We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)

Go down 
+12
Rum
Kriken
Buskalilly
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
shanks
The_Jaster
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2020 - 6:45

They never change the jail square on monopoly. We had a Star Trek when I was younger and I was sure it would be the brig. Nope.

Also Monopoly is a crap game that was made as a satire but nobody got the joke.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 14:38

masofdas wrote:
Considering this whole page is based on rumors and leaks, why I've seen is that the games will be like this

Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy will be bundled together which makes me think 64 is just a bit of remaster with a updated resolution
Super Mario 3D World Deluxe which is the WiiU game but will have new levels and content
Paper Mario is going back to its roots

Pretty much bang on part from Paper Mario
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 15:01

Aaaaaaaagghhh

Yyayasssss i love mario LADS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 16:38

Absolutely unreal that 3D All stars is out two weeks from tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 16:46

I am very excited about the new Mario games. I went on twitter to share my excitement and its just cunts moaningabout the "limited release" of *checks notes* six months. The details of which none of them know.

I am tired of this planet and its people. Time for another break from twitter I think.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 17:00

There might be something behind the 6 months thing but how many of physical verison will be picked up by scalpers etc

That's only reason I'm now considering getting just in case I can't, as I've seen games I missed in the past go for more money etc
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 17:34

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 _59293322_mccoist

Pre-ordered!  Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 18:10

Buskalilly wrote:
I am very excited about the new Mario games. I went on twitter to share my excitement and its just cunts moaningabout the "limited release" of *checks notes* six months. The details of which none of them know.

I am tired of this planet and its people. Time for another break from twitter I think.

I think some folk are allergic to fun. Laughing

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 _59293322_mccoist

Pre-ordered!  Bounce Bounce Bounce

Also just got mine done as well. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2020 - 23:58

Pre-ordered from ShopTo, which was thankfully the cheapest because Amazon was the other option. Hopefully they don't mess up my order like they've done in the past.

Don't want to miss out on getting a physical copy of this game but I do have some issues with it.

First of all I've heard SM64 is just going to be 720p, and from the footage it looks like it won't even be widescreen - but I've heard people saying it will be? So I don't know. But these limitations make me think it's probably an emulation as opposed to a port. Meanwhile there's that unofficial port which has those features and runs flawlessly.

No Galaxy 2 for some reason. No reason it couldn't fit on the cart along with the others. People have speculated that it'll maybe be DLC but I don't know about that since it's alreadys such a limited release. Then again it'd be easy money for Nintendo.

Moaning aside though, I am mostly happy with this announcement, and it'll mainly be for the Sunshine/Galaxy remasters anyway. Already played SM64 to death, and recently too on the unofficial ports. Absolutely love Sunshine and Galaxy and I've wanted to replay Galaxy for some time. Also I'll be able to get my money back and maybe then some when I'm done with the games and sell them on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 0:32

I can't help but instantly think of Reggie Fils-Aime's "insatiable" comment when I see folk discuss this 3D All-stars bundle, while it'd be phenomenal for it to have all the bells and whistles of a full remake (SM64 would obviously benefit the most from this) I personally like the fact they will be closer to the originals with a few little tweaks here & there. I've not played Sunshine or Galaxy since their initial launches which is what, 13 - 15 plus years? That alone has me quite excited in replaying these absolute classics. Grin
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 1:53

I mean, in regards to the included games the only thing I brought up was SM64 being the only one that's 720p and not widescreen. I don't think remedying this would take it too far way from the original - after all, Sunshine is getting that treatment.

I could be asking for more, for stuff like improved textures and models or framerates for SM64/Sunshine, and to be honest I don't think I would be being unreasonable in asking for even for that. Nintendo are a big company that can put big money behind their projects, and this will sell incredibly well (pre-orders are breaking ShopTo). But I'm not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 2:52

Oh my post wasn't directed at you as what you said in your previous post was reasonable, I've just seen a lot of comments on it elsewhere today and it has grinded my gears a wee bit because it comes off as if they know better & even a bit greedy in some cases.

Kriken wrote:
No Galaxy 2 for some reason. No reason it couldn't fit on the cart along with the others. People have speculated that it'll maybe be DLC but I don't know about that since it's alreadys such a limited release. Then again it'd be easy money for Nintendo.

The only thing I can think of is they are after a more rounded anniversary package.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 3:10

Oh, I actually did think Kriken specifically was chatting a load of shit
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 3:58

🔥
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 4:20

Tingle
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 9:42

What Kriken is saying is why I'm on the fence as I own Sunshine and Galaxy which look great played on my softmodded Wii with HDMi.

Sure they will look better on the Switch (you'd hope Nintendo does a good job) but it's just a bump in resolution.

I don't own SM64 in any form but could just buy on my WiiU via the VC.

And I wouldn't be shocked to see a N64 Online Service or N64 Mini etc at some point which I could play it on those.

So for me it's more of a convince of having the three games in one place and FOMO with the physical verison.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 10:47

For me it's 100% about having them all on the Switch and at my beck and call whenever, wherever for the foreseeable.

And about having that nice physical case . . .
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 11:02

The_Jaster wrote:
I can't help but instantly think of Reggie Fils-Aime's "insatiable" comment when I see folk discuss this 3D All-stars bundle, while it'd be phenomenal for it to have all the bells and whistles of a full remake (SM64 would obviously benefit the most from this) I personally like the fact they will be closer to the originals with a few little tweaks here & there. I've not played Sunshine or Galaxy since their initial launches which is what, 13 - 15 plus years? That alone has me quite excited in replaying these absolute classics. Grin

These are my thoughts, word for word! And I've only ever played SM64's DS remake, which was not the ideal way to play it, so I'm pretty psyched for this. Obviously it's not mega difficult to play the originals but... that's not really the point of a rerelease?!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 11:11

That's the thing is £50 just for a re-release where I've got Tony Hawk arriving today which cost £32 and is a remake.

Still I have ordered so Tingle
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 11:17

At the same time I don't really know what people were expecting from a first-party Mario release on Switch - we all know Nintendo are going to charge top dollar for that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 12:40

That's the thing though as take Tony Hawk if that was coming out as just the PS1 games for £50, people would be going typical greedy Activision.

Nintendo it's fine because it's Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 13:47

I don't think that's true - a lot of people have slagged Nintendo off for their high prices (see Pikmin 3) - I'm just saying surely people should be used to it by now, and I don't know why they expect things to change.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 13:52

I've seen people compare this to Crash and Tony Hawk and its ludicrous to me.

This is Mario.

It doesn't compare.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 14:49

So because of the games quality (THPS2 is 3rd highest game on Meta, mind) it's allowed a free pass
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 14:52

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)   The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Year of Mario (Ports of 3D Marios! Super Mario Bros. Royale! Mario K-AR-t!)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next