We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)

Go down 
+12
Rum
Kriken
Buskalilly
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
shanks
The_Jaster
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) Empty
PostSubject: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:35

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.giantbomb.com%2Fuploads%2Foriginal%2F18%2F181336%2F2482291-sm6403

(I'll replace this with an image of the remaster when that happens!)  (Apparently the remaster won't really look any different so I probably won't after all.)

'As part of its anniversary celebrations, Nintendo will reveal plans to re-release most of Super Mario’s 35-year back catalogue this year, remastered for Nintendo Switch, VGC was told.'  Various sources have confirmed that we're getting SM64, Sunshine (OR this means you), Galaxy, and 3D World.  (VGC also reports a new Paper Mario in the works, which'll presumably get its own thread so as not to bother Cappa with all that RPGing.)

Regarding stuff I'll actually buy, I think a remastered 64 is a dead cert because it's aged like the eggs most people are apparently panic-buying will.  Sunshine's a very likely buy too, so long as it feels like some work's gone in and it's not just HD-ed up.  Galaxy's more likely to depend on my gaming position at that point.  Mas pointed out that this could be all released as a collection, in which case I'm right up for that.

That's not 'most of Super Mario's 35-year back catalogue', though.  What else would you like to see come to Switch in portable HD?

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 3 Sep 2020 - 19:41; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:51

Hotel Mario, natch.

Nah, on a serious note, I'd be well up for Sunshine, Galaxy and Galaxy 2. A lick of paint is all those games really need! I'd need a bit more modernisation to be done with SM64 to get me to dive into that one. I'd like to see The Thousand Year Door ported across, if we're stepping outside the boundaries of the mainline series. That's one that I'm gutted to have missed out on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 19:09

I've read the VGC news which Eurogamer went and 1-Up'ed which they do bring up the NES and SNES games will be on the online app. That doesn't give us the GameBoy stuff though

On what looks like the four games coming and a new Paper Mario, I'm interested in them all just be interesting how they come out. As I think you make World a £40 game like most of the WiiU to Switch games but can you do that with SM64 depending on what's done to it? We've seen this week the reaction to Panzer Dragoon Remake.

That I'm basically waiting to see how, what's done, how much etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 22:28

I think you could feasibly elevate SM64 to a £40 game, but it'd have to be Link's Awakening levels of remade, not just smoothing off the edges.

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd like to see The Thousand Year Door ported across, if we're stepping outside the boundaries of the mainline series. That's one that I'm gutted to have missed out on.

That Mario RPG announcement makes me dead nervous...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 22:32

Remastering four 3D Mario games and then releasing them in the next nine months seems unbelievable. Adding a brand-new Paper Mario to that just doesn't seem plausible. There's got to be some sort of catch.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 23:30

I reckon we will get Super Mario Sunshine HD, but if they released Mario 64 then it would need to be like Link's Awakening, as Balla says. That would be an incredible feat, although the levels were relatively empty and I guess they already built the castle in Odyssey. Genuinely the most interesting "announcement" as it's a hugely important game that would do gangbusters in the run-up to Christmas. They wouldn't want to half-arse it.

To put "most" of Mario's games on Switch in the next 9 months means we are more likely to get collections.

Mario's "Party like it's 1999" Pak
-Mario Kart 64
-Super Smash Bros
-Mario Party 1-3
-Mario Golf
-Mario Tennis

Mario's "Purple Handbag of Tricks" Pak
-Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Mario Party 4-6
-Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
-Mario Power Tennis

Mario's New Play Control Pay-per-Mario Paper Mario Book o' Shite
-Paper Mario
-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
-Super Paper Mario

Mario's Lost Arc: The Heroin Years
-Boom Street
-NBA Street V3
-SSX On Tour
-That bit in Twin Snakes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyTue 31 Mar 2020 - 4:47

Yeah I'm with cappa on this one, unless they've been secretly working on these for the past 3 to 5 years (which would put it pre-switch) then these will likely only be HD upscale jobs rather than full remasters.

Balla wrote:
What else would you like to see come to Switch in portable HD?

4 simple little words:

Mario Strikers charged football.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 8:05

Think you mean:

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

But the HD upscale of Galaxy,sunshine and 64 if be true would make me a happy man
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 9:02

Aye Mario Golf TT would be great too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 9:28

Considering this whole page is based on rumors and leaks, why I've seen is that the games will be like this

Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy will be bundled together which makes me think 64 is just a bit of remaster with a updated resolution
Super Mario 3D World Deluxe which is the WiiU game but will have new levels and content
Paper Mario is going back to its roots
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 11:21

The year of mario, in this, the year of luigi?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 13:38

I’d be first in line for that Heroin Years compilation.

An HD upscaling of Galaxy would do the trick for me. I don’t even think that Super Mario 64 needs a lot of work done to it. For beefiness, maybe they’d remaster the 2005 DS remake instead? (not that I’d really want that, wasn’t that fond of what they added). I’d like to see more work done on Sunshine though. I remember Shigeru Miyamoto admitting it was rushed, and I felt you could see that in the final product.

I’d be buying all these anyway, whether they were £40 a pop or all bundled together. They’re all brilliant, brilliant games. I’d had a quick look at the Top 25 I posted on the old ‘Your Actual Top 10/25/50/100’ thread, and seen that I’d plonked 64 and Galaxy at fourth and fifth. Richly deserved!

I’d double-dip for Super Mario 3D World too, it’s massively good fun. I’d likely enjoy it more on hardware that I actually like using. The difference in my feelings about New Super Mario Bros. U on Wii U and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on Switch surprise me, and it’s all because the Switch is nicer to look at, hold and use than the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 19:27

gjones wrote:
Mario's Lost Arc: The Heroin Years

Laughing

shanks wrote:
Think you mean:

Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

Yes. Although I do need to kill everybody's fun and point out that it's the whole of 'Super Mario's history' that's being rejigged, not Mario's. That probably means just the platformers. The alternative would be truly mad!

I do think that SM64 needs more than just a lick of paint in this day and age. Mostly it needs a better camera and the spacing of the levels tightened up, but I wouldn't say no to some new content too - although most of SM64DS' new content wasn't great, the new bosses were much appreciated.

I would not double-dip for SM3DW.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 9:56

Yeah I would probably only get 3d world if desperate
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 16:19

I think I'd honestly buy all of those 3D Marios again if offered. And maybe Mario's Early Years.

Worst case scenario, we'll get Mario All Stars, repackaged again like it was on the Wii. Don't get me wrong, those games are ace, but the Wii collection felt a bit... dishonest.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:01

Did 3D World have online co-op or was it local only?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 10:45

Just local I think. But that's the power of the remaster - think of the excitement!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 11:08

Yeah, lot's can be done with SM3DW and if it's being sold for full price on its own then online multiplayer would be a great addition.

On Mario lot's of this year's partnerships have started to happen or get announced as you can now order the Levi's X Mario stuff but shipping has been delayed outside of Japan I believe, Uniqlo have t-shirts now for £13 each and then the big one the LEGO

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) Bowsers-castle-boss-battle-expansion-set.original

Which launches in August, seems you need the starter course which looks to be $59 to use the other course functions but I do like the look of the castle even if it's $99.

Seems a lot of the Mario stuff is starting to roll out

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 19:14

SM3DW getting online multiplayer would be perfect, as it would be improving a game I don't care for by putting in an addition I don't care for.

That castle set is a cutie. Love What's up with that living room, though? They've got white paint all over their pot plant and shelves. This is why you get the professionals in...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyWed 8 Apr 2020 - 0:47

I love me some Mario so I'm bang up for all of it.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
The year of mario, in this, the year of luigi?!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptyThu 16 Jul 2020 - 12:01

These must being announced soon surely as Paper Mario which was part of the rumour is out tomorrow, you've got all the LEGO stuff soon and then this was announced

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) Mario-monopoly.original

along with a Jenga, that seems everything but the games are coming
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 15:35

I hope the jail square on the Mario Monopoly board is Mario and FLUDD stuck in Pianta jail in Super Mario Sunshine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 15:36

It's not you can see in the picture
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 15:43

DON'T CALLOUSLY CRUSH MY DREAMS MAS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) EmptySat 18 Jul 2020 - 16:11

That really is a missed opportunity so they should really scrap it and start over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next