We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)

Go down 
+11
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
gjones
Muss
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Kriken
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) Empty
PostSubject: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 23:32

Obligatory "not a vote thread, honest" disclaimer. Winky Face

Terrifyingly, we're nearly into a new decade with only a few months to go before we enter the Roaring 20s. Er, again.

With a staggering ten years of games behind us and a plethora of consoles to boot, I reckon it's about time we ruminate on the games of the last ten years and reflect on both the highs and the lows we've experienced in the gaming world too.

This isn't just to chat about the best game of the last ten years but to really get in deep on what our thoughts are on different elements of gaming over the last decade. I'm posing an ongoing discussion thread like the 3DS Chatting Bollocks thread (I know that's not what it's called but I'm too lazy to stop typing and go check) and the Simply the Best thread where I'll position a different question to you lovely lot and we chat about our take on the matter.

I'm not taking notes or tallying up our consensus - Balla can do that Winky Face - but I'm more interested in reading your thoughts on different gaming matters from the last ten years.

So, if you're still struggling to see what I'm on about, let me pose the first question to you...

What was the best console of the 2010s?

Ah, nothing like a console war to kick off a thread, eh? I'm expecting a decidedly pro-Nintendo bias based on our tastes, natch, but maybe there's a maverick amongst us that really fucking loved the OUYA, who knows? I'm going to include the 360/Wii/PS3 era in here too as we still got a couple of years out of those machines at the start of the decade.

Here's a non-comprehensive list of machines to jog your memory:

Wii
3DS
Wii U
Switch

PS3
Vita
PS4

Xbox 360
Xbox One

There's probably others I've missed like the aforementioned OUYA, some VR shite, the Mini Classics if you count those, but those listed are the heavy hitters. Talk to me, friends.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 23:02; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 0:33

The Switch, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 1:27

My heart says Switch or any of the other Nintendo systems but then my brain reminds me of the top notch games I've experienced on ps3/4 over the years. (Dark souls, MH World, R6 siege etc.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 3:12

Switch has Dark Souls and Generations Ultimate, remember Winky Face

I'm not just being Drunka. The Switch has a phenomenal library with so many of my favourite games, and on top of that the actual machine is so nice and fits around any life.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 6:53

All true, I'm still saving DaS on switch for when there is a dry spell in good releases & I do love Gen Ultimate but that probably sits like 4th or 5th on my favourite MH games list.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 15:04

Dam you Jay beating me to it, I was going to talk to Balla about bringing back counting classics and looking at the last decade.

Switch
Anyway, let's start with the Switch as that's the newest of these systems. Well, I'm not the biggest fan of the system, I think the library is good and does have standout titles but a few are ports (Even BotW is a Wii U game) and I'm not taking away how good Witcher III will be on it but going back to some recent chats as much I like my artsy games, I also like big Hollywood blockbusters and I don't get that from playing Witcher III on Switch.  

I like it as a piece of hardware and people can play those sort of games on it, to me it will just come down to the exclusives which there aren't as many as you would think then ones of top quality such as Super Mario Odyssey.  

Wii U
I love the Wii U and I get sort of Dreamcast vibes from it, both have small libraries, most of the games are unique to the system at the time and likely will only get praised years later.

The only real difference between the two is the DC did do some new things and set things going forward with online play and so on.

Wii
I only recently started really looking at the library if games on the system, that I've not got much to say.

3DS
I said what I could in the Top 10 thread from Balla and it has great games on it, I've just not played a lot of them as I'm not a huge handheld guy again going back to Switch why it hasn't really set my world on fire as I play 99.9% docked.

Out of Nintendo, I'd say Wii U is my favourite system.

PS4
My opinion has changed over time on the system as I really do think Sony sat on their laurels but if we look at the 6 years as a whole then the library of games that can only be found on PS4 is phenomenal which some of those are some of my favourites ever.

Then the Dual Shock 4 is easily one of the best controllers ever, the UI is simple to use and a lot to love about the PS4 overall.

PS3
Much like the PS4 but the other way around in my opinion as the launch was crap, sony was being sony and we didn't have a really good game that made the PS3 worth buying till MGS4.

Yet at the end of the systems life the library of games was really good, just a shame the Dual Shock 3/Six Axis is awful and so is the XMB.

VITA
VITA is maybe the best piece of hardware ever and the library if you actually look at it is stupidly good, just high price of the systems and more so the memory cards. Then Sony ignoring it for years has made it a bit of a cult hit and now with the Switch it is getting some credit for things it did first.

On the PlayStation side of things even though I'll look back at the PS4 having some great games the PS3 I just feel in 10 years time will have more games that make it stand out then the PS4 overall, that's why the PS3 is my favourite.

Xbox One
This is MS's PS3 as in then had a great console the gen before, then kicked off the next with hey you'll buy it don't worry. Then again similar had very little to go that's why I need an Xbox One for, of course, I still needed an Xbox One to play that one game.

But now 6 years in and this started a few years ago when Spencer took over, Xbox now has an identity and sure it isn't delivering games like what happened with the PS3 that can only be found on Xbox.

It seems that has been addressed though for Scarlett.

Xbox 360
I may have just said MS had a great console and I mean that in terms of sales, the controller, the dashboard, new things like achievements, summer of arcade and putting a spotlight on indies.

Those were all great things but it comes down to the games and you look at my Gamertag I played a lot of games on 360, that's where I played near all my 3rd party stuff.

Now looking back sure Batman, Red Dead, BioShock were all great but I would have enjoyed on PS3 that the stuff that makes the Xbox 360 much like the Xbox One isn't exclusive games within the library but features.

I'd say Xbox 360 over Xbox One being my fav as 2005-2012 was some great times gaming on the Xbox 360.

If I had to do a rank of all of them then think maybe something like this:

1st PS3
2nd PS4
3rd Wii U
4th VITA
5th Xbox 360
6th Switch
7th 3DS
8th Xbox One
9th Wii
10th OnLive
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 17:10

masofdas wrote:
to me it will just come down to the exclusives which there aren't as many as you would think then ones of top quality such as Super Mario Odyssey.  

Bad take from a bad man.

Super Mario Odyssey: majestic masterpiece of the genre
Smash Ultimate: best smash
Arms: best, most user friendly fighter
Splatoon 2: best online shooter, fun campaign, great community, wonderful world and ip
Fire emblem three houses: majestic masterpiece of the genre
Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations: best incarnation of the classic version of a beloved series
Astral Chain: completely unique and bizarre platinum game
Links Awakening: by all accounts a top game, I've not played it yet

On top of that, you also have ports, Indies and not-quite-exclusives to fill up a roster of exceptional games, all on the nicest, most convenient machine to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 17:22

The convenience of the Switch isn't a thing that I use or care about, I'd buy a Switch Do the console only Switch.

That I can only base it how I've used mine that's plugged into a TV like my PS4, my WiiU, my Dreamcast and what games I'll play on it, which yes you bring up some great games but that's only a few games in my opinion.

If you read my thoughts on the others I don't really take 3rd party, indies etc into account as I've said in the past games are games to me and doesn't matter if I played Sayonara Wild Hearts on Switch, PS4, Apple, PC or whatever my enjoyment would be the same.

That I look at the experiences I can't find anywhere else and what makes a system unique. Why I even likes things like the Virtual Boy and Jaguar.

Edit

Also took into account that of the 10 years PS4 and Xbox One have been on the market for 6 of those years, compared to Switches 3 years which I personally didn't play anything for almost 7 months on Switch, maybe when the console is replaced and has mainline Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Bayo 3 then we can talk about it being one of the best.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 3 Oct 2019 - 19:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 19:45

The Wii had a belting 2010-2012. These were years which I felt solidified the Wii as being one of the best consoles of all time. Indisputable classics in the platforming genre - such as Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Rayman Origins and Kirby's Epic Yarn - were amongst the absolute highlights of my gaming decade, and they were all on Wii. I had brilliant fun with shooters like Red Steel 2 and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, rhythm games like Beat The Beat: Rhythm Paradise, sports games like 2010 FIFA World Cup and NBA Jam, even Sonic was in good form, with Sonic Colours and Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing. There was loads of other class stuff too, like Endless Ocean 2, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Go Vacation, A Shadow's Tale...it's ages ago now, but I really enjoyed the Wii at the beginning of the decade. 

So, to answer JayMoyles's question of "what was the best console of the 2010s?": the Nintendo Switch.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 16:48

Consoles I owned (or still own): Wii, Wii U, Vita, PS4, Xbox 360
Consoles I didn't own: Switch, PS3, Xbox One

I never felt the need to own a PS3, as by the time I had moved on from the 360, many of the games were released on Vita or PS4. I wasn’t a Metal Gear fan and knew that two of the best titles that generation (Bayonetta and Skyrim) had issues running on PS3, but I do like the system itself from what I have played. The slim versions look gorgeous too.

The Xbox One was never an option for me, as Shenmue 3 originally being a PS4 exclusive and then the subsequent lack of support for PES (specifically the option to download licenses) meant it was PS4 all day. Add to that, I’m not the biggest fan of their exclusives (Halo, Gears, Forza) and the only thing I miss from the Xbox ecosystem is the achievements I’d built up on the 360.

As for the Switch, I have flirted with the idea of getting one, but ultimately I don’t think I have the money or time for two current gen systems given how much catching up I have to do on the PS4. I had Breath of the Wild on the Wii-U and didn’t have the best time with it – Odyssey is the one game I feel I’m missing out on.

So, ranking the systems I have owned over the last ten years:

1. PS4

Best feature – the most comprehensive, high-quality library in gaming history. I feel a Top 100 would still be missing out great 9/10-level games. Usurps the PS2 for me, in terms of sheer depth.

Five essential games
I’ve not played enough PS4 yet to justify my current decisions, I need to play more!

Worst feature – the controller battery is terrible. Most of the time I’m playing with it plugged in to the console!

2. 3DS

This system feels underappreciated despite selling really well. Granted, it dwindled towards its latter years with a line-up bolstered by ports and shoddy versions of Wii-U titles (Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker) but the sheer depth of its library cannot be disputed. When you throw in backwards compatibility too? Good Lord.

Five essential games
i. Super Mario 3D Land
ii. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
iii. Fire Emblem: Awakening
iv. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
v. Pullblox/Pushmo

Worst feature – ironically, the 3D function, which was essentially pointless a few years after launch

3. Xbox 360

Best feature - the stream of quality games was high in the years 2010-2014, as demonstrated by just how many of them were ported to PS4/Xbox One.

Five essential games
i. Red Dead Redemption
ii. Skyrim
iii. Bayonetta
iv. Portal 2
v. Grand Theft Auto V (although I’ve not played it!)

Worst feature – this thing was built out of cardboard. Three systems with red rings I had.

4. Wii-U

Best feature – at the time it was the Off-TV functionality, but the ability to play pretty much every great game that’s been on a Nintendo system (except stuff like F-Zero GX that’s locked on the Cube) is insane.

Five essential games
i. Mario Kart 8
ii. Bayonetta 2
iii. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
iv. Rayman Legends
v. Pikmin 3

Worst feature – the release date. Nintendo should have launched this a year later, because the library was wafer thin during 2013 and it never really recovered.

5. Wii

Best feature – the best games were released during this period, as developers had grasped what the Wii was all about instead of shoehorning motion controls into old games. As Cappa stated, the library towards the end of its lifecycle was special, particularly when you throw Xenoblade Chronicles in there (potentially the best RPG of that generation). But, the two and a bit years it had wasn’t quite enough to declare it the best.

Five essential games
i. Super Mario Galaxy 2
ii. Xenoblade Chronicles
iii. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
iv. Virtua Tennis 4
v. Rayman Origins

Worst feature – all the bits and bobs. Sensor bars, Nunchuks, wiimotes, steering wheels, guns, fitness boards, mats; I’m still finding random peripherals down the back of my TV to this day.

6. Vita

Best feature – the system itself. If this was purely based on the craftsmanship and technological prowess, the Vita would top this list. Although the access to PS1 titles was a nice addition too.

Five essential games
i. Tearaway
ii. Gravity Rush
iii. Spelunky
iv. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
v. Muramasa: Rebirth

Worst feature – the memory cards. Obscenely priced and an unnecessary hurdle when you buy the system AND IT DOESN’T COME WITH ONE. Seriously, Sony…
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 17:15

The slim VITA does have 1GB built-in, sure it's not that useful.

Those games you bring up on 360 is one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan now in 2019 (Why I've got no games for my 360 that I picked up that aren't BC then those are on PS3 for the most part), as could play on PS3 or PC and if I owned either of those instead wouldn't have missed those games and not a lot else on it to shout about.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:19

I have a list of my top 25 games ever, which I keep updated because neeeeeerd.gif. The simplest way to work this out seems to be to have a look at that and divide them by platform.

Wii: 5, although one of them was a launch game and 2 are versions of games available elsewhere, made inferior due to waggle.
3DS: 6, although two are remakes and the top rank of any such game is 14.
Wii U: 2, both available on Switch. You could make a case for Twilight Princess HD, but I own that and it never left the box.
Switch: 7 so far, with Okami also available for the first time on Nintendo sans waggle.

Even before factoring in the portability of the Switch, which is going to be a big deal for most people, the library is exceptional considering the length of time it's been out. It's also been my first real dalliance with indie games. I have no doubt it's going to go from strength to strength.

It's not flawless. It is the only machine out of the four that's not backwards compatible, and the only one with a Virtual Console equivalent that doesn't go beyond the SNES era. It also has the fewest lovely little touches, lacking the Wii's Mii focus and quirky Wii Shop, the Wii U's lovely relaxing part-plays-from-the-telly-part-from-the-gamepad settings music, or even the folders of the 3DS.

As a pure games machine, though, it's excellent and, unlike the other three, has potential. Switch all the way. Dance
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 14:08

I don't want to feel like I'm ignoring this, but I can't bring myself to sit and calculate which is my favourite. I had a 360, which at the time had a load of mainstream ground-breaking games on it, and now the Switch and PS4 take that role, without any hardware issues - one of them's convenient and has Marios and Zeldas, and the other one's the epic showcase thing. So any of those three are wonderful.
I know we all met up due to the Wii, but in retrospect the whole control-scheme arsing about has really left a negative memory, and the DS/3DS I always see as a little bit small to be comfortable. The WiiU was a bit of a damp squib, and I got a 2nd-hand PS3 late on so my Mum could play Uncharted - them DualShock 3 sticks are like walking on stilts.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 18:19

Completely forgot that I could theoretically include the PS3 in my list. Laughing I'll defend the Wii's motion controls until the day I can't be bothered to any more, especially with Motion+. My freakish stretchable hands meant that I had no problems with 2D consoles either.

Actually, do we include the DS? When did the 3DS come out?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 18:30

3DS was 2011
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 18:31

Basically no then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:47

Stonkingly great post from gjones there. I 100% agree with the PS4 controller battery life issue. Absolutely woeful and the talk of bolting on new features to the controller for the PS5 doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they'll sort this issue for the next Playstation. Great machine though.

I think the Switch is still too new to factor into a best of the decade list for me. It's been a great start, but there's been a couple of long spells where I've barely touched the machine - 2018 was a sparse period for a good chunk of the year (the dreaded "drought") and I still think it's yet to fully enter its prime.

For that reason, it's between the 3DS and the PS4 in my eyes. The PS4 has a whopper library with some of my favourite games of all time on it. The controller really does let it down though and the lack of backwards compatibility is a pain considering that its biggest direct competitor ended up knocking that side of things out of the park.

I think it's genuinely going to be the 3DS for me. Again, it's got a great library, it's backwards compatible with an even better DS library, the 3D effect worked well in some titles... I've got a lot of time for the 3DS and indeed have put a lot of time into the machine considering my ludicrous playtimes on the likes of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Monster Hunter Generations. I think people will have overlooked it considering the Switch is the new hotness but I feel if you're looking over the course of the full decade, then I can't look past the 3DS for being the best machine.

Anyone else looking to chime in or shall we cycle the conversation to another topic?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 10:11

Mine was also rather detailed and covered all of the systems.

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have a issue with the battery on the Dual Shock 4, like I've just played Concrete Genie to a platinum and a lot of MLB19, maybe a good 15hrs or so.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 11:04

mas wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have a issue with the battery on the Dual Shock 4,

You must have a different controller from everyone else in the world then because if you put it up against an Xbox & Switch pro controller in a battery test it loses every single time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 11:11

Yeah Switch Pro destroys it but Xbox One pad uses AA batteries unless you buy a charger kit. Which I do own, also don't think it's much better maybe 25hrs for what becomes a more expensive controller with it.

That to me the DS4 has the One beat in that regard, the Elite 2.0 even using built-in battery as a selling feature.

Also like I said I think I've just got about 15hrs out of mine, how people talk I would have thought it was 15mins.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 11:42

15 hours out of a DS4? How? Before I swapped to using Nacon controllers on ps4 I felt lucky to get 5 or 6 out of mine and that's with changing the settings to improve it. Also I think even the official statement on battery life from Sony themselves says 4 to 8.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 11:52

Haven't done anything different but I know I played Concrete Genie for about 5hrs on Tuesday, I'd say 4hrs+ of MLB 19 on Monday then ever how much of Genie yesterday (I want to say 2hrs) then whatever today out of it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 11:55

masofdas wrote:
Haven't done anything different but I know I played Concrete Genie for about 5hrs on Tuesday, I'd say 4hrs+ of MLB 19 on Monday then ever how much of Genie yesterday (I want to say 2hrs) then whatever today out of it.

Yeah you must have a different model. Mine last about 6-8 hours, so every other night it needs a charge. I don't understand how it can be so poor when other wireless controllers boast 20-30 hours.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 12:09

All mine are official Dual Shock 4's but I think V2's but still last night going for the platinum in Concrete Genie, still nothing came up about needing to charge the controller.

It's the light that drains it quicker than Switch Pro etc I would think
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 12:56

Yep the light bar and the rumble are the two biggest drains of the battery but like I said previously changing those specific settings got me no where near the 15 hours you've somehow got. Also compared to other consoles that would still be the lowest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)   The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Gaming in the 2010s Discussion Thread (the 2010s-Defining Game currently being discussed)
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next