Nobody Does Being Stranded Among the Dead Better than Luigi

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 19:54

You may have seen the news this week that the next PlayStation will be called PlayStation 5 and will be launching holiday 2020.

This is what we know at the moment on both of the next-gen consoles

PlayStation 5:
Out Holiday 2020
Custom AMD Zen 2 8 Core CPU
Custom AMD GPU supports Ray Tracing and 3D Audio
4K, 120FPS, 8K also supported but I think this will be for Netflix and not games much like the Xbox One S with 4K but who knows
Solid State Drive size unknown
Backwards Compatibility PS4 and PSVR? Some questions around this as Cerny said yes but stuff coming from Japan saying not everything, I'm guessing digital and things like Ducktales which is no longer on PSN won't be on PS5 as it wouldn't be available to download.
Launch Games ???
Price ???
Other features Dual Shock 5 will have haptic feedback triggers

Xbox Scarlett:
Out Holiday 2020
Custom AMD Zen 2 8 Core CPU
Custom AMD GPU supports Ray Tracing and 3D Audio, 3D Audio not confirmed but Xbox One can do it
4K, 120FPS, 8K also supported but I think this will be for Netflix and not games much like the Xbox One S with 4K but who knows
Solid State Drive size unknown
Backwards Compatibility OG Xbox, Xbox 360 that are compatible with Xbox One and Xbox One games including Kinect again not sure about digital but MS have said they want everything an Xbox One can do a Scarlett can do
Launch Games Halo Infinite
Price ???
Other features Game Pass which would include Halo Infinite

Basically, these are even more the same at the moment on paper then the PS4 and Xbox One. Meaning it will likely come down to price, features, friends (maybe less so with cross-play) and games for which one you get
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 20:16

Once they start showing games for them I'll take an interest but right now I'm not that bothered about them.

Also throwing a number on the end of Playstation is the dumbest way to name a new system, it was just barely acceptable for their second console but somehow here we are getting a console named Playstation 5. (the shorthand of ps5 doesn't really roll off the tongue either)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptySat 12 Oct 2019 - 20:24

It is silly when you think about it but we know marketing wise makes sense even seen this from Insane games (my local game shop) on how it's easier for mums etc and they had issues with Xbox One and Wii U.

Jim Ryan's reasoning was it basically shows the PlayStation legacy pretty much and I guess you've got likes of iPhone 11 and Galaxy S10.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 2:19

Around holiday 2020 I'll probably get around to buying my PS4 then. . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 11:35

PS numbering is way better than the hot mess that is xbox console names
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 11:38

That's really not saying a lot. A punch in the taint is better than a kick in the bollocks.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Overton
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 12:02

What can I say, the numbers just make sense. What came after the PS2? The PS3. How many playstation generations have there been? 4. Easy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 14:34

I much prefer how Nintendo goes about it as it's very clear what the machine does by the name alone or like with the wii /U & Switch it has the selling point of the system right there in the name. For me the same goes for films that get sequels, whacking a number on the end is generally much much worse than giving it a subtitle.

Actually this reminds me of a scene in True romance where a director is talking to his assistant about the name to the sequel for a film called 'coming home in a body bag' (a very good name) & the back and forth ends with this:

Quote :

Lee:
What does Joe like?

Elliot:
Um..."Body Bags 2".

Lee:
Oooo, that's imaginative. I've got more taste in my penis.

So, basically the Playstation 5 name is body bags 2.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 15:21

My favourites will always be clever use of numbers in titles.

2 Fast 2 Furious? All timer.
Step up 2 The Streets? Masterful.
F8 of the Furious? I want to print that number 8 out really big and shag the two holes.
Whack a 3D on the end and make the third one 3D? I'll take it.
Look Who's Talking Too? Genius.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2? Doesn't seem that smart but then OMG the music thing, that's great.
Ali³n? Excellent. And a nightmare to write properly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 19:41

So it should be called Play5tation?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 20:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
My favourites will always be clever use of numbers in titles.

2 Fast 2 Furious? All timer.
Step up 2 The Streets? Masterful.
F8 of the Furious? I want to print that number 8 out really big and shag the two holes.
Whack a 3D on the end and make the third one 3D? I'll take it.
Look Who's Talking Too? Genius.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2? Doesn't seem that smart but then OMG the music thing, that's great.
Ali³n? Excellent. And a nightmare to write properly.

Yeah, I don't mind that so much as a lot of those are creative but you can get really bad titles that way as well.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 20:22

Was just going to say that but with the simple name and I know it's only one game shop but we do know how the Wii U name turned out, with people still thinking its an add-on also not sure what else you would call a PS5 as it be a black box, that can't have a name like Switch as doesn't have a selling point like that.

Enough about the names I was thinking after I posted the specs, which one I will get out of the two if both have the same specs and let's say the same price for argument's sake.

Now I was leaning towards the Xbox Scarlett as the Xbox One is now my main system sure I have an X which is the best place to play 3rd party games on a console for the most part (some Japanese ones aren't) and why this month I'm buying Close to the Sun for it and not PS4 then looking at the rest of this month Modern Warfare I'll be playing on it because of game share and both Outer Worlds & Afterparty I'll be playing because of Game Pass.

Those last points even rang true before I had the One S as made sense to sub to Game Pass then buy the games on PS4, that only Close to the Sun I would be buying on PS4 if I didn't have an X.

Now those features will carry on to Scarlett, so I'll still have game share and game pass including Halo Infinite at launch maybe some others like Forza 8. Which is the problem as Halo Infinite is coming to Xbox One, PC and I'd guess XCloud. I'll have the game digitally because of game pass meaning I could play on base Xbox One, One S, One X, Scarlett, PC or my phone.

Sure the best console version of Halo Infinite will be on Scarlett but I doubt the Xbox One X version will be awful. Yes, this is the most consumer-friendly approach and how Spencer has been talking games going forward from Xbox Game Studios will be available on the Xbox platform and devices that support it, that makes me go why do I need a Scarlett.

I just looked at the Xbox One launch line up out of the 23 games, 17 were on Xbox 360 from the likes of EA and Ubisoft with the other 6 being exclusives for Xbox One. If the Scarlett launch is the same, the 17 games from Ubisoft and EA I could get on Xbox One eg FIFA 21 and the 6 exclusives eg Halo Infinite and Forza 8 would also be on Xbox One.

Sure eventually there will be a game from a Ubisoft or EA that is just on Scarlett and PS5 but till then basically, I could get everything on Xbox One and the X version wouldn't be a bad version I'm guessing like 1080p 60fps and not 4k 60fps for the likes of Halo Infinite.

That I've sort of convinced myself that I'm more likely to go PS5 as I will need a PS5 due to it's less consumer approach means I need to have one if I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn 2.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 1:33

Balladeer wrote:
So it should be called Play5tation?

I'd take it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 19:45

Thanks to Ubisoft financials we've got some games coming to these consoles and the current consoles

That's two unnamed AAA games, Watch Dogs Legion, Rainbow Six Quarantine, Gods and Monsters (think this is also coming to Switch)

I think I said already things like Cyberpunk I'm iffy about getting when it comes out April as we see a next gen version 9 months later using ray tracing etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett Coming Holiday 2020
Page 1 of 1