Wear a Shield on your Sword to prevent infections and pregnancy.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Kriken
Floppy and Salty
Kriken

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2019 - 21:50

Pleasantly surprised to see a thread like this here. Loved this show as a kid, and then remembered loving it all over again when I watched it again during uni years ago. Will be something I check out again for sure, but I maybe want to get around to watching all of Adventure 02. Been off and on with that one and left it around halfway through I think. Not sure why as I thought it was alright. Some great moments, if not quite as good as the first series. Same with Tamers.

Adventure Tri though... Eh. Didn't really feel like a true follow-up. Think I gave up on it after the first 2 or so parts.

Anyway I like a lot of Adventure 1's episodes, but if I'd have to pick one of my favourites, it's when Izzy loses his curiosity and has to get it back.

Shame the videogames have not been so good from what I've played and heard. I know Digimon World PS1 has a bit of a following and I did get a good bit of enjoyment out of it as a kid, but it's not for me personally and I struggled going back to it. I've heard Cyber Sleuth is alright though so may check that out some time.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2019 - 4:44

I've got some high hopes for Cyber Sleuth and Survival, but historically the Digimon games I've actually enjoyed have been the ones that feel less like legitimate videogames and more like cartoon spin-offs - Digimon Racing on the GBA or the Smash Clone Digimon Rumble on the Gamecube.

And of course the LCD pets and stuff.

I watched the current run of episodes (and one more because i wanted to wrap up the arc). I loved them, seemingly even more than Balla. Gatomon's backstory! Sad Them cliffhangers! Shocked All the Ultimates coming together! Dance TOKYO SMASHING MONSTER CARNAGE! Very Happy These are the episodes that made me fully love Digimon as a kid. Love
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2019 - 20:22

Kriken wrote:
Anyway I like a lot of Adventure 1's episodes, but if I'd have to pick one of my favourites, it's when Izzy loses his curiosity and has to get it back.

Good to have you in the thread Kriken! Feel free to join us on our Adventure 1 watchthrough? As part of which I watched that episode for the first time. Vadermon still haunts my dreams... No I'd like to give Cyber Sleuth a go if it's well received!

And onto the next lot!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2019 - 16:14

I'm caught up to 39. I remember these episodes very clearly from my days watching on CITV as a kid. There was definitely a bit of rushing, and events happening without much build-up, but there was great character stuff and when we got to the Mega Level Digimon battling in Tokyo . . . it's still exactly as dope as I remember it being when I was a kid.

You can tell this was pre-9/11, can't you? Cities being levelled, buildings tumbling, aeroplanes crashing . . . and it isn't really treated any more seriously as protecting a village of little blob things in the Digitial World.

I'd propose a little catch-up break here. This seems like a perfect point to pause between arcs, and I'd like it if we could bring home the first season with more than just two of us watching.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2019 - 20:26

Disagree I'm afraid, I found that all quite bad. Aww! Lots happened, but at the same time it felt like there was lots of padding.  The emotional scenes were too maudlin, the fight scenes not long enough, the Digivolutions as long or short as they needed to be to stretch to runtime, and Gennai's prophecy came out of nowhere and felt both contrived and hurried.  The new Digivolutions were quite bad too, for the most part:

Spoiler:

I did however find the bits with Joe (and his brother who is an excellent character and deserves his own anime medical drama) and Izzy moving, and the hook for the next arc intriguing.  (Given their history, the whole 'stupid Americans' feels a bit awkward coming from Japanese telly.)

Anyway, I'm up for a hiatus.  It'd be good to have other people to watch the final part of the series with us!
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Sep 2019 - 1:41

Here, have you nerds caught up yet?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 19:07

(taps fingers impatiently)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (GNamer's Watching Adventure: Hiatus While People Get to Episode 39!)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8