Gotta negotiate with them all (It's you and me)

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts

Go down 
+11
Crumpy Andy
Muss
Rum
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
gjones
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts   Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2021, 17:35

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 81ggBkgnKAL._AC_SL1500_

I’m guilty of playing any old rubbish really, but I only post about the games I’ve completed if I feel like I’ve got something to say about them. Some are more remarkable than others. Rabbids 3D is remarkable for just one reason: it’s the most middling, so-so and unexceptional game that I’ve ever played in my life.

By any metric that you could measure a game’s quality, Rabbids 3D is stunningly average. With regards to the graphics, the gameplay, the controls, the level design, the sound design, the length and it’s mastery of the new-at-the-time 3DS hardware, Rabbids 3D is just fully okay. There’s nothing bad about it any of it, but there’s nothing good about any of it either.

The only thing that kept me going with Rabbids 3D was how mindless it was. That was it’s advantage over anything else I could have played. It meant that I could do two things at once, and play it while I was having to sit through boring online work meetings; Rabbids 3D was so mentally untaxing that I never lost concentration on either the game or the meetings. Other than being an impressive feat of human multitasking on my part and being slightly more entertaining than a two-hour Community Planning Partnership Teams call, there’s nothing else to say about my experience with Rabbids 3D. It looks, sounds, feels, smells and tastes like a 5/10.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Steel Samurai
The Cappuccino Kid

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts   Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021, 08:36

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts - Page 22 220px-True_Pinball_Sega_Saturn_Cover_Art

Have you ever rummaged through your games collection, picked something up and said “what the fuck is this” and “when the fuck did I buy this”? True Pinball on the SEGA Saturn everybody!

I’m not knowledgeable enough about pinball to know how the ball should travel, or what constitutes intelligent table design, or any of that. My experience with pinball doesn’t go much beyond sticking a quid into a table when I’m halfcut at a pub and playing a couple of games until I lose and get a game over. I feel like I know a bit more about what makes pinball entertaining in a video game though. And more often than not, these types of games are worth at least a couple of hours of my time.

I think that True Pinball is a decent example of what a pinball game should be. The ball moves around fluidly and the four tables featured all have a decent sense of flow. You’re not getting your ball stuck all the time like in other, worse-designed pinball games, and I found myself hardly needing to use the tilt button at all. It was fairly fun to just slap the ball around with your two flippers and watch it whizz around while you rack up massive points.

Boredom can set in quite quickly though, as I found all of these tables to be a bit uninspired and lacking in features. Likewise, neither the graphics nor sound create a whole lot of excitement. Then there’s the presentation, which has that same ‘futuristic yet unconfident’ feel that a lot of early PSone games had. It’s strange to describe, feeling like an NC student making their first ever video game...but in 1995. It’s presentation would look shite today, let’s say that.

That’s True Pinball: a game that might look and function like ‘true’ pinball, but in all honestly I’d rather just spend my time on Psycho Pinball, or Pokemon Pinball, or basically anything that jazzes the experience up a bit. 4/10.
Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Finished And Your Thoughts
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22