We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 21:25

That GBA looks so small it's daft. No idea how it works in the hands as well as it clearly does. Some sort of black magic, I assume.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 1:46

Hitting the right trigger isn't my favourite but otherwise it feels great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021 - 9:02

My god! That GBA Micro is amazing, they are pretty nifty little machines.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyFri 3 Sep 2021 - 21:07

One of my biggest regrets is "getting" an OG GBA (I'm not a big handheld gamer, and it was heavily suggested I should get one). I would've much rather waited and forked out for a Micro much later on - so neat.

Waiting for the Switch Micro to look like that now!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySat 4 Sep 2021 - 12:48

I had the green Micro back in 2007 and got rid of it pretty quickly. Was too small for anything longer than 30 minutes of play - maybe I just have massive hands but it certainly wasn't a comfortable experience.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySat 4 Sep 2021 - 18:28

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 Img_2026

HMV have been selling these off nationally in their clearance bins, and these were what I could find in my nearby shop. They're supposed to sell for £24.99 each, but they're down to £3.99 when bought with anything else. Respectfully, that's not £150's worth of entertainment you see in that photo. That said, they're really nice altogether - they're perfectly playable, with good controls and sound. I was happy to pay £20 for all five.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Sep 2021 - 6:37

At that kind of price, those arcade machines are worth it just to look nice on a shelf.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 15:21

Well I've broken and picked up a PS5 again after about 300+ days, it doesn't quite have the 10ish games I really must play like I said I'd wait for but quite a few B Tier like titles (Not a knock but not Halo, Zelda or Ratchet system sellers) such as Pathless soon Kena etc that I could make a list of 10 things such as Chicory as well that interests me within the PlayStation ecosystem.

My bundle wasn't one of the silly ones like I saw the other day AO had one which was console, headset, camera, extra white controller, ratchet, ghosts and village for like £700 but just a simple one of console, extra white controller and camera.

As the controller was white and not a fancy colour, I didn't need that same with the camera, traded those in for three of these:
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 E-w3s7OWYAMIqm8?format=jpg&name=medium

As might have guessed the PS2 & VITA games I got along with Ratchet from the trade-ins as both indie shop & CEX didn't have a great PS5 selection basically was Assassin's Creed or COD, which I've already played that thought why not add a few things to my collection.

Aliens I bought from GAME, who had the best selection including some more odd titles like Greak, Terminator and the bigger games such as Returnal, but I didn't really want to spend £70 after buying the PS5 that Aliens seemed a bit of a safe bet to play after Ratchet. Do also have Life is Strange True Colors coming for PS5 now instead of Xbox, likely now going forward stuff like that will get on PS5 over Xbox unless price differences etc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:52

masofdas wrote:
Well I've broken and picked up a PS5 again after about 300+ days, it doesn't quite have the 10ish games I really must play like I said I'd wait for but quite a few B Tier like titles (Not a knock but not Halo, Zelda or Ratchet system sellers) such as Pathless soon Kena etc that I could make a list of 10 things such as Chicory as well that interests me within the PlayStation ecosystem.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 Fry-shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 19:19

Think most shocked its took this long

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:10

masofdas wrote:
Think most shocked its took this wrong
That's quite racist
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:23

Umm yeah it especially as I meant to put long.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 7:17

I experience a lot of Ls incorrectly replaced with Rs, but my favourite is when people overcorrect and replace an R with an L.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyMon 4 Oct 2021 - 19:50

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 Img_2027

Here’s my new buys from the last month-and-a-bit. It’s a collection of distinction, where Sensible Soccer is the best thing in the photo. My copy of Sonic Colours Ultimate seems to be lost in the post, and Metroid Dread will hopefully hit my doormat on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 6:17

Let us know if Monkey Ball holds together, I'm really keen to play a bit of that again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 10:27

Views seem... mixed. I've seen 'woo the original Monkey Balls!' I've also seen 'boo they've ruined Monkey Target'.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 11:03

Also interested in Monkey Ball, but as Balla says, reviews seem all over the place. It's either Monkey Ball experts moaning that it's not as good as the original (which is weird because the original is pretty much perfect); or it's "Monkey Target feels different, therefore this game isn't worth your time". Of all the reviews I've read, the Eurogamer one seems most measured, but I'm interested in a Cappa review for sure.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 12:09

I'm assuming it won't be quite as good as the original because Switch Analogue sticks don't have an octolock.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 13:10

My early impression after a couple of hours with Banana Mania’s main game and some of its party games is that it’s similar enough to still be really enjoyable. I’m not so obsessed with the GameCube’s Super Monkey Ball games that I can really detect much change with Banana Mania’s controls and physics, although I’m familiar enough to be sure that they’re definitely not exactly the same as before. That might cause problems for me on the later stage, but for now I trust the controls, they’re doing their job fine.

‘Boo they’ve ruined Monkey Target’ is fair criticism though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:05

Monkey Target looks worse now than on Cube, that's looking at the two side by side, believe why is because new one is Unity or something.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 10:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 9:02

Balladeer wrote:
Views seem... mixed.  I've seen 'woo the original Monkey Balls!'  I've also seen 'boo they've ruined Monkey Target'.

The Game Sack review seemed decent to me - he said that the controls are definitely off in comparison, but you do adjust to them in time. He also stated that people less familiar with the originals might have a better time in the beginning.

I heart Monkey Ball, but I will have to wait a little while for this one as I'm trying to catch up with a lot of first-party stuff I've missed over the last eighteen months or so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 10:51

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 OIPFour me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 OIPFour me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 OIPFour me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 203774222_xxl3

Yeah, as Andy tweeted me I know I could upgrade my PS4 Death Stranding for £5 (at the time of preorder PS5 DS did think it be £10 as $10) but DS is one of my favourite games that I want it physical on PS5, I also bought more expensive remasters this year and cheaper ones...

Alan Wake got for £20 and even at RRP it's a decent deal when I look at Skyward Sword for instance, sure that's a better game but as a remaster then these two are on par.  

Sonic finally arrived but really at the wrong time now as I'm partway through Alan Wake and will just be starting Metroid Dread.

Edit

These just arrived from Genki which know Cappa has used in the past, hope to use them again
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 20211010
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021 - 21:20

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It’s a collection of distinction, where Sensible Soccer is the best thing in the photo.
Codies own the Sensi license now? Huh. I guess that EA owns the Sensi license*. That's a shame really, because it seems like, right now, with both FIFA and PES getting a bit of a shoeing, there's never been a better time to have a different sort of football game introduce itself.

*Yeah I abbreviated all those to the old 90s UK game slang; that'll throw the Americans off the scent
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021 - 3:41

That's why we need a new Mario Strikers ASAP!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021 - 15:19

Tokyo Jungle is a game I completely forgot existed, might have to look in to playing that myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next