If You Can’t Stand The Heat Get Out Of This Indie Direct

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:26

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 Latest?cb=20110929130550

I can think of a bad sequel Devil May Cry 2 but my point was how can you possibly top the greatest game ever made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 23:12

This forum is a safe space away from the misery of DMC2 and I don't want any more chat about that shite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Jun 2019 - 12:32

Jimbob wrote:
Seeing the Smurfview above; I fear you're getting the same area to explore but with a whole new game. I'm actually a bit apprehensive - playing Skyrim soon after Oblivion did feel a bit "the same again but with more snow", but I trust Nintendo to do a good thing. And it looks like Zelda's been given dynamic animation-friendly hair Shocked

I'm not really concerned myself.  The interview doing the rounds, despite being touted as "reusing the same world", was really just Aonuma expressing interest in revisting a setting in a direct sequel.  

Some of Nintendo's most creative games were the ones that reused previous games assets.  On top of that we don't know how they plan to reuse Hyrule, given the Zelda franchises history it could range from anything.  A complete reuse with a truckload of entirely new content to offset the old.  A parallel world that requires use of the old one.  Or we could just be visiting Hyrule briefly in the first few hours (long enough to see the changes the events of the first game have caused) before being plunged into some sort of underworld for the majority of the game.  

One thing's for certain, they've produced enough top tier games over the years that I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe whatever they release will be of the utmost quality, reused assets or no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 4:19

I get what we mean, but it's kind of funny talking about this as the "2nd" game in the series!

Balladeer wrote:
Speaking of, I'm up for doing a reprise of our joint review if you are, Drunka...
'Natch! I'll even be Zelda and let you be Link this time Grin.

JayMoyles wrote:
safe space

Cuck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Yoshi
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 12:56

The game is gonna take place on Wuhu Island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 20:33

I actually think that would be tremendous. A darker take on a world we've never guided Link around, an atmospheric tinkly variant on the Wii Sports theme... and of course the return of motion-controlled swordplay. Very Happy

Athrun888 wrote:
One thing's for certain, they've produced enough top tier games over the years that I'm more than happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe whatever they release will be of the utmost quality, reused assets or no.

Everything else aside, I think we all agree with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Tenderloin Minimise
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 21:13

Treesmurf wrote:
The game is gonna take place on Wuhu Island.

The trailer we just seen was a massive Spaceworld 2000 swerve and the game will come out looking like this:

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 DeM8MZcWsAAELQ0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Yoshi
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 22:47

There's worse things a game can do than take inspiration from Nintendo Land.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2019 - 20:53

Nintendo are looking for BotW2 dungeon designers. This suggests two things: it's extremely unlikely to see the light of day next year, and we're likely to get something approaching 'proper dungeons' this time around.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:38

Yeah, I think that rules out a late 2020 release as I'd boldly hoped for. But, exciting news nonetheless! I think "proper" dungeons were one of the most common complaints for those that didn't enjoy BotW as much as most, so a bigger emphasis on dungeons should make those folks happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:32

I don't think those people will ever be happy. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:34

Yeah I want another retelling of Ocarina of Time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jul 2019 - 21:43

I enjoyed BotW a heck of a lot and would still love proper dungeons in a sequel. I might have said something like that in the OP, indeed! Shifty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'   'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

'The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development.'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2