We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's eShopping about? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 18:00

I've been playing on that PS5 which I've not had any framerate issues, though had a few buggy moments.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 EmptyFri 10 May 2024 - 20:16

What's eShopping about? - Page 29 Large

Animal Well is getting some cracking reviews, so that's been my latest buy. Following finishing Paranormasight I'm up for something else a tad creepy, and it sounds like it's more Metroidvania than stealth game as I feared. Apparently it runs well on Switch too. What with that and Little Kitty out today and Lorelei next week, it's a stealth grand month for the eShop.

The only negative: a lot of talk about the YouTuber Dunkey as a result. Rolling Eyes He didn't develop the game, strewth.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 EmptySat 11 May 2024 - 8:39

HUH. I haven't listened to Back Page yet, so my full knowledge of Animal Well is a mention in the shownotes and that screenshot. Colour me intrigued.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 EmptyMon 13 May 2024 - 12:36

Did you pick it up Balla? I tried it for a bit on Friday but I'm not sure I'm going to get on with it. The game it most reminded me of was Fez and that has put me off for now...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 9:46

I can see the Fez comparisons, but I don't think it looks plays or feels like Fez - at least at first. On the surface I always found Fez rather a banal game, you swap the world around once and it's charming but after that it only does maybe two interesting things with the idea? And the platforming doesn't feel that good. Meanwhile its much-lauded depths just seemed to be, 'have fun deciphering these languages repeatedly'.

Animal Well's platforming feels... okay, I'd say, but the Metroidvania inventory gives Blobbo some movement options Fez Lad didn't have and the animals make exploring more interesting than just, here's some more pixel scenery. I've also already played some puzzles that were more interesting than anything Fez had to offer before its later weirder stages. I know you've already said you find it "more frustrating than rewarding" but the rewards here feel greater than Fez at least, not that that's saying much.

I've also picked up Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. That feels like it's going to be a nice puzzler with good vibes trapped behind a character that's a pain to move and a single-button interface that was an asinine decision for a menus-focussed game on modern machines. I'm leaning 7 on Animal Well and lower on Lorelei right now.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: