there for the most part in previous FE games. A big part of Fire Emblem is the stories you come across on the battlefield - Andy's example of Rolf becoming an utter badass with the right amount of attention is a great one. I enjoyed Saber becoming a one man killing machine and essentially acting as Celica's bodyguard in Echoes. The only other example I can think of comes from Awakening with Donnel becoming a demon with the right amount of care and love too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:19

He might very well be right but I was talking about Three Houses and what we've seen with the calendar system.

How that you've got different lessons to go to, social events on certain days, side mini games and a battle at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 21:38

I can't wait for Andy's review of the FETH calendar system!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 6:43

Too many days, not enough months 0/10

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: Fire Emblem Awakening
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11