We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)

Go down 
+5
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2019 - 3:29

As soon as I get better internet, I'm gonna try to find a dub version as well. I have a feeling Shen will find that more palatable as the dialogue has been turning her off so far.

Of course, madman that I am, I'll probably watch both
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2019 - 21:20

...do you mean 'sub version' Drunka? Or does Shen understand enough Japanese to find it irritating?

I'll be watching it subbed if the DVDs let me, but I do wonder if they might not. It won't have quite the same childhood nostalgia effect, but y'all know that I'm not big on nostalgia anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 0:45

I'd be very much surprised if they did give that option - maybe Mas could shed some light on it as he's already got the boxset.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 2:20

Sorry, yeah, I meant sub. Shen speaks better Japanese than me but she's not necessarily fluent enough that she'd choose to watch stuff that way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 11:06

The DVD boxset is English only, has no special features and I started watching a bit of episode 1, do people still watch stuff at this resolution?

Surprised no one yet has done a more up to date set, with language options, special features on a Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 16:37

masofdas wrote:
do people still watch stuff at this resolution?
Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 WeeUnsightlyIguanodon-size_restricted

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 17:55

I actually do watch SD stuff and think it's a mind thing, like I know my grandparents don't have anything that's HD. Yet my mind whilst watching on my TV, I'm not expecting something to look this bad also I know SD looks worse the better the TV gets as it's not intended for it.

Found like going from colour to black and white which I have done.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 18:36

I guess it's all about what you're used to. Also I'm probably less sensitive than most, at a guess.

Lack of subs is annoying but not unexpected.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2019 - 18:43

Least it's like going back 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2019 - 2:47

I make fun of you, but I remember being really annoyed at my dad when he bought a big expensive 4k tv but consistently refused to buy movies and kept watching crap standard def or lower pirated rips. He even got annoyed at me for "wasting money" by buying things on disk!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2019 - 11:21

I think it's a common thing with your Dad, as I've said before about the cheap big 4KTV we sell in work, people buying those are only getting because cheap and big, more than likely watching SD stuff on it. That it is odd to me some thing's have moved on so much since Digimon and some things haven't.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 0:00

masofdas wrote:
also I know SD looks worse the better the TV gets as it's not intended for it.

Yeah, I never used to have a problem with SD until I was watching it on a 4K TV. It's perfectly fine watching on my tablet or laptop, but I wouldn't go near anything SD if I was watching on a 4K TV.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 11:17

It's one of those things even now with Hellblade on Switch, it's amazing port if playing on a handheld due to the smaller size (why the VITA still looks great now due to the resolution and size of the screen) but if played on a TV you see the limitations of the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 14:30

I thought I could come on here and have fun conversations about Bumblebee and Digimon but I've got Athrun being tedious about Star Wars in one thread and Mas being tedious about definitions in the other.

I don't know why I bother
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 14:41

We will when we start watching Digimon though
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2019 - 14:51

Yeah I know I'm just being grumpy cos it's the end of a long week running around after children and I'm sleepy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptySun 14 Apr 2019 - 17:15

I've got my DVDs and I'm ready to go lads!  Unless something horrendous pokes its head up next week.  Which sounds... annoyingly likely to be honest. Sulk

EDIT: ALRIGHT YOU CUMPS. It's time to start with episodes 1-3 of Adventure! I'll likely not get around to them until Friday though. Have at it! And no spoilers past those episodes please.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:02

I think I've found a reasonable place to watch them, so I'll fire up my thoughts on the first three episodes later in the week. I'll be watching subbed, but my knowledge of the original series will be spotty at best so I won't be able to compare the Japanese release to the English dub very well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2019 - 20:22

Could you... er... FB or PM me a link please? I have, as we've assessed, acquired the dub legitimately twice in places! But it'd be nice to watch the subbed ones.

Incidentally I've just watched the first episode, and... it's very of its time. The monster design really holds up, but the description of Mimi and Joe made me cringe, and the voice actor for Sora sounds like it's the low point of her career. Also it suffers from trying to introduce 7 kids in 20-odd minutes.

Motimon is still the hecking best though. And they face more peril in the one episode than Ash did in whole seasons of the anime.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2019 - 4:29

YYYYEEEEEAAAAAH BOIS!

Let's do this! I've watched episodes 1-3 in the dub. I would like to download some subbed episodes as well, for reasons I'll get into. But let's do this!

Digimon Adventure 01: Episode One: And So It Begins:
Digimon Adventure 01: Episode Two: The Birth of Greymon:
Digimon Adventure 01: Episode Three: Garurumon:

Loving it so far! Nostalgia is definitely a factor, but I'm thoroughly enjoying each episode and not getting bored in the way I do when I often rewatch shows from my youth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2019 - 20:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've been forcing Shen to watch these with me. She liked the monsters and found it very funny when one of them suddenly had a million terrifying teeth in its cute mouth.

That is the worst bit.  I loved Tokomon and then they broke him.

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 300px-Tokomon_DA

Love Sad

Incidentally from the one episode I watched of Tamers, I recall them doing the intro rather better.  You only got to get to know the one kid and his monster, meaning you actually got to know them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 1:00

Here we go! I'm watching subbed, so I apologise if I refer to a character by their Japanese name as whilst the names are mostly the same, Izzy is Koshiro (his surname is Izumi, hence Izzy in the dub), TK is Takeru and Matt is Yamato, Joe is, er, Jyou and Tai is Taichi. Just a little primer in case I lapse, but I'll try to use the English names for the most part. And naturally, I will definitely be using the amazing Japanese episode titles which have so much enthusiasm contained within them.

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

That was a breezy hour's watch! I think I'm going to enjoy chatting shit about Digimon with you all. I only really remember the initial episodes focusing on the Digimon reaching their Champion evolution, so I'm looking forward to the later parts of the show.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 3:15

They don't make a big thing about Japan but they don't shy away from it either. The character's full names are the same as the Japanese version with easy western abbreviations.

The swearing thing is a weird one. Swear words are a bit less of a thing in Japan, so the more accurate translation word by word might be pissed or bastard, but that doesn't really translate the original tone.

In the dub, Tai was very clearly joking about stealing Gabumon's pelt. Is that not how it comes across in Japanese?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:28

Just watched the first three episodes and I've not a got lot to add at the moment, just I'm guessing next few episodes will be centred around one pairing then another till we've had them all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:22

JayMoyles wrote:
- My memory of Matt was that he was a lot cooler, and maybe he is in later episodes, but he came across as protective and mature more than anything else.

They push that quite hard in the dub (he even says 'No autographs please'), but maybe it wasn't intended that way and they were just trying to Get Down With The Kids?

In other news, my Tamers DVDs have arrived!

Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)   Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon Are The Champions (Survive might actually be getting a release date!?)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next