We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 6:22

I liked the look of Nerobarista at first but I've played some other bartender/ have a job and read conversations games and . . . I'd rather read a book. Cloudpunk gets away with it because flying around is at least kind of fun.

There was a lot of stuff that looked interesting but nothing I was personally busting to play (apart from when the FAR trailer reminded me I still want to play the first).

Seeing Shovesy got me excited we would finally be seeing a full sequel, but nah . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 13:56

A few games took my interest there.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk doesn’t look like it’s introduced a single new idea to the twenty year old Jet Set Radio framework. It’s almost coming off as a kind of Giana Sisters type of copycat.

While I acknowledge that the world doesn’t need a Metal Slug 8, Metal Slug Tactics isn’t where I want to see the series go next. That’s only because I dislike tactical strategy though, I trust it’ll be a really good game for people into that style.

I’ll consider Tetris Effect Connected for the right price. I’ve already got the base game on PS4, but that’s a console that I hardly play, and it’s wound up being a game I’ve played maybe three or four times. Early impressions were really positive, and I’d probably get more out of it on my most-used console.

I thought Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon looked really promising, there’s loads of potential in that idea.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2021 - 14:13

Cappa aka Big Bobo Balde. wrote:
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk doesn’t look like it’s introduced a single new idea to the twenty year old Jet Set Radio framework. It’s almost coming off as a kind of Giana Sisters type of copycat.

It did grab my attention when I seen a Skateboard but that didn't seem to change the gameplay like you said, it's also a year away from release which is another reason why it's hard to be truly excited.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptySun 15 Aug 2021 - 20:17

Buskalilly wrote:
I liked the look of Nerobarista at first but I've played some other bartender/ have a job and read conversations games and . . . I'd rather read a book.
This is the correct opinion.

There were lots of games that were sort-of OK, but I genuinely don't think about getting any new games now, such is my backlog, I just assume they're for other people. I did like Axiom Verge 2 though, even though I've not played the original; I'm very tempted by Tetris Effect but mostly because they seem to have added the NES Tetris into the spectacle; actually I think my favourite game there was Toem - you get to run around and do stuff, but hopefully no boss battles.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 13:03

Pokemon Presents

28 Minutes of Pokemon content. We haven't seen Arceus or BDSP since they were unveiled, other than that slightly spruced up footage on the OLED trailer. Possibly we'll see some other minor announcements too.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 14:12

It's not pretty, but the remake has some fun-looking stuff in it. I'll prob buy it after all.

It looks slightly nicer graphically than in the first trailer.

I don't hate that characters are chibi style in the overworld but not in interactions.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 14:22

I'm not too sure about Arceus. Visually it's not too appealling, I don't really like the washed out look and the models and environments seem to lack detail. The gameplay seems like quite the departure. I hope it's fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 14:38

I've been in TOH Discord most of the morning and I basically was bang on with what I thought we would see, but I said OLED not Lite etc.

I was sold on Pearl anyway as I've never played it and same with Arceus which does seem like that Pokémon x BotW like game people been asking for.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 15:01

Oh man, Neil, I couldn't be more different in my Arceus opinions! Other than BOTW2, it's my most anticipated game!

D&P looks full-featured and I'll give it a go. Wish I hadn't replayed it last year though lol . . .
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 15:40

Buskalilly wrote:
Oh man, Neil, I couldn't be more different in my Arceus opinions! Other than BOTW2, it's my most anticipated game!

D&P looks full-featured and I'll give it a go. Wish I hadn't replayed it last year though lol . . .

My post sounds more negative than I actually feel. After seeing the deep dive (I posted right after the new trailer), I'm more interested.

Also, that new regional Growlithe is cute
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 15:53

Buskalilly wrote:

Waits for 3platoon trailer and that's now top game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 17:12

Hmm . . . Splatoon 3 could be up there if it looks like a big jump. If it just looks like more of Splatoon and Spla2n, I'll still be excited but it won't be my most anticipated game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 17:15

Wait to it's an open world adventure.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 17:43

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 Marina-splatoon
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021 - 19:59

If anything were to get me back in Splatoon...

Buskalilly wrote:
Possibly we'll see some other minor announcements too.

They were very minor. I was on a work call, watching the showcase on my 'phone, and I don't think my divided attention felt like it cost me anything until the last seven minutes. BDSP looks bad, yet still better than all the mobile gacha nonsense preceding it...

...of course, they then revealed more of Legends Arceus and I had stop myself from crying tears of joy down the line. That might be a slight exaggeration, but I am hecking excited. New Pokémon! New forms! New modes of transport! Being actually attacked by Pokémon! Cyrus' ancestor! I didn't notice any problems with the graphics to be honest, just that it looked a lot more together than the previous trailer we saw. Hyped for January!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 1:12

Balladeer wrote:
 BDSP looks bad,
Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v5pig8l0p6fs982exa0rk32yhiicwnoaachrnr0p&rid=giphy

I mean, it looks like a Diamond and Pearl remake to me. And a well-featured one which is pretty in places.

Quote :
yet still better than all the mobile gacha nonsense preceding it...
Only one of them is a gacha game; Pokémon Masters. Which is a shame, as it seems like it would be a lot of fun to play through all these stories with characters from across the games. Unfortunately, as you say, Gacha nonsense.
Then there's Pokémon GO, which I know isn't your cup of tea but I play and is somewhat popular here.
Café mix is a matching puzzler thing which I should have played but haven't for some reason.
And Unite is a MOBA, which is for those folks I guess. Not for me, but not gacha.

Quote :
...of course, they then revealed more of Legends Arceus and I had stop myself from crying tears of joy down the line.  
YASSSS there we go!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2021 - 5:04

Well now you can play the remix of cafe.

Think Balla actually means mobile or pay to win nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptySat 21 Aug 2021 - 13:57

Yep gacha was an overly derogatory term for a group of games that I'm sure aren't literally gacha (apart from Masters apparently, about which I've heard nothing good).  From what I've heard Unite has big pay-to-win aspects and even Go! sounds like it's sliding more that way with eggs and things.  

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
 BDSP looks bad,
I mean, it looks like a Diamond and Pearl remake to me.

So we agree then. Razz Can't say I saw anything in the trailer that made me think it's going to be much better either - apart from Electivire, which is further sign that the Platinum Pokédex is going to be in there.  That's actually a big deal, because the weirdly limited 'Mon selection was the worst bit of the original DP.  (I presume there'll be a method to pick up Giratina.)

Still one I'm going to skip, mind.  There's one person on GRcade who did the normal moaning about Legends' graphics before saying how delighted they were with BDSP which utterly fried my brain. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 11:57

Unite's pay-to-win stuff is guff, and if I were interested in the gameplay anyway that might have subsequently put me off.

Go is a weird one. I play it quite a bit, get plenty out of it and have crucially never spent a penny. However, I don't really play it any competitive way or care much about comparing myself with others, plus I had a 4-day weekend last week and of my own volition walked 112km. I'm not the average user. If it's a game you play seriously, I'm sure some of the monetisation stuff can be annoying.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 18:05

I don't really see much point in paying for things in Go myself. I guess if you really want to complete your dex or if you are super into competitve battling (don't understand why you would be, the Go Battle system sucks!).

You can buy raid passes and use them to try and catch legendaries, but those Pokémon require you to be with at least a couple of other people AND even when you win the battle there's still a very high chance you won't catch them. Besides, the throwing balls endlessly at legendaries is a really annoying part of Pokémon, I can't be arsed with it in Go. You can use legendaries in battles but you can't put them in gyms so I don't really see the point. But then again a lot of people do. They probably make a fair penny on those events they do which boost your odds of getting shiny Poks. For me, it's a pedometer.

As for Unite, I did enjoy playing it with my girlfriend but I've already dropped off of it. Even without the pay-to-win aspects, I think that's where most people will be heading. It's obviously grubby that that stuff is in there but I guess if you were content to just play the game then the ranking system would eventually find an appropriate spot on the ladder for you, although it would no doubt be frustrating feeling like you lost because your items sucked. To earn through play 1 fully upgraded pokemon takes about a year of playing every day or something to that effect from what I've seen (It gets worse too, each pokemon wants different item upgrades, so if you fully upgrade your Machamp it won't be anywhere near as useful on Gengar etc.) Vom.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 21:32

Wow, that Unite system genuinely sounds sickening. This is completely unsurprising, of course, but at times just how blatant some of these money-grabbers are still has the capacity to make me feel unwell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 20:13

I'll be staying up for this! (Shush, I'm an old man now.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 20:15

I will also be watching live
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 20:28

Aye.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 17:29

What are we expecting from this evening's Direct then lads? At the risk of sounding like a colossal clown, I'm thinking we might see something from Bayonetta 3. It's been much too long since that was revealed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next