We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 11:13

One of those 'insiders' is now furiously backpedalling and saying that any 'Direct' next week will be a smaller one. Maybe another third-party showcase?

Still no sign of Raji buyers. I don't blame anyone TBH, I haven't bought it, but... Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 11:22

I havent bought it because I have games to play but I think it looks smashing and dont know what you were on about.

What struck you as shonky?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 11:42

I thought that the frame rate was noticeably juddery to the extent that it'd put me off in the trailer they showed...

Actually though, it looks a lot better in this trailer! So now I don't know whether that previous trailer was representative of Switch gameplay as opposed to other platforms (in which case bleah), or whether my stream was just bad, or what. Meh Might be one to wishlist and take a punt on when it's on sale/I have fewer games to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 11:58

Is meant to be a bunch of partner showcases but do think Jeff Grub (the insider) gets a lot wrong but because he's mates with people he still has a decent rep.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 15:07

That's actually the impression I got when I saw that initial article on Nintendolife, also I need to say that I usually like all the excitement on my twitter feed during directs but these last few it's just been annoying seeing some of that excitement being sapped away from those begging for first party games when that was never the point of the direct.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Aug 2020 - 16:51

While I'd like to see Nintendo giving indie developers some of their IPs, as we've discussed before Jas, anybody who goes into an Indie or partner showcase hoping for Metroid Prime 4 deserves to be laughed out of the Internet.

Yep Jeff Grubb is definitely an 'insider' for me, covering his muddy tracks.  What about this though!?  I hope you're all ready for Super Anime RPG 3, a Japan-only free-to-play mobile game!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 15:24

Well Jeff was right as this just dropped

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 18:28

The most disappointing part of that Direct wasn't the games themselves - always highly unlikely that I was going to be interested in anything they had to offer, although Kingdom Hearts getting a rhythm game rather than an actual Kingdom Hearts remains slightly ridiculous - but the fact that they showed off Crystal Chronicles, one of the posterchildren for the GC-GBA link, brought to Switch without either one-Switch or local wireless multiplayer. It's a moronic decision and the game deserves to die because of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 18:48

KH: MoM was announced ages ago and nice to have a date even though it's slap bang in November around the next gen consoles and your AAA stuff. Surely you'd have it on Switch along with PS4ONE verison then not at all?

Just read both NLife and Push Square review of Crystal Chronicles, sounds bobbins.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 19:05

I would, I'd prefer the actual Kingdom Heartses though - of which I believe the Switch has none.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 19:14

Why is the RPG getting a music game, and why is the music game getting an RPG? Bollocks to that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 19:52

Laughing Nicely put. Everything seemed to be spin-offs in that showcase sadly. That said, Taiko no Tatsujin Roru Purayin Gemu looked like the best thing shown to these eyes. Still unlikely to get it, mind, and therein lies the problem with giving the RPG a music game and the music game an RPG - it potentially puts off both sets of fans, and if it doesn't attract enough new ones you've got a curio at best.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020 - 20:43

Square loves a music game and Kingdom Hearts has great tunes.

Don't know why the proper games have come especially as most are actually on Nintendo originally.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 18:24

The only thing I had a mild interest in from that mini direct was the Creed Boxing game, it didn't look the best but with it being a year from release it has time to get better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 0:03

I genuinely just flicked through that Direct, which is the first time in a long time where I've not actually sat and watched it. There was nowt of interest in there for me. I'm genuinely only looking forward to Sakuna in regards to upcoming Switch releases. Oof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 19:05

Yes, this was... almost unequivocally rubbish wasn't it? It's understandable given COVID, and contractual obligations blah blah; but for all that Nintendo fanboys (self included) are squalid self-entitled little brats, I do wonder if anybody enjoyed this showing.

Of course, that's probably exactly why Nintendo shadow-dropped it: it knew that there was nothing earth-shaking to be had therein. They did the right thing here in my 'umble opinion, getting the showcase out without getting expectations up (apart from people paying attention to 'insiders' *snort*).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020 - 22:49

I didn't mind it but I had zero expectations and come out knowing when Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memories is coming out (might not get on Switch mind) and that was enough for me.

Same even with ONL and Futures event, tad boring overall but knowing Ratchet and Clank is launch window of PS5 and the voice cast in 12 Minutes is fine, as only so many games I can play.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 10:27

The next Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase is happening at 3pm tomorrow:

Frank Honey for Smash.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 10:35

Just when I finish work, good timing Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 1:11

My expectations are at zero for these partner directs.

Fall Guys and ApexLegends news wouldn't go amiss.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 6:23

Apex and even Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster could be good shouts along with dates for Bravely Default II
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 11:39

Oh yeah, I forget BD would come under this umbrella rather than a first-party 1.

Oooh, I'd dip on a Mass Effect Trilogy, you know. It's been a long while and I bloody loved those games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:11

That was a surprise belter wasn't it? None of the things people were guessing, but a fair few good things shown (unless you're not a fan of JRPGs or Monster Hunter I guess). Happy with that!

I did wonder why Nintendo didn't just shadow-drop this, instead giving it a day for people to get excited. Now I know!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:27

Decent direct but do have to agree been RPG heavy which is fine as I like the genre but especially on GB, DS, 3DS and other handhelds

Think it's linked to Pokémon
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 0:03

You have no idea Balla. I was almost in tears at the glorious return of Monhan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next