These new Pokemon will (Sir)fetch a good price.
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Things That Really !&$% You Off

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperPaperLink
F-Zero Rookie
SuperPaperLink

Posts : 127
Points : 127
Join date : 2013-02-02
Age : 26

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 21:14

Balladeer wrote:
Working until 2100. Pretty bad experience, all told.

My latest finish time is easily 1 A.M

I love a 9P.M finish Grin
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

Posts : 2839
Points : 2834
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Manneh

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:27

andyman949 wrote:
87 years is a bloody long shift.
Laughing

People that organise things at the same time I'm due to play or watch football, people need to be more considerate of my footballing needs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Posts : 1616
Points : 1694
Join date : 2013-01-18

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:31

People turning up to a scheduled event late. Far more annoying if they are friends.

Don't mind if they give me good notice that they will be late, though, but when they don't it can be disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Ice Climber
shanks

Posts : 2824
Points : 2847
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 34
Location : Down Under then Under that

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:34

My shifts usually of a weekend consist of starting at 1100 and finishing at 2300, I lose the whole day, that get's me sometimes.

Also being stuck in a car park for an hour with no reason isn't helpful either
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 8:13

Feeling much better about that one shift now. Thanks chaps! Grin

sporkhead wrote:
People turning up to a scheduled event late. Far more annoying if they are friends.

Don't mind if they give me good notice that they will be late, though, but when they don't it can be disrespectful.

It only gets worse once people get older and have jobs.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
nupkin
F-Zero Rookie
nupkin

Posts : 136
Points : 136
Join date : 2013-03-25
Location : London

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 11:56

With you people on the tardiness thing.

Other annoying things? Okay hope I don't offend anyone on here that does this or knows and likes someone who does, but people who "tighten" their vowels. For example they pronounce "coke" as "cake", or "choose" as "cheese, or "going" as "gaying". This really grates on me, the reason being that such I associate this linguistic quirk with the sort of gap yaaaah pseuds who boast about how they, "like LICH'rally", built a school in Ghaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaaa! DAMN YOU!

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with charity and I would encourage it, but the whole point about it is you "secretly do good deeds". When people ram it down your throat, you kind of get the feeling that they did it to make themselves look good, or as such people would say, "guuuuuuuuuid" rather than fulfilling a genuine desire to help others who are less fortunate.

Anyway that's the rant part of my post over. Other things that get on my nerves:

Obviously poor spelling and grammar. I'm sorry but there are people I work with from India who have a far better grasp of the English language than people born here, there is simply no excuse.

People who don't take pills out of blister packets in a methodical orderly fashion.

High heeled shoes (I don't understand how other "normal" girls do it) and generally people who think they need "fashionable" items to look good. Some of us don't. Dance

The whole obsession people have with being a homeowner and discussions thereof.

Cold savoury food. No

Sandwiches whether hot or cold - this includes wraps, falafels, ciabattas, burgers, basically anything which involves savoury matter between two slabs of carb substance or wrapped in a carb substance, which you eat with your hands.

Cheese - even though one of my favourite meals is macaroni cheese. So yeah. Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Posts : 1616
Points : 1694
Join date : 2013-01-18

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 13:20

Balladeer wrote:
Feeling much better about that one shift now. Thanks chaps! Grin

sporkhead wrote:
People turning up to a scheduled event late. Far more annoying if they are friends.

Don't mind if they give me good notice that they will be late, though, but when they don't it can be disrespectful.

It only gets worse once people get older and have jobs.

I find that's more forgiveable since there's a valid reason for being late, it's when said person is blatantly free (say, during a weekend) and they are late out of laziness or a lack of effort.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

Posts : 10173
Points : 10263
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 16:55

Folk that don't like sports because they were never good at any when growing up, yet they somehow like Video games? They are essentially the same thing.

So, Aye get a better reason to dislike something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 17:50

I've got a better reason to dislike sports: they're booooooring.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Ice Climber
shanks

Posts : 2824
Points : 2847
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 34
Location : Down Under then Under that

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 21:16

Boring Sports!! Like cricket, Golf, Tennis for example
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Shiny Shuckle
NintenDUCK

Posts : 938
Points : 957
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : The floor.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 11:25

Or any variety of football, rugby and all other ball related games. (except pinball)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Admin

Posts : 3439
Points : 3000
Join date : 2008-08-19
Age : 6

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 11:43

Balladeer wrote:
I've got a better reason to dislike sports: they're booooooring.

This.

I don't mind watching the boat race, though.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Writing and arithmetic

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 14:22

The homogeny of British sport and everything that comes out of that.

Sometimes it feels like the only sport is football- some other stuff might sneak into the mainstream, but it's very clearly tokenistic and only there to fill the space while they wait for some more football.

In that, you get a lot of fallout- people getting all moral outrage because there's no premiership matches on terrestrial television, acting like Sky are somehow "holding the national game to ransom" by daring to charge people for a product when realistically the Premiership is really just the day-to-day and its place is in specialist outlets. The World Cup and the lion's share of both the FA Cup and the Champions League are on terrestrial, which is significantly more airtime on generalist channels than this one, single sport deserves.

It'd be like us demanding that every videogame that gets released- from AAA multiformat blockbusters to whatever soft-porn slide puzzle some fourteen-year-old shat onto the App Store last night- gets reviewed in prime time on BBC One. I think most of us here would agree that games should be better represented in the mainstream, but to expect that is obviously absurd. Football's stranglehold over sport seems to take that perspective away from people.

Shortly after the Olympics, there was a lot of noise as people bought up the quite legitimate point that women's sport is quite under-repesented in British media, especially considering the blinder Team GB's women played last summer. A hair over half a year on, that's been reduced to tubthumping about women's football. Considering that the bulk of the women's medals were in track and field, cycling, rowing and martial arts, this seems slightly counterproductive.

To an extent, I think it ties in to much of what's been said above- when people say they don't like 'sport', really they just mean they don't like 'football'. Years of not enjoying PE in school because it was football all the time, being excluded from conversations because they didn't See That Ludicrous Display Last Night, and never really seeing any other game be played well and be something worth appreciating has caused the two to become confused.

If you want to complain about an obese, sedentary population, then really you need to look at the country's obsession with football more than you do anything else.

Anyway, yes- rant over.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 14:33

I don't enjoy watching other sports, but that aside: yes. Most, if not all, of that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
nupkin
F-Zero Rookie
nupkin

Posts : 136
Points : 136
Join date : 2013-03-25
Location : London

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 19:18

Beemoh, we don't know if you're Scottish, but Balla and I just took turns reading your FUBAW rant out loud in a laconic Scottish accent. Brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Cooltrainer
Dusty Knackers

Posts : 792
Points : 813
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 34
Location : West Midlands

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 3:34

beemoh wrote:
The homogeny of British sport and everything that comes out of that.

Sometimes it feels like the only sport is football- some other stuff might sneak into the mainstream, but it's very clearly tokenistic and only there to fill the space while they wait for some more football.

In that, you get a lot of fallout- people getting all moral outrage because there's no premiership matches on terrestrial television, acting like Sky are somehow "holding the national game to ransom" by daring to charge people for a product when realistically the Premiership is really just the day-to-day and its place is in specialist outlets. The World Cup and the lion's share of both the FA Cup and the Champions League are on terrestrial, which is significantly more airtime on generalist channels than this one, single sport deserves.

It'd be like us demanding that every videogame that gets released- from AAA multiformat blockbusters to whatever soft-porn slide puzzle some fourteen-year-old shat onto the App Store last night- gets reviewed in prime time on BBC One. I think most of us here would agree that games should be better represented in the mainstream, but to expect that is obviously absurd. Football's stranglehold over sport seems to take that perspective away from people.

Shortly after the Olympics, there was a lot of noise as people bought up the quite legitimate point that women's sport is quite under-repesented in British media, especially considering the blinder Team GB's women played last summer. A hair over half a year on, that's been reduced to tubthumping about women's football. Considering that the bulk of the women's medals were in track and field, cycling, rowing and martial arts, this seems slightly counterproductive.

To an extent, I think it ties in to much of what's been said above- when people say they don't like 'sport', really they just mean they don't like 'football'. Years of not enjoying PE in school because it was football all the time, being excluded from conversations because they didn't See That Ludicrous Display Last Night, and never really seeing any other game be played well and be something worth appreciating has caused the two to become confused.

If you want to complain about an obese, sedentary population, then really you need to look at the country's obsession with football more than you do anything else.

Anyway, yes- rant over.

People who type long posts on forums... Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling


Posts : 2007
Points : 2050
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Writing and arithmetic

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 13:33

Dusty Knackers wrote:
beemoh wrote:
The homogeny of British sport and everything that comes out of that.

Sometimes it feels like the only sport is football- some other stuff might sneak into the mainstream, but it's very clearly tokenistic and only there to fill the space while they wait for some more football.

In that, you get a lot of fallout- people getting all moral outrage because there's no premiership matches on terrestrial television, acting like Sky are somehow "holding the national game to ransom" by daring to charge people for a product when realistically the Premiership is really just the day-to-day and its place is in specialist outlets. The World Cup and the lion's share of both the FA Cup and the Champions League are on terrestrial, which is significantly more airtime on generalist channels than this one, single sport deserves.

It'd be like us demanding that every videogame that gets released- from AAA multiformat blockbusters to whatever soft-porn slide puzzle some fourteen-year-old shat onto the App Store last night- gets reviewed in prime time on BBC One. I think most of us here would agree that games should be better represented in the mainstream, but to expect that is obviously absurd. Football's stranglehold over sport seems to take that perspective away from people.

Shortly after the Olympics, there was a lot of noise as people bought up the quite legitimate point that women's sport is quite under-repesented in British media, especially considering the blinder Team GB's women played last summer. A hair over half a year on, that's been reduced to tubthumping about women's football. Considering that the bulk of the women's medals were in track and field, cycling, rowing and martial arts, this seems slightly counterproductive.

To an extent, I think it ties in to much of what's been said above- when people say they don't like 'sport', really they just mean they don't like 'football'. Years of not enjoying PE in school because it was football all the time, being excluded from conversations because they didn't See That Ludicrous Display Last Night, and never really seeing any other game be played well and be something worth appreciating has caused the two to become confused.

If you want to complain about an obese, sedentary population, then really you need to look at the country's obsession with football more than you do anything else.

Anyway, yes- rant over.

People who type long posts on forums... Nah nah!

tl;dr: football is poo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

Posts : 10173
Points : 10263
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:22

People that think football is poo (Though you do bring up a good point about how some folk are overly obsessed with it)

Nupkin: *nitpicking mode activated* I'm Scottish & it'd be written like fitbaw not Fubaw *nitpicking mode deactivated*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:51

That's my laddish pronunciation, not Scottish. Technically it should be FUBAAAAAAWWWWWWW.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
nupkin
F-Zero Rookie
nupkin

Posts : 136
Points : 136
Join date : 2013-03-25
Location : London

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:44

The_Jaster wrote:
Nupkin: *nitpicking mode activated* I'm Scottish & it'd be written like fitbaw not Fubaw *nitpicking mode deactivated*

I'm Scottish too, awright? Tongue

"Fitbaugh" is how they say it in auld Dalkeith, but lucky for me I have since left that hole and live in London near Arsenal stadium, where "Fubaw" is all the rage.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 22:49

It's still a hole though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

Posts : 10173
Points : 10263
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 1:36

nupkin wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Nupkin: *nitpicking mode activated* I'm Scottish & it'd be written like fitbaw not Fubaw *nitpicking mode deactivated*

I'm Scottish too, awright? Tongue

"Fitbaugh" is how they say it in auld Dalkeith, but lucky for me I have since left that hole and live in London near Arsenal stadium, where "Fubaw" is all the rage.

ahhh now I get ye. [side note: another Scot to add to site we are taking over] *mumbles* stupid English admins telling me to lose weight
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Posts : 20888
Points : 19844
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 30
Location : Admintown

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 8:03

This effing weather! I want my proper spring, god damnit.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

Posts : 13908
Points : 13241
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 26
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 11:04

It's sunny up in Edinburgh. +1 for Scotland!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Ice Climber
shanks

Posts : 2824
Points : 2847
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 34
Location : Down Under then Under that

Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2013 - 13:14

I want my autumn I want my cold not more damn heat Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$% You Off   Things That Really !&$% You Off - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Things That Really !&$% You Off
Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rare Points
» To Request a Gift on your Friend's Wall: 
» Orions Magical Wokshop ITEM LIST
» Flying Monkeys Vanished?
» Bashing 'flying' characters; Banish your 'own' or on someone else's Manor?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: