We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)

Go down 
+5
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 8 May 2019 - 8:04

I'll be starting in a week or so. I know I know, I was supposed to be watching along, but then Fate Grand Order released an event that requires completing the first main story to participate in and me being a new player with most of the story to play through... Well, you get the idea. Finally nearing the end, then the rest of the week to scramble through the event as much as possible, and then Digimon's top of the agenda.

Still I should be able to cruise through nine episodes easily enough, that's only 3 nights worth for me. One if I were to really crack on with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 8 May 2019 - 19:43

Get on it Athers, we need more people to talk to! But, er, don't deprive yourself of sleep for it. That way madness lies.

Just the subs so far.

7:

8:

9:

Three really solid episodes there. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 May 2019 - 16:22

I've just watched EP 8-9 and nice to see that things are finally happening in the show beyond this is what this Digimon evolves into, who will it be next week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 May 2019 - 19:12

I feel that's a tad harsh. Obviously this is the first example of plot, but a series with 14-16 main characters needs good main characters. For that, they need development.

Now, it's fair to say that not every character has got their develo(cough)Sora(cough)pment...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 0:49

I feel like she had a better showing in the last set of episodes, to be fair! I ranked her fairly highly after two weeks at the bottom spot in my Digidestined ranking.

I still find it hilarious that she misses doing her washing more than anything else though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptySun 12 May 2019 - 21:09

Watching the dub now...

7:

8:

9:

Sub so much better. Onto 10-12!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 1:22

Balladeer wrote:

In the sub, don't they discover that it's an island by reaching the top of the mountain?  In the dub, they say, 'We found nothing at the top.'  Shite.

I have literally zero idea as to why they'd omit that from the dub. I get cutting scenes like the bath scene in Episode 8, but surely discovering they're on an island is a pretty big development? Confused
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 4:12

Sorry, haven't had time for a big ol' post. I'll be all over that shit when Shen's in the states!

Temples have guardian lion deities and ogremon is kinda like an oni or whatever, so there's some kind of mythology thing there but I can't be too clear. And I barely speak Japanese at all, don't ask me to get into dialects! If he says lots of "Metcha" he's probably a bit Osaka/ west Japan, and if he says lots of "hontoni" he's more Tokyo/ East Japan but that's about all I got.

The bath stuff is weird but also pretty standard japanese schoolboy stuff. Everyone goes Onsen here, you're the weird one if you don't. I've been naked with most of my colleagues.

The western openings and closings showing all the digivolutions is bullshit of the highest order. Gotta sell them toys, right?

But yeah, I liked the "get to know one kid a week" stuff, but i'm glad we're moving a little more and seeing more monster fights now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 10:40

With your lady in town it's nice that you've been able to make it on at all. Smile Does the Japanese opening not have all the Digivolutions? I thought it was the same with better music!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 18:45

It definitely shows off the Rookie and Champion forms - nothing beyond that, as far as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2019 - 20:32

One of those Champions feels like it's meant to be a secret right now though. 🤷
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 1:35

Time for the next three episodes! Again, I'm typing as I'm watching so please excuse the live-blog nature of my write-ups.

EP 10: Kentarumon the Defender!:

EP 11: The Dancing Ghosts! Bakemon:

EP 12: Adventure! Patamon and I:

The Rankings:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 10:42

I did like what you would think are unusual pairings, sort of work.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptySun 19 May 2019 - 20:14

10:

At this point I'm afraid I stopped liveblogging because it was too much of a hassle.  So, summaries instead!

11:

12:

Responses to Jay:

I don't have time really to watch all the dubisodes this time around... sorry Jay.  I've opted for the one I felt would be hardest to adapt, which is 11 (also: the one I'm most likely to be able to deal with watching again).  I think they just went for the tug-o-war approach in the dub though, since that's comprehensibly to Westerners even if sumo isn't!

11 dub:

On we go lads!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 17:50

Balladeer wrote:
Calling Mimi a 's**thead' given her company in her episode seems a bit off the mark to me...

Oh, it was tongue-in-cheek in regards to Mimi - it's that bloody gesture she did though. Every character in anime I've seen do that is a colossal prat, so it's not a good thing for Mimi to do in my eyes.

If you've been watching Rising of the Shield Hero, you'll know why...

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 21:08

Can't say I have...  Palmon's cool though, you can't call her a prat!

Episode 13 (sub):

14:

15:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:37

That's just the standard poking-your-tongue out gesture here in Japan. The kids and I do it all the time.

Anyhoo, I watched 10 but other than that I'm behind. Now that I don't have the guilt of forcing Shen to sit and watch them with me I can catch up a bit quicker though Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 May 2019 - 0:47

Drunkalilly wrote:
That's just the standard poking-your-tongue out gesture here in Japan. The kids and I do it all the time.

Fair enough! My only exposure to it was through terrible people in anime and manga pulling off that gesture, so there were negative connotations there!

I'll fire through the next batch of episodes over the weekend, I reckon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 15:23

Mostly just saying this to give myself a Unbreakable Vow, I'll be starting (at long last!) tomorrow night.  Been procrastinating a lot the last week, but with gacha's about the be outlawed in the west (shame, I really do like just zenning out to them with a podcast on in the background, super relaxing) and most of them having a dead period right now anyway I'm finally at the point of doing something with my free time.  So Digimon will finally enter the equation, and I'll finally be booting up a proper video game for the first time in over two months!  

Also
Balladeer wrote:
Spoiler:

To be fair
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 18:02

True, true. I feel they could have made a bigger deal of that than they did.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 1:19

A little late, but my thoughts on 13-15 are here!

EP 13: Angemon Awakens!:

EP 14: Set Sail - To A New Continent:
EP 15: Etemon! Grand Entrance of Evil:

Rankings:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 9:42

Holy redemption arc Batman! Or, er, bat-mon. Agreed with the 'BRING BACK POYOMON' sentiments.

I'm going to give 13-15 one more week, because Jay didn't get around to them until this week, to give Athers some catching up time, and because this week is really busy for me and I don't know whether I'll get time to watch the next set.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 1:03

If you find yourself with more free time than anticipated, feel free to cycle to the next trio - I've got a day off on Thursday during which I could dedicate an hour to some Digimon adventuring. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 16:01

Managed to watch these today, some great episodes and I can't wait to see what comes soon
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 14:30

I'm all caught up!

I definitely remember it feeling a lot more slow-paced when I could only watch episodes one at a time when they aired . . .

Jay pretty much everything you asked "how did they do that in the dub" or "I bet that was cut" was cut, but the threat of death and the kanji were intact.

I'm not gonna do full reaction posts for each episode as I just watched like 6 in a row, but I will say I'm pretty satisfied with the first arc. It holds up a hell of a lot better than watching the equivalent episodes from Pokemon or most kids shows I was into.

I remember not liking the "gag vilains" as a kid but I think I'll enjoy Etemon this time around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next