We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)

Go down 
+5
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 17:27

He feels genuinely threatening as well as being very silly. Good mix.

Yep I'm not going to get to 16-18 this week, so... that's next time!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 17:56

Drunkalilly wrote:

Jay pretty much everything you asked "how did they do that in the dub" or "I bet that was cut" was cut, but the threat of death and the kanji were intact.

I figured as much! This watch-a-long has me interested in watching the Japanese broadcast of Pokémon now. I know about the Porygon/Ash getting threatened with a gun/James grows tits stuff being removed, but seeing what smaller moments were changed would be interesting too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 8:31

16-18 now!  I watched the subbed episodes last night.  

16:

17:

18:

EDIT:

16 dub:

17 dub:

18 dub:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 0:48

I've totally fallen behind on this with all the E3 hype taking up all my time! I'm assuming we're okay to stay on 16-18 for another week and cycle to the next set on Monday?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 10:09

Wow my tastes have changed. I tried watching the first episode of the dub, emphasis on the word tried. I do not rememeber it being this atmospheric killing from yesteryear, the core lived but between all the puns in tense scenes and the dubs inability to let there be silence at times (like ye old Funimation dbz dub) I'm going to have to dig through my boxes to find the tools needed to watch it subbed. Turns out all of that's been misplaced after the move and must be in one of the boxes (please don't be in Wayne's room, cat gets super snitty when I do anything in there besides change his food).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:36

I get what you mean, sadly. I have fond memories of Digimon Adventure from the school bus, but the dub is so much weaker than the sub. It's just night and day. Of course, we're not the kids we were back then.

JayMoyles wrote:
I've totally fallen behind on this with all the E3 hype taking up all my time! I'm assuming we're okay to stay on 16-18 for another week and cycle to the next set on Monday?

I thought that seemed sensible!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2019 - 23:55

Feel free to cycle to the next episodes - I'll do a double bill later this week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 19:35

Pure forgetfulness this time around. Embarrassed Honestly I'm not sure I'll get around to them until next week anyway. Oh well, title changed!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 11:32

Found the device! Hopefully going to get started tonight if Wayne lets me use the laptop without constantly pouncing on me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 20 Jun 2019 - 11:44

I've not watched last weeks due to E3 and I've not really felt like watching, that I reckon I'll be behind for a while then watch like 12 episodes in one go.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2019 - 2:36

I only just saw 16-18, so when I saw the thread title I was worried you'd all got ahead of me again!

16:
17:
18:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 10:07

Exactly the opposite viewpoints from me, what a surprise. Laughing

Athrun888 wrote:
Found the device!  Hopefully going to get started tonight if Wayne lets me use the laptop without constantly pouncing on me.  

It's been at least an age since the last Wayne photo. Athers. Mad We need more updates. Also: your opinions on Digimon, but that's obviously less important.

I've squeezed in 19, I'm not sure I'll do 20-21 this week. Sorry chaps. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 13:40

I just finished 19 and it was a belter - the cliffhanger actually made me excited to move on!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 17:37

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 Tenor

Okay, time for a moment of honesty: Nostalgia has done a lot of the heavy lifting so far. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed what we've watched. It's been a decent example of kids' TV. I don't think I could have sat through the first 18 episodes of the original Pokemon anime in 3 short months. But it hasn't been great, the way I remember it being when I was a kid. The dub jokes have grated more than I remembered, the episodes have been more formulaic and the action hasn't been as thrilling. It's all just been okay, elevated by the fact that I'm spending time with my digital monster friends again after so much time.

Then I saw these three.

19 & 20:

21:

I'm super excited to carry on next time, but also this was a nice point to stop for a breather. One arc has wrapped up, and the future is exciting and enticing but also entirely vague.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 21:03

I've thought that the series was still good, nostalgia aside!  I mean, I'm giving it some allowances for being a children's anime essentially, but I've enjoyed it (in subbed form) more than I thought I would.

That said, you're not wrong that these three are really powerful stuff.  I mostly wrote this before seeing your comments:

Episode 19 (sub):

Episode 20:

Episode 21:

With two of us having made it through this week's allocation, I reckon we're set to continue next week!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 0:33

Ballamon wrote:
I've thought that the series was still good, nostalgia aside!  I mean, I'm giving it some allowances for being a children's anime essentially, but I've enjoyed it (in subbed form) more than I thought I would.
I've been enjoying it, it's good, but only kids TV good. I remembered it being really good, and also I'm a 28-year-old man, I'm sure there are better things I could be doing than sitting and watching Digimon Laughing
Going forward, though, I'm not sure there are . . .

Bobbinsmon wrote:
 Interesting too that Kari's been able to see Digimon since the year dot.  

Ahh, wait and see Winky Face

Speaking of which, if you're watching subbed, it actually kind of made sense to watch Digimon Adventure, the original 30-minute one-off TV movie, before the series. Its probably easily available on the Tubes of You.

Buggermon wrote:
With two of us having made it through this week's allocation, I reckon we're set to continue next week!

You're as desperate to move on after that cliffhanger as I am, eh?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 20:36

Might see if I can track that down then! And yep, I was eager to continue. That said, be warned - the scope is scaled right back down for the rest of episode 22, and it can feel a bit whiplashesque if you're not expecting it. I'll do my full write-up later.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 2:01

Oh, I assumed it would be - that episode was definitely something a bit special and different.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 3:08

22:
23:
24:

Not three particularly special episodes, but at least the show is doing some fun stuff and mixing up different batches of characters. Plus, we're teasing Myotismon so we know some great arcs are coming up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:10

Yep, it's back down to earth with a bump.  CAUTION: BROAD AGREEMENT WITHIN.

Episode 22:

Episode 23:

Episode 24:

What's become of Mr. Moyles? Have you managed to catch up, Jay?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:12

I'm still really behind! Sad

Keep pressing on though - I'm playing catch-up when I get a free evening, although I won't be delivering a full write-up until I'm caught up.

I watched 17-19 a couple of days ago. They were... fine, I guess? I've not enjoyed this arc as much as I'd hoped. The ship episode felt a bit too much like a retread of the haunted mansion episode and I was kinda bored in the Piximon episode. SkullGreymon's episode was good though and delivered some nice character development for Tai realising that he can't just barrel onwards like he does all the time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:36

Don't ever say that Cockatrimon's episode is dull. Cockatrimon is wonderful and hilarious and it's not his fault he can't fly. (Piximon is bobbins in Japanese.)

That said, you're about to get to some really good ones and I'd strongly suggest you press on for at least the next two!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 19:56

Double post, sorry: I'm not sure whether to carry on or not. I'm already ahead, having watched episodes 25-27 (subbed), and Drunka's up to date; but I'm inclined to stay here for one more week to give people the opportunity to catch up. Athers has a long way to go, Jay's a bit behind, and Mas hasn't contributed for a bit.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 2:48

I'm downloading the next three now, but I'm more than happy to wait if anyone wants to catch up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 0:04

Cycle onwards! I've got a long weekend coming up with not much planned, so I'll bash out the remaining episodes and catch up pronto, especially if the next few for me are top notch as you've suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next