We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty04/05/20, 09:38 pm

Gents I am very close to going on one of my burbling OTT enthusiasms about Monster Boy.  Only a year and a half late... It's very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty04/05/20, 10:48 pm

DAMN YOU! Start of a new page DAMN YOU!

Hopefully no one misses out on seeing that Huntdown trailer I posted on the previous page. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty05/05/20, 12:41 pm

The_Jaster wrote:

Hopefully no one misses out on seeing that Huntdown trailer I posted on the previous page. Winky Face  

I did miss it, but I went back and watched it. That trailer was great! If this was a movie, I'd for sure be going to see it. The game might be a laugh, but I reckon I'll wait for a sale price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty05/05/20, 08:48 pm

A very odd and maybe only Buska can play as he might be able to read it but a game called Gnosia launched on the eShop in Japan last week.

Why I bring Gnosia up is it got 40/40 from Famitsu when it launched on VITA last year and won indie game of the year along with being called the Japanese Disco Elysium that it has a lot of praise but is only in Japanese.

I hope it gets translated at some point officially
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty05/05/20, 10:46 pm

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I did miss it, but I went back and watched it. That trailer was great! If this was a movie, I'd for sure be going to see it. The game might be a laugh, but I reckon I'll wait for a sale price.

Aye, I'll probably wait on a sale as well considering that Jet Lancer is out on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty09/05/20, 08:02 am

Mas, Im struggling to play Pokemon Green and read pre-school manga in Japanese 😂😂

In other news, earlier this week I finally got around to firing up Akane. I had assumed it was a story-based thing but its actually kind of a really fun, fast-paced score attack thing. Can highly recommend. Especially as its usually super cheap.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty09/05/20, 09:03 am

I also wanted just to bring it to people's attention that if it does come out in English, you heard it here first that be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty09/05/20, 12:23 pm

Mas is really just looking for an excuse to be FIRST like a YouTuber commenter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty12/05/20, 09:07 pm

I really wanted to get that Spirit of the North - it's like Okami but Viking-y. However Nintendo Life say it's shite.
It seems to just be the Switch version though? I'll add it to the other lists. Not sure... backlog anyway
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty12/05/20, 09:17 pm

I know the game you mean, just had a look didn't review much better elsewhere also looks like that First Tree game I played.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty12/05/20, 09:20 pm

Looks like the controls might be a bit clunky on any machine, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty13/05/20, 10:53 am

masofdas wrote:
I know the game you mean, just had a look didn't review much better elsewhere also looks like that First Tree game I played.

Yeah, I got First Tree vibes. I didn't know you'd also played that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty13/05/20, 11:10 am

Yeah I played it for review
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty30/05/20, 11:03 am

I picked up Bug Tales: the Eternal Sapling on the back of strong critical consensus and its similarity to the Paper Mario games. I'm not far in, not at all; but first impressions aren't great. Right now this feels like someone's taken the Paper Mario recipe and sucked (mosquito-like?) all the interesting plot, fun characters, good design etc. etc. out of it. The party members thus far are just... bad, and there have been no notable NPCs to speak of: the generic bug designs aren't quite as bad as the use of generic Mario baddies in later Paper Mario games, but they're not up with the first two either. Of course it's an indie game, but it is obviously going to draw comparisons to Paper Mario (the area exits are lifted straight from TTYD without pretence) and right now it's not looking so hot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty30/05/20, 04:36 pm

I'm shocked another RPG Balla isn't keen on Balladeer

I'm about to start Pokémon Shield again due to the DLC coming and it is one of the games without Cloud Saves, that I'm guessing I will need to get so fat or at least start it to be able to play the DLC.

As I'm fine for actual Pokemon due to Home.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty30/05/20, 05:26 pm

I like good RPGs. They just seem to be in short supply at the moment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty30/05/20, 05:46 pm

Critical consensus (I will be using this term again instead of my trying to turn Meta/Open into an objective opinion over my personal subjective ones) says it's very good one but your write-up has put me off it a tad as I did see the reviews, and I was tempted to get it

I don't know if anyone like Scullion has reviewed it that I also trust or anyone on here has played it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty01/06/20, 08:14 pm

Balladeer wrote:
I like good RPGs.  They just seem to be in short supply at the moment.  

I can't touch another RPG right now as I'll just want to play FFXIV instead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty02/06/20, 07:52 pm

And you're trying to cut down on that, right? Suspect
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty02/06/20, 07:57 pm

I don't know if he's bought it but had EofGiz message me to checkout Bug Fables because it's like Paper Mario
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty06/06/20, 05:59 pm

Lots of things on sale right now. We're tempted to pick up Two Point Hospital but I'm not sure if it would be better on a laptop.

How do you feel about seeing games on 50% or more off which otherwise retail at £49.99 or more on the e-store? Isn't it weird how some games just don't seem to come down too much in price? There are things like Lego Incredibles which are down from 50 quid to 20 at the moment, but whenever I see sales like that I can't help but think that the sale price, or something close to it, is the actual value of the game.

I know that a big part of it is making it look like there's a really good deal on, and that having a huge discount on an e-store might make your sale stand out relative to something else, but there's something about the practice that seems a bit off to me.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty06/06/20, 06:53 pm

Yeah I kinda agree that many of the games in the sale are their regular price, particularly on other systems.

I did pick up Valkyria Chronicles for £7.99 though - was tempted by Mario and Rabbids for eleven quid but I'll pick up the physical as it's usually about £20 (and I can give it to my daughter after - she wants a Switch for Xmas).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty06/06/20, 06:57 pm

gjones wrote:
Yeah I kinda agree that many of the games in the sale are their regular price, particularly on other systems.

I did pick up Valkyria Chronicles for £7.99 though - was tempted by Mario and Rabbids for eleven quid but I'll pick up the physical as it's usually about £20 (and I can give it to my daughter after - she wants a Switch for Xmas).

Best one is the Res Evil games like 4, it's gone from £30 to £15 where on my Xbox One it's gone from £15 to £7.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty06/06/20, 07:59 pm

I was just about to mention the Capcom games like RE and DMC.

Muss wrote:
How do you feel about seeing games on 50% or more off which otherwise retail at £49.99 or more on the e-store? Isn't it weird how some games just don't seem to come down too much in price? There are things like Lego Incredibles which are down from 50 quid to 20 at the moment, but whenever I see sales like that I can't help but think that the sale price, or something close to it, is the actual value of the game.

I get what you mean but I normally just use the sales for getting games I'm interested in but not really busting a gut to play right away, a couple examples I have on my eShop watch list right now are: Wonderful 101 & The Huntdown - I definitely want to play both but I have plenty games just now but I'd likely crack if they go to 40 or 50% off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty08/06/20, 07:19 pm

Same, except where Jas has 2 games I have about six, not counting the seven non-Animal Crossing games in my theoretical frontlog. Shifty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 8 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: