We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 11:57

I bought a Snake plant yesterday.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Snake-plant-care-overview-1902772-04-d3990a1d0e1d4202a824e929abb12fc1-349b52d646f04f31962707a703b94298

The last houseplant we owned was a potted Lemon tree called Leonard. Unfortunately, Leonard passed away shortly after it's solitary lemon ripened. We did everything we could to look after him. We gave him all the sunlight our ground floor flat could offer (not very much), we wrapped his stem in a blanket to try and insulate him from the draft, I even took him into the bathroom when I showered because they like humidity. But alas, he wasn't cut out for our drafty home and didn't last very long.

Snake plants are hardy desert plants, so this new fella should live long and prosper. But we haven't come up with any names for it. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 17:48

Not name ideas but what happened to Crashes chili plant?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 18:46

Solid. Jake. Plissken. Bus.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 21:02

That's not a snake plant, silly silly muss.

Also call him Nibbly wriggly.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 23:16

A sansevieria! We have two of those in our flat. Mine is bigger than my partner's though. (nudge nudge KNOB JOKE)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 19:46

Definitely suggesting Paul, after Paul's Plant of N64 Magazine fame.

masofdas wrote:
Not name ideas but what happened to Crashes chili plant?

It died, sadly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptySat 23 Oct 2021 - 18:29

Shame

Today I went to a new game collectable shop in town, not sure what you call it as it has games but also has more LEGO & Hornby Trains etc

It was really busy, like I had to wait to be allowed in, which at first I thought maybe they wanted to do social distancing but no it was just that busy with three tills open and a guy buying a Multi Mega of all things. I do live in a small town, so something new and shiny will attract a lot of people.

I got a few things
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 FCYmYBVWYAcBIn1?format=jpg&name=medium

The games cost £9 and the Batmobile which was new cost £35. I'm not a big LEGO guy normally, yet they had some cool pieces new and used (used LEGO is weird to me as it is all ready built) and I did enjoy spending the afternoon building it

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 FCZfa3KXoAIgAJM?format=jpg&name=medium

Hopefully the store does do well as I've said before, my local indie game shop where I go to at the moment is in a much smaller town again and has more game shops than a place the size of Taunton which should be able to sustain three (MT, GAME, CEX) shops hopefully, and it gets some more interesting games in.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptySun 31 Oct 2021 - 11:56

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Img_2028

After finding out that Game Boy wasn’t coming to Nintendo Switch Online just yet after all, I went on a bit on a binge and picked up some cheap carts. R-Type DX was fifteen quid but the others were under a fiver each – and NHL surprisingly turned up in mint condition. Metroid Dread has unsurprisingly stayed in it’s cellophane for the last month or so.

The N64 controller was a must-buy. One of the charity shops down the street had some decent kids DS games for a quid each, but afterward I went across the road to CEX, exchanged them and bought Scooby Doo to plug another gap in my N64 collection. I’m not really sure why I bought the SNES Encyclopedia – it just showed up at my house a couple of weeks ago, I didn’t remember ordering it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Nov 2021 - 13:18

So the LEGO and Silent Hill along with the programme are from my trip to Brighton.

Then today I went to trade in some Pokémon cards to the new collectible shop, whilst looking for them, I came across a boxed dual shock edition PlayStation which I didn't even know I had. The store wouldn't take the Pokémon cards, as they had hundreds already traded in but they did take the PlayStation which I got enough trade to get Guardians (Will do the free upgrade to PS5 as they only had PS4 version) and Pathless.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 FDwOF5IXMAgZfxy?format=jpg&name=medium
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 18:14

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Img_2029

Random pick-ups from the last week-and-a-bit. I’d forgotten that I’d ordered the Metroid amiibo but they’ll come in handy when I eventually get round to starting Dread, maybe early next year. Spongebob was a total bargain – in German right enough, but it was down to just £7.55 on Amazon’s UK Marketplace on a random weekday morning last week. I snapped it up after remembering what Stu said about it. Street Racer, MX Superfly and The Polar Express were all cheaply bought from Amazon too, for roughly a tenner with delivery so not bad by current standards.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 23:42

I know its childish and a little xenophobic, but "DER POLAREXPRESS" is really funny to me.

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 25429310
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2021 - 18:47

Not at all, I'd wet myself with laughter if it were called DER BIG FLOPPY DONKEY DICK or something like that.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Nov 2021 - 18:57

Street Racer is a great little game, although I've not played it in 20+ years. The mode where you are in an arena and have to melee other racers through the barriers was always something I wanted in Mario Kart.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 0:59

All the way back on my 30th birthday, in 2020, one of the presents from my mate Rob was a copy of F-Zero GX for the gamecube. I have a Japanese Wii in in the house, but I didn't have any gamecube controllers or memory cards, so in all that time it hasn't been played.
Yesterday, I went to Uniqlo to buy some shirts and pants for work and found myself, as one does, in the big secondhand games-and-that shop. I was taken by the cheap prices of Gamecube stuff and I indulged.
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 26236310
On the way home, the next podcast that started was the Gamecube draft on Back Page, so I felt very happy about my purchases by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 17:18

Noice! Before I looked closer and saw it was Godzilla I thought you had picked up some obscure Japan only Ninja gamecube game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2021 - 17:21

UK Price £700, Japan 700¥
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 7:15

Most of them less than that Mas - like 4 or 500!
Obviously I won't be playing any text-heavy games this way any time soon, but platformers and racers should be grand!
The_Jaster wrote:
Noice! Before I looked closer and saw it was Godzilla I thought you had picked up some obscure Japan only Ninja gamecube game.
I can kinda see that!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 12:44

Is that Star Fox Assault or... ugh, Adventures you picked up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 13:42

Adventures is good though, if it was called Dinosaur Planet people would love it.

After trading in some games, I got this
Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 FFhmUUwXoAUYvba?format=jpg&name=medium
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 15:15

It's Assault, although I'm actually pretty keen to replay Adventures.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 16:13

I think Adventures would have been wank with or without Star Fox in it, but that's just me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 16:30

Disappointed in you Jay, I don't expect Andy levels from you.

Does give me a TOTS idea for Podcast.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 17:44

Never mind £700 - back here in Britain, all that GameCube stuff would cost you the same as a yacht with a castle built on the deck (probably).

I’ve been meaning to buy those three Japanese Donkey Konga games for ages, they’ve got different soundtracks from the two Western ones. Let us know what you make of that Godzilla game please, I’ve never played it but it looks like something I’d enjoy.

~

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Img_2031

I thought the Amazon offer with Shining Pearl and the wired holiday controller was a cracking deal, well happy with that at £46. Elsewhere, somebody must have punted their PS4 collection to the nearby Shelter charity shop, there was about thirty games on the shelf. Mostly sports and launch day stuff though, but I was happy enough with picking up Gran Turismo and WWE for £2.50 each. Thrasher fills my quota of Random Retro Nonsense That I'll Not Get Around To Playing Until The Nineteenth Lockdown®.

In the last eShop sale, I downloaded What The Golf?, Skelattack, Knock ‘Em Down Bowling, Unravel Two, Crazy BMX World and INSIDE for around twenty quid.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Dec 2021 - 9:27

masofdas wrote:
Disappointed in you Jay, I don't expect Andy levels from you.

I can weigh in if it helps? Adventure is great, Assault is awful - tedious boring little game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Dec 2021 - 9:36

Andy is correct

You not played Godzilla on Cube, Cappa? It's a great local multiplayer game smacking around all the monsters.

Didn't know about soundtrack differences, knew Japan had Donkey Konga 3 which I've always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 11 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next