We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 20:02

I don't know if I'd have liked this more or less if I'd watched it properly.  As it was I skimmed through snippets on mute while I was meant to be in a meeting.  It didn't have much impact, but that did mean I didn't have to listen to the terrible announcers.

Pepper Grinder and Penny's were the big announcements, but I already knew about Pepper Grinder I think?  And Penny's got leaked to hell and back.  In fact if you include leaks this felt like a net negative for me, because we didn't get HiFi Rush on Switch.  Not Nintendo's fault at all, of course: just an indictment of the times, and of people who signal-boost the leaks by reposting.  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 Someonetalked

That aside, it was a big Direct for sequels or reruns of games I didn't like the first versions of. Embarrassed Endless Ocean, Ender Lilies, MHS, and Pocket Card Jockey all fall into this bucket.  Very little in here for me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 10:52

Strangely excited about Snake Rattle n Roll - time to use save states to finally get past level 10. But also they didn't have a specific section on that Snufkin game; how you turn the Moomins into a videogame I don't know, but I really hope that they've got it right.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 11:08

That Snufkin game had a spotlight in the Japanese Direct for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 6:49

Moomins are really popular here, man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 9:02

I played Stories, it was shite, that's why I wasn't remotely considering 2. Bad series of miserable rock paper scissors combat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 9:07

I want to be friends with Nargacuga though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 9:44

Yesterday was a day of agreeing with Mas.  Today's a day of agreeing with Andy.  Jesus H. Christ.  (looks nervously at BotW)

For real though, the combat in Stories 1 at least wasn't good.  It'd be better for a MonHun fan for sure!  I suffered from not knowing the monsters from elsewhere and a lot of the blighters being reptilian.  But that doesn't fix the guessing game combat, or the bad writing.

Anyhoo, Pokémon Presents today.  I'm predicting Black/White in the style of BDSP.Sulk
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 12:07

I'm convinved BDSP only exists because Legends was a remake project that took on a life of its own. I also still don't think we're getting a main series game this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 16:06

I was wrong! And you were right! I'm pleasantly surprised!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 9:32

I was right about some things but I sure as shit didn't call Pokémon Z lol.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 13:19

Buskalilly wrote:
Moomins are really popular here, man.

I'm quite keen on it, so my Switch might get switched on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 10:31

Didn't actually watch this (that lightbulb bit at the beginning's quite good!), but how did people find it?  

While Silksong not dropping after the related non-leak Internet developments was a bit of a Sulk moment, and I don't care for the sort of strategy Steamworld Heist 2 is peddling, but I thought there was a decent amount of interesting stuff there:
- Little Kitty Big City has large Untitled Goose Game vibes.  Also I like cats.  I thought the trailer was a bit twee but the game looks a lot of fun.
- Nice of them to release Pizza Tower on Swi- what?  Oh.  Still, might have a crack at AntonBlast, and in contrast to the above I genuinely found the trailer pretty charming.
- The Lady and I had a lot of fun with Cat Quest 2, genuinely a grand co-op time.  Cat Quest 3 will be a day-one buy.  
- Lorelei and the Laser Eyes is still Simogo and therefore I am still buying it.
- Yars Rising and SCHiM are both games that were there that I didn't hate the look of.
- Europa.  Chuffing hell.  

All that said, I'm definitely happier with not watching these Directs in Direct form.  Allows me to skip the nauseating voiceover, and also stops me from getting hyped for a 'one last thing' that due to the very nature of the beast is 90% of the time not going to be worth that hype.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 19:03

I skipped through most of it but yeah there was a handful of interesting looking games but nothing mind blowing.

AntonBlast - Played the demo and it was good, though I wish the visual style of it was a bit cleaner since it's meant to be played at a very fast pace and the chaos of it all can make you lose track of the character or the environment.

Animal Well - I've been following this one for a while but it's going to be a PS extra game on release so I'll play it there.

Lorelei and the Laser Eyes - Simogo. I go buy.

Steamworld Heist 2 - I enjoyed the first one but they didn't really sell me on the new features they showed. So, I'll look out for reviews.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2024 - 19:58

Watching again now after first time on lunch in work, and going from least to most wanted of what was shown

• Cat Quest III. Not played any of them
• ANTONBLAST. I did like the Wario games back in the day on Game Boy, just this seems off
• Valley Peaks. Reminds me of a recent VR game Stilt, just with a weird art style and talking frogs
• SteamWorld Heist II. I like the universe it's in
• Sticky Business or stitch. I get some A Little to the Left, Unpacking vibes to these along with other Indies played like this
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Splintered Fate. TMNT yay and leaves Apple Arcade boo roguelike
• Little Kitty, Big City. Looks like a more cute Stray
• Yars Rising. Wayforward has a decent record
• Europa. Looks gorgeous, but I remember things like Baldo, though think that got lots of patches and might be good now
• Refind Self: The Personality Test Game. I did joke this was a Playdate to EofGiz, yet I do like the look of it a lot that I may even checkout on PC before Switch. EDIT have bought on mobile as I seemed to have voucher on Play Store that this only cost 99p
• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. Simogo, well Annapurna for me as I only played Sayonara Wild Hearts, Year Walk is a Wii U game that still needs a port

I don't know why people thought Silksong a game which MS seem to have marketing for would be at an Indie Showcase, it's too big of a game for a start.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptySat 20 Apr 2024 - 9:17

I feel much the same overall, I felt there was a decent amount of interesting stuff too. There’s nothing I’m planning on getting immediately though I’ll be keeping an eye out for the reactions to Little Kitty, Big City, SCHiM and Lorelei and the Laser Eyes when they’re out. There seems to be a lot of positive hype around Animal Well as well, so it was mildly surprising to see that stuffed into a brief sizzle reel near the end.

For a big end-of-show reveal, I’m not that interested in Steamworld Heist 2 unfortunately. I was going to say that it’s been over five years since the last Steamworld Dig, but then again it’s been much closer to a decade since the original Steamworld Heist. Either way, I remember masofdas kindly giving me a code for the Wii U version but I just couldn’t get into it. I’d have preferred Steamworld Dig 3, basically.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:13

My opinions aren't that different than anyone else's and also less interesting. Having felt a bit "meh" actually reading through that list, I realised I liked a lot of them:
  • I hope Little Kitty Big City is good, it's in danger of being fun but not as funny as Untitled Goose Game etc. (but hopefully more upbeat than Stray)
  • Antonblast looks funny but probably wishes Pizza Tower hadn't got there first.
  • Europa please be excellent please be excellent please be excellent please be excellent please be excellent please be excellent
  • I actually really liked Stitch - I know it's just a number puzzle game you could get in a newspaper, but the presentation of it makes a big difference
  • Another Crab's Treasure! Yeah! I dunno what else to say
  • SCHiM - now that's the pretentious artsy shit I like

Confused at:
  • Yar's Rising - so this is actually tied in to the Yar's Revenge Atari game? Which was a basic shooter with a surprisingly detailed back story? And now a Metroidvania? About a young human-looking woman? Oh my medication. That might just be in all WayForward contracts though: turn main character into jiggly girl

Unnecessary grumpiness at:
  • As someone enjoying House Flipper, I'm quite happy with games about doing mundane things, but Sticky Business looks like at best a circa-2000 website for pre-schoolers and at worst a "assume credit for other people's work" simulator. And do kids even stick stickers on things any more?
  • Refind Self - now that's the pretentious artsy shit I don't like
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 13:13

I played Refind Self on mobile yesterday as it only £3.99 (£6.99 on steam, I believe) and I seemed to have a Google Play voucher of £3 as well, so only paid 99p.

I quite liked it, though having to play 3 times and not a huge amount to interact with from what I saw, to actually roll credits was tad meh but I don't think you're meant to do all three runs in one go (still that's less 2hrs).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16