Tom Nook's Crafted World

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Evercade the new retro handheld

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

Evercade the new retro handheld Empty
PostSubject: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 11:18

Evercade the new retro handheld Z

Hi everyone, you may have seen the Evercade pop somewhere before now but I thought it might be worth having a thread for as it looks like it's sort of the next step of the Classic or Mini console.

As it's a brand new handheld coming out in May this year from Blaze who made those okay licenced Mega Drive handheld things and this is sort of that but with actual game cartridges which have various games on which are all officially licenced.

I saw it first on a Metal Jesus Rocks video as he got one of the press review units (Chris Scullion is looking into doing stuff on the Evercade, seems it be after it comes out) where it's point outed with the games coming in clamshells with manuals and the thing collectors want but at a sensible price which these seem to be at £14.99 each cartridge.

These are the ten cartridges out in May at launch with the handheld

Atari Collection 1: Centipede (2600), Missile Command (2600), Alien Brigade (7800), Adventure (2600), Ninja Golf (7800), Food Fight (7800), Motor Psycho (7800), Crystal Castles (2600), Desert Falcon (2600), Tempest (2600), Asteroids (2600), Canyon Bomber (2600), Gravitar (2600), Double Dunk (2600), Steeplechase (2600), Video Pinball (2600), Night Driver (2600), Aquaventure (2600), Swordquest Earthworld (2600), Yars Return (2600)

Atari Collection 2: Asteroids (7800), Yars' Revenge (2600), Millipede (2600), Basketbrawl (7800), Centipede (7800), Solaris (2600), Sprintmaster (2600), Submarine Commander (2600), Haunted House (2600), Planet Smashers (7800), Bowling (2600), Desert Falcon (7800), Radar Lock (2600), Human Canonball (2600), Street Racer (2600), Air Sea Battle (2600), Realsports Tennis (2600), Dark Chambers (2600), Wizard (2600), Demons to Diamonds (2600)

Data East Collection 1: Burger Time, Fighter's History, Midnight Resistance, Burnin’ Rubber, Karate Champ, Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the tropics, Side Pocket, Magical Drop 2. Two Crude Dudes, Bad Dudes

Interplay Collection 1: Earthworm Jim, Clayfighter, Boogerman, BattleChess, Incantation, Titan

Interplay Collection 2: Earthworm Jim 2, Clayfighter 2, The Adventures of Rad Gravity, Claymates, Prehistoric Man, The Brainies, Super Castles

Mega Cat Studios Collection 1: Multidude, Super Painter, Coffee Crisis, Little Medusa, Tänzer, Old Towers, Creepy Brawlers, Almost Hero, Log Jammers, Justice Duel

Namco Collection 1: Pac Man, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Xevious, Star Luster, Libble Rabble, Mappy, Battle Cars, Metal Marines, Quad Challenge, Mappy Kids

Namco Collection 2: Galaga, Pac-Attack, Tower of Druaga, Phelios, Dragon Spirit, Dig Dug 2, Burning Force, Weapon Lord, Warp Man, Splatterhouse 2, Splatterhouse 3

Piko Interactive Collection 1: Brave Battle Saga, Water Margin, Magic Girl, Dorke and Ymp, Switchblade, Way of the Exploding Fist, NightShade, Top Racer, Tinhead, Radical Rex, Jim Power – The Lost Dimension, 8-Eyes, The Immortal, Dragon View, Drakkhen, Power Punch II, Power Piggs of the Dark Ages, Iron Commando, The Humans, Canon – Legends of the New Gods

Technōs Collection 1: Double Dragon, Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Crash ‘N’ The Boys: Street Challenge, River City Ransom, Super Dodge Ball, Super Spike V’ball, Super Double Dragon, Renegade

Then sometime in 2020, these are coming out

Atari Lynx Collection 1: Scrapyard Dog, Basketbrawl, Missile Command, Awesome Golf, Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure, CyberVirus, Dracula the Undead, Gordo 106, Ishido: The Way of Stones, Jimmy Connors Tennis, Loopz, Malibu Bikini Volleyball, MegaPak, Power Factor, Remnant, Super Sqweek, Xump

Xeno Crisis & Tanglewood Dual Game Cartridge

Now some of these games are too retro for me especially the 2600 games but a few of the collections have games I'd like to play be it Earthworm Jim, Crash n the Boys, Midnight Resistance, all the Lynx games and can find odd thing even from 2600 like Tempest that I would play.  

Also, like it's not just retro games but retro-likes as the Mega Cats Collection has Coffee Crisis on it which is coming out in March on PS4 and Switch physical for £30-35 on its own.

ohh I'd also add that it can plug into a TV just with a cable like a SEGA Nomad or a PSP. That it sounds and looks good my only real issue is the price of the handheld which is £60, now it does have a few bundles and ones £115 but you get every game which means it's £1 per game which isn't expensive especially compared to the PC Engine Mini I'll be getting.

That even it flops after all these games it wouldn't have cost much but that it the off-putting thing as well, that it might just be these 12 carts then again if successful could we see a Master System Collection cart??

What do you guys think? I feel this isn't for Balla but more the Jim, Cappa or gJones but you never know.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Maddrell
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyFri 28 Feb 2020 - 11:33

It's quite tempting actually - any previews out there on build quality and of gameplay quality? Good screen/sound or no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptySun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:34

I've been quite interested in this for a while, tracking it's development progress over on Evercade's Twitter page for a good six months now. I love the idea of having physical retro collections stuffed full of games that don't commonly crop up everywhere else - I could definitely see myself buying most of those cartridges that are listed up above, especially at fifteen quid each. 

That said, I'm a certain type of gamer with certain types of taste, and I can't imagine that there'll be many folk getting diamond hard at the thought of Mappy Kids and Fighter's History. These are quite cheap licenses for good reasons. Also, despite the videos from the likes of Metal Jesus Rocks, there's still lots to learn about the Evercade, such as more detailed specs, and the emulator being used. Nobody's saying much about the manky-looking D-Pad either. 

I'm not sure about this. Truthfully, I think it'll bomb: I don't think there's much of a market for this thing, and I don't think this'll create that market either. I'd like it to do well though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 10:29

Here's the video from MJR for you OR a few others have popped up but does seem to be very little in the way of review units about, that maybe got to ask why? It might just be Blaze is a small company and just can't put many out for free

I'm with ya Cappa, I want it to do well as maybe could get an N64 Mini with lots of different carts that be neat but overall I feel it won't do well because how many retro collectors this is aimed at wanting these games on a new system. I'm not bothered about the specs per se but do hope especially that it has 16-Bit games now on it that it runs well.

Still for the money might worth taking a punt and even the collection's such as the Data East Collection 1 that has someone games I don't care about I would still play about 5 of them: Burger Time, Fighter's History, Midnight Resistance, Burnin’ Rubber, Karate Champ, Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the tropics, Side Pocket, Magical Drop 2, Two Crude Dudes, Bad Dudes

Maybe thinking about this could become ironically a collector's item if it flops look at the R-Zone.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Bargain Hunter
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:29

I'm sort of interested to see how many of these they'll make. I seen that Funstock were partnering with Evercade to make a limited edition Premium console, with three thousand being made. They're sold out, but I'm not thinking that they'll sell thousands more of the Standard edition than that. 

The PC Engine Mini, I think that's the one that'll become rare and collectable - it's a niche console, for collectors, marketed in a country where it didn't originally come out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 20:01

We did get a verison of the TG-16 here and virgin sold a verison of the PC Engine well but not a lot of people would have known and if you did, surely you'd import.

That I think you're right those mini's will become rare as half the games are in Japanese, only sold via Amazon and tad expensive.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Vote Thread
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld EmptyMon 2 Mar 2020 - 21:18

I've not much interest in this, but I would love to see one of these with Amiga games. That feels like a popular system in the UK that is largely forgotten. Sensible Soccer on the go? YES PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld Empty

Back to top Go down

Evercade the new retro handheld
Page 1 of 1