We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:03

That's it; without Nintendo and Sony getting involved it won't ever feel the same, and I reckon they're both glad to be free of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2022 - 10:10

Sony wasn't going anyway, be interesting what Nintendo do as the Direct is prerecord anyway it is only the being in that week then if it is outside that week you have all the surrounding news (maybe not as look at this direct) for the day or week compared to maybe a few hours, and the booth / Treehouse part.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 20:25

Buskalilly wrote:
It's pathetic, but nonetheless everyone loved the whole Festival of Games aspect of E3. Everything in one week, "who won?" discussions, knowing there would be big announcements, laughing at the shows that bottled it . . . there are reasons people want it back.

Yes, all of this. Maybe not the 'who won?' gubbins, but I'll miss the rest of it. Agreed that it's not worth it for Nintendo though. If they'd rocked up with this Direct they'd have been rightly laughed out of the place.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySat 17 Sep 2022 - 20:23

Balladeer wrote:
Tales of Symphonia that I was hoping against hope might come to Switch.

I am excited for this too, but I'll be blinded by my nostalgia for it because it's one of my favourite games ever, based on how much I loved it when I was about 14. I'm worried you'll poo on it. Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 1f62d
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:35

Sorry bit late to the party, and I know you've heard it all already but: Zelda - yay! Pikmin - yay! N64 games - yay! But I'd hate to be the video guy who has to edit the RPGs with farming mechanics without getting them mixed up. How many were there? It was at least 4 right?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 17:23

There's actually two farming games coming out on the same day soon, looking at the eShop.

It was four in the direct, then also a new Rune Factory with just a title screen and not sure what you would call Various Daylife.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 21:41

Rum wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Tales of Symphonia that I was hoping against hope might come to Switch.

I am excited for this too, but I'll be blinded by my nostalgia for it because it's one of my favourite games ever, based on how much I loved it when I was about 14. I'm worried you'll poo on it.  Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 1f62d

Twisted Evil

I will try to be kind. I'd forgotten it was chibi in style though, I thought it was more Vesperia-ish. And while I don't care much at all about FPS, the fact that it's 30 when the GC original ran at 60 is daft.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 15:53

Sounds basically like the PS3 port ported to modern systems, unless more done with textures etc

Ohh yeah it looks like it's going to be a port of a port
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 11:24

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 Hero_img
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 13:43

That's a lovely artstyle, but I wasn't exactly worried about the movie having any problems from an animation standpoint. I think it's the voice acting most folks are hesitant about...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 10:25

watched the trailer:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 16:00

Or only give him those lines and Kamek very quickly makes him lose his voice. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 21:48

I've seen it mentioned that he sounds like Linda from Bob's Burgers when he says that "here we go" line and now I can't unhear it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 12:21

I saw someone had lip-synced her to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 19:57

Buskalilly wrote:
watched the trailer:

Pretty much this. It looks lovely, but the idea of listening to Pratt's Mario for 90 minutes makes me think this is one for a bottle of wine and a home viewing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 21:18

In fairness listening to Martinet's voice for 90 minutes when it'd be more than just "wahoo" sounds like it could get a bit grating, it's perfect for the lines he has in games but in a movie with longer bits of dialogue might not hold up. Pratt's voice isn't exactly bad either, it's just very generic and bound to have nothing on ya boy Jablinski's Bowser.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2022 - 23:52

Eh I don't know, I think he's (Martinet) a good enough voice actor to tone it down a little.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 7:13

Oh yeah I've no doubt he could but the Mario voice just doesn't seem to fit prolonged dialogue, not a dig at his Mario voice, it's literally the best there, it's just not a style of voice I could imagine in a movie.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 23:41

I'd take an interesting stuff-up over the generic voice coming out of a far-right dingus' mouth that we're getting.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySat 22 Oct 2022 - 14:46

In retrospect they should've cast Hugh Laurie to do it in his most Prince George-y "Crikey"-est voice.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 9:19

Another Indie one today. Will there be one or two delights for me to keep an eye on? Surely.
Will it be slightly ruined by cloying, twee narration? Almost certainly!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 13:27

"In this heartfelt story....."
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 22:18

Buskalilly wrote:
Another Indie one today. Will there be one or two delights for me to keep an eye on? Surely.
Will it be slightly ruined by cloying, twee narration? Almost certainly!

Can't imagine how you managed to predict this! Afraid

That was fine I guess. Two games I liked the look of ruined by being revealed as roguelikes. Pepper Grinder felt like the standout, with a big Drill Dozer look and Devolver Digital support. I'd be really excited for ONI if it came from a bigger developer, but I fear it may have bitten off more than it can chew. A Space for the Unbound, Blanc, World of Horror, and whatever the heck WrestleQuest is all piqued my interest.

I do like putting things in order, but I don't feel it needs to be a videogame...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2022 - 10:56

What Little to the Left, been on my radar for a while and was looking to pick up my Deck even if it's a game that won't tax the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 4:06

Definitely playing Inscryption on Switch now that I know it's an option.
I'm pretty up for Oni, and Blanc if I have someone to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next