We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Treesmurf
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2019 - 17:18

Drunkalilly wrote:
In the Reggie thread, Balla was mentioning the Nintendo humour being somewhat separate from the games sometimes, but this was an excellent blend of the two. Just a mechanism for bringing out hilarious moments.

'Here's a TV that looks like an apple.'

This is one of the games that I missed out on because I thought it would probably depend on me injecting some of my own creativity into the game. Sounds like I was bang on! I did imagine it would provide some laugh-out-loud moments, especially in the dream segments, but I wasn't sure it would keep me invested.

Quick question for those who've played the game: when the Queen and Scarlet Witch both fall in love with Iwata, say, does Iwata's decision depend on a coinflip, or on the personalities you've developed for them all?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2019 - 22:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
In the Reggie thread, Balla was mentioning the Nintendo humour being somewhat separate from the games sometimes, but this was an excellent blend of the two. Just a mechanism for bringing out hilarious moments.

Great point. Some of the moments are so bizarre - it's very much a Japanese style of humour at points, but if you vibe with that then it's definitely going to make you laugh.

Balladeer wrote:

Quick question for those who've played the game: when the Queen and Scarlet Witch both fall in love with Iwata, say, does Iwata's decision depend on a coinflip, or on the personalities you've developed for them all?

Not a clue! I didn't want to peek behind the curtain at stuff like that as I reckoned it'd take the fun out of the game. I'd much rather let things happen naturally rather than orchestrate them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 28 Feb 2019 - 22:53

Yeah, I definitely feel like if I knew anything about how this game operates it would ruin it for me. Let me apply logic and meaning to everything, even if maybe it's all in my head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 0:44

Another I've not played and even though I can see the appeal of it I don't think that will change, but that was a top write up though & those made up songs raised a wee laugh. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 1:02

Cheers Jas. Grin

Like I mentioned in the write-up, if you ever end up digging out the ol' 3DS, the demo is pretty generous and does that wonderful thing which Nintendo tends to do with their demos where you can transfer your progress into the full release.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 10:41

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Not a clue! I didn't want to peek behind the curtain at stuff like that as I reckoned it'd take the fun out of the game. I'd much rather let things happen naturally rather than orchestrate them.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yeah, I definitely feel like if I knew anything about how this game operates it would ruin it for me. Let me apply logic and meaning to everything, even if maybe it's all in my head.

I think my problem is that if I suspected it was down to a coinflip, I'd like it less. Embarrassed Your answers are the correct ones, but I daresay the fact that I wouldn't be happy with them is the reason TL isn't for me so much.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 11:03

I gave a bit of thought to writing up about Tomadachi Life too! I was mad for it when it came out in summer 2014 – it was the sort of game that I couldn’t wait to tell everybody all about. But I had to be careful, because the best bits about it are the surprises. Definitely, the less you know about Tomadachi Life, the better. It’s just such a mental, surreal game, with a daftness that’s not easy to compare to any other 3DS game. Having a think about it, it’s not really reminding me of Animal Crossing or The (Proper) Sims either, but the more animated, played-for-laughs MySims on Wii.

Backing up what Jay's saying, in Tomadachi Life, it’s all up to you. It’s really nice to read Jay’s stories about how his Islanders interacted – I’m sure everybody who bought this has loads of nice stories of their own. I’d also agree with Jay on the points about your mileage varying. I like this sort of aimless, go-at-your-own-pace sort of game, so Tomadachi Life suited me well.

I don’t think there’s a whole lot of ‘actual’ game in Tomadachi Life though. If I’m breaking it down into it’s absolute essence, it’s just a load of visual gags and scripted punchlines threaded together by some very basic relationship management stuff. Could it have been done on NES? Maybe so. But, I say that after having played it on 3DS for over thirty hours, mostly in the fortnight after it first came out. Playing “God surveying his paradise” is really good fun, and “watching Miis do funny things” will make you happy, at least for a bit. It’s a great break from the “serious and gripping”…

…but at the same time, it’s just a bit too superficial for me to wholeheartedly recommend at £31.99, which is what Amazon are still (!) selling it for brand new. It’s a risky purchase, but you never know, you might find yourself rewarded well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 13:21

I'll tell you what this game makes me miss: Miitomo. Now those were good times.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2019 - 14:27

I actually think a lot of the appeal of Tomodachi Life is present in Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers, where you are transformed into an anthropomorphic animal living in a post-apocalyptic mad mad styled world and take your (also anthropomorphised animal) friends along to battles with you
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptySun 3 Mar 2019 - 20:48

Tomodachi Life was peak Mii character usage, it's sad to think that the way Nintendo have cooled off on them now as it means we probably won't see another one of these. I'll be damned if I can remember anything of it now other than me and my friends dancing around a fire singing about the Wii U. What I do know though is that it kept me coming back everyday much like your Animal Crossings would, same with Miitomo actually.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2019 - 19:38

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I actually think a lot of the appeal of Tomodachi Life is present in Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers, where you are transformed into an anthropomorphic animal living in a post-apocalyptic mad mad styled world and take your (also anthropomorphised animal) friends along to battles with you

There is a comparison I did not expect to read. Shocked

I feel like it would be well worth me watching a compilation of TL's top gags. The ones they showed off in Directs were quality.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2019 - 20:10

Even if you're never going to play it and therefore there'd be nothing to 'spoil', I wouldn't recommend anybody watching a compilation of Tomadachi Life at all. You make your own entertainment with it, you have your own fun with it, and you make your own memories with it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2019 - 20:53

I liked it initially - however my own fragile psyche ruined it for me, as
end credits spoiler:
And I didn't really play it again. Even though I'd just married Nigella Lawson! And I was mates with Patrick Stewart! Can you imagine the hillarity? No, neither can I. But I sort of want to start it again now, as a Stupid Song Simulator.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 0:21

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wouldn't recommend anybody watching a compilation of Tomadachi Life at all. You make your own entertainment with it, you have your own fun with it, and you make your own memories with it.

On a counterpoint, it was through a Tomodachi Life highlights video that I decided to pick up the game. I felt that I wanted to experience those moments and more but with my own characters and stories instead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Mar 2019 - 20:18

I don't know what to think. Again. For the second time in two posts.

Hang on, I know what I think: I think that yer man Drunka had another game he wanted to put out! (Also that I'd love to see something from other people, e.g. Mas, Jas, Smurf if they're keen.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2019 - 20:42

Yeah, looks like Tomodachi Life chat has petered out - over to somebody else, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019 - 3:03

Apologies - I did go back to my Tomodachi save file and dig up my songs from a few years back. One was a loving ode to KFC, sung by myself, one was a crude rap about a cider-drinking spider who spins webs of desire (the last line is "I'm referring to my spunk") and one . . . was my friend Alex singing a love song about Madeline McCann :/

I was in a bad place when I lived in Somerset, guys.

I might be able to rustle something else up, but if another forumite beat me to it I'd be okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019 - 20:01

Friend or 'friend'? Hard to tell without context, and besides Muss you didn't seem to like many people back in Somerset! Apart from the cat, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 0:38

Drunkalilly wrote:
one was a crude rap about a cider-drinking spider who spins webs of desire (the last line is "I'm referring to my spunk")

Amazing. Was the spider an islander or just inspiration for one your banging tunes?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 13:47

Muss and I had a large group of friends, to whom I was genuinely close... but moving away had the effect of realising most of them were only my friends due to convenience. On the other hand, there are some I still genuinely love and miss.

The cat was in Cheltenham, not Somerset, thank you very much.

And spider was just to rhyme with coder, then I made a spunk joke to justify the rhyme.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 19:30

Drunkalilly wrote:

Supporting a completely different cricket team! My humble apologies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 20:27

Balladeer wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Supporting a completely different cricket team!  My humble apologies.

I saw the World Cup last week in town.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 20:42

Sounds unlikely, it's not on for a few months! Eh? (Also it's not really a 'World' Cup because they shrunk it to ten teams and what a sport with an inclusivity image issue needs is definitely to shrink its main tournament...)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 20:49

This one

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 GettyImages-1134205976

I saw it in what you would call a shopping centre though on it's little tour
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 21:35

Huh. They must have been taking it on a tour, shortly before it goes back to India.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition   Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Some Bollocks About: The Nintendo 3DS & Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next