Forumotion should be paying us an additional Expansion Pack fee to access The Cappuccino Kid Online.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Evercade the new retro handheld

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 15:10

It's a nice wee thing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 15:29

Seen the new arcade series coming, really like the arcade games packaging and the VS is sort tempting that I might use more than plugging a handheld into a TV like a PSP.

However that's £90 towards a PS5, two or three Switch games, anything else.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 18:57

...meaning that this year's releases are looking like this:
Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 E1qJx9TXsAUU7oN?format=jpg&name=small

While there's plenty of good games Technos, Atari and Data East cartridges, they're mostly all very familiar to retro gamers - especially if you've got Antstream. Gaelco is the only collection that's presenting anything truly different - I'd honestly never heard of any of those games. Mind you, Evercade have shown that they've got an incredible knack for licensing some utter keech. No joke, that Piko Interactive 2 collection has three of the very worst games I've ever played on it. By that logic, maybe there's good reason why I don't know about these Gaelco games. 

I'm happy to read that the arcade cartridges are £14.99 as well, meaning that they're cheap enough that I'll be happy to pick them up. I'm not sure about the VS. console though. I've never been tempted to hook up my Evercade handheld to my TV via HDMI, it's strictly a portable for me. 

£90 doesn't seem too bad if it's coming with two of these four arcade collections, but you're right, that's money that can go on something else. Personally, I might use it towards a Playdate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evercade the new retro handheld   Evercade the new retro handheld - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evercade the new retro handheld
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3