Splatoon... Splatoon... SPLATOOOOON

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Rum
Balladeer
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 13:07

There's seven carts just in those pictures.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Greener
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 16:38

Please post photos of you playing Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Portrait Ghost
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 18:52

Had these waiting for me when I got back from work:

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 Img_2057

I’d forgotten about ordering the N64 Encyclopedia. Though it's a £30 book I got for a big saving, so I'm happy enough with that. It’s just the same as his other ones, but this time for the Greatest Console Of All Time.

I’ve never bothered with Super Rare games before, or any of these limited run types of thing. A Short Hike was utterly irresistible though, it was truly magical when I played it and I’m more than happy to have it physically. It'll definitely be getting played.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Dark Sun
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 10:06

I've got the NES and SNES books, they're nice for a little read with a cuppa now and then. I'll add the N64 one to my Amazon list and probably get it for a Christmas or Birthday somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 20:40

Are the books good?  I've had no interest in them because I like Scullion for his slightly sweary humour rather than his encyclopaedic knowledge, and I figured the books swayed a lot towards the latter.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Dark Sun
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 9:53

They have a little character. I've never found Scullion to be the most hilarious, but pleasantly readable, and these fit that. It isn't like reading a wikipedia article or a back-of-the-magazine directory, more like a fun ONM retro feature. If the stars align and my mood is just right, sitting down and reading a few pages does feel like I still have new issues of the old Nintendo mags I loved so much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Portrait Ghost
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 22:58

I’m undecided if I think Chris Scullion's books are good or not. It’s clear that he’s played all the games featured and spent time with them, but the entries are only mildly informative and offer little in the way of his personal perspective. That's definitely true about the N64 one. Fair enough if he doesn’t have much background with Indy Racing 2000 or Mahjong 64, but what’s written about those isn’t much less descriptive of what’s here for Diddy Kong Racing for example.

There’s no swearing in the N64 book if that’s what you’re into, and no N64 Magazine-style horsings for Carmageddon 64 it’s likeness. There’s occasional humour to found though. One thing that’s made me smile is that all his screenshots for club football games show Celtic scoring a goal against Rangers. That’s a sort of pettiness that I can get behind.

Buskalilly says it best. “Pleasantly readable” and “they’re nice for a little read with a cuppa now and then”.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:10

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
...but the entries are only mildly informative and offer little in the way of his personal perspective.

This is kind of what I was worried about. Ah well. Meh
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Portrait Ghost
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 8:01

Here’s all the physical Switch games I’ve bought in the last month:

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 Img_2058

The top row of games were all day-one purchases. I’m done with Pac-Man, nearly finished with Two Point Campus and saving the Cowabunga Collection for other times. I can see me just heading online occasionally with Splatoon 3, I wasn’t that into the single player campaigns in the last two.

The bottom row has a German copy of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, which I randomly picked up on Amazon.co.uk for something like £5.19. It’s fully in English, so it’s a decently bargainous buy. I’ve got no idea why I bought Balan Wonderworld again, I guess I was just surprised to see a physical Switch game for under a fiver. Stubbs The Zombie was only about twelve quid, I might get round to it at Halloween time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 20:23

Perfectly Balan-ced, as all things should be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2022 - 16:07

My SteamDeck came on Wednesday, not had huge amount of time with it because work and modern gaming like it wanted to do an update, then you got to wait for the games to download etc. Why I used to like midnight launches, could put the console on overnight to update, download games then just play the game.

Had DioField turn up for Switch today and traded in some bits in CEX which I got MUA3 (Did anyone place this?), also for Switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17