The last deserted island I visited had smoke monsters and polar bears, not crippling debt and tents

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty01/06/19, 06:27 pm

He feels genuinely threatening as well as being very silly. Good mix.

Yep I'm not going to get to 16-18 this week, so... that's next time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty02/06/19, 06:56 pm

Drunkalilly wrote:

Jay pretty much everything you asked "how did they do that in the dub" or "I bet that was cut" was cut, but the threat of death and the kanji were intact.

I figured as much! This watch-a-long has me interested in watching the Japanese broadcast of Pokémon now. I know about the Porygon/Ash getting threatened with a gun/James grows tits stuff being removed, but seeing what smaller moments were changed would be interesting too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty03/06/19, 09:31 am

16-18 now!  I watched the subbed episodes last night.  

16:

17:

18:

EDIT:

16 dub:

17 dub:

18 dub:

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty12/06/19, 01:48 am

I've totally fallen behind on this with all the E3 hype taking up all my time! I'm assuming we're okay to stay on 16-18 for another week and cycle to the next set on Monday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty12/06/19, 11:09 am

Wow my tastes have changed. I tried watching the first episode of the dub, emphasis on the word tried. I do not rememeber it being this atmospheric killing from yesteryear, the core lived but between all the puns in tense scenes and the dubs inability to let there be silence at times (like ye old Funimation dbz dub) I'm going to have to dig through my boxes to find the tools needed to watch it subbed. Turns out all of that's been misplaced after the move and must be in one of the boxes (please don't be in Wayne's room, cat gets super snitty when I do anything in there besides change his food).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty12/06/19, 08:36 pm

I get what you mean, sadly. I have fond memories of Digimon Adventure from the school bus, but the dub is so much weaker than the sub. It's just night and day. Of course, we're not the kids we were back then.

JayMoyles wrote:
I've totally fallen behind on this with all the E3 hype taking up all my time! I'm assuming we're okay to stay on 16-18 for another week and cycle to the next set on Monday?

I thought that seemed sensible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure 16-18)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6