We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Rum
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
EofGizmo
Muss
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 21:04

I still like gamey games but Nintendo first party normally gives me that in a way I like.

I was surprised at top 5 as well but more that it isn't the AAA I think off which more lines of Cyberpunk 2077 (mainly as more people can play them) stuff but shows I guess we don't play much of them or rate them highly, along with lack of chat I see about PlayStation exclusives on here.

I'm wondering if the Nintendo one will be mainly Nintendo first party type stuff as well or indies will do well, as you all know my views on Nintendo's 2020 and I can see it being more indie focused vote.

I'm still yet to play Fall Guys, had hopes from the Xbox Game Pass Twitter but seems that was a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 2:51

Balladeer wrote:
As mentioned in the comments, the Post Appreciation Thread is the normally the best way to jog memories... but not so much this year. Sad Anyway: the worst is behind us now, chaps!

I don't think the posts I've voted for have ever been in that thread, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 2:56

I want to play all the Samurai games on PS4. Couldn't care less about TLoU, the first one is so overrated.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 12:45

Eyyyy, chuffed about our winner there! I'm surprised it picked up any other votes besides myself - I don't recall a lot of chatter about it. I suppose that's a byproduct of being a Nintendo focused forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 15:52

Interesting following these votes! I didn't vote myself as I wasn't active here most of the year. If I was going to my top 5 of the year (which just went live on youtube [/plug]) only had one Nontendo game in it in The Last of Us Part II. I think I'd have struggled for a full list but then the nontendo boundary for Switch multiplatforms is always blurry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 18:08

JayMoyles wrote:
Eyyyy, chuffed about our winner there! I'm surprised it picked up any other votes besides myself -  I don't recall a lot of chatter about it. I suppose that's a byproduct of being a Nintendo focused forum!

Final Fantasy VII Remake felt like it come out like the year before, 2020 seemed like such a long year
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 19:46

And now, a short break from awards to give you:

GNew Year's Resolutions
(9 contributors)

Gaming-related:

Forum-related:

Get outta there!:

Creative and sporty:

Finally, stay well:

That's a lot of resolutions, which is great to see.  Obviously everyone here's health, including mental health, should come first.  After that, if you find some time to play more games, do more fun stuff, or just spend a bit more time here - well, that'd be grand. Smile

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 23:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 21:14

Nice to read some of the resolutions and hope everyone smashes them, can't remember if I made any myself but they're probably along the lines of many of the ones above.

JayMoyles wrote:
Eyyyy, chuffed about our winner there! I'm surprised it picked up any other votes besides myself -  I don't recall a lot of chatter about it. I suppose that's a byproduct of being a Nintendo focused forum!

I was the other first place voter, Last of Us Part II is outstanding don't get me wrong but I didn't feel the urge to return to it as frequently as I did Final Fantasy which had me feeling excited as I sat down to play it. To me Remake did everything it set out to do and I'm so pumped for the next part and Last of Us by the end had me exhausted with it (although I think I'd now be ready for more from the series).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 22:35

I can confirm that you did not, Mr. Smurf. None that you shared with the group anyway

Buskalilly wrote:
I don't think the posts I've voted for have ever been in that thread, to be fair.

And they absolutely don't have to be!  It's just there as a guide.  Trouble is, without any sort of shortlist we end up with... well, with this year's Post Award. Neutral I think some structure does help focus the general attention there.

I have finally finished drafting every award post, which means I can come on here and actually talk about games as opposed to dancing the Copy-Paste Minuet every time.  Phew.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 10:20

I think the problem wasn't with GNamer's structure this year but with the structure and fabric of our very reality breaking down. I can't remember who's a nazi and who's a liberal cuck, or what will kill me and what won't, how can I remember a good post about the PS2 having a nice library of B-games?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 11:50

The_Jaster wrote:
Yep that top 5 with one exception is about as triple A as it gets.........clearly more of you need to play stuff like Streets of Rage 4 & THPS 1+2.

...and Crash Bandicoot 4 for that matter, a superb game that everyone shouldn't have missed!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 12:36

Forgot about resolutions as part of the awards as I posted in a old thread my gaming ones, which are

Don't buy a PS5 till 10 physical exclusive games, I currently own 3 games so waiting for Deathloop, Returnal, Horizon 2 etc to come out.

Don't buy a retro console I don't already own eg might pick up a 360 as mines basically broke, I mean not buying a Saturn or N64 or AES for reasons.

Buy less new retail releases games as one point last year I bought Falconeer, Yakuza LAD and Immortals which I've barely played any as I was playing AC Valhalla anyway. Always going to be a sale or a download that comes out where I may get something, I'm talking £40-70 games that I want to keep to like two each pay month, so basically 26 games in 2021.

Play more Switch, picked up an actual Switch that I plan to play more which is some backlog like Age of Calamity and a frontlong to come with likes of Persona 5 Strikers.

All this really goes into BACKLOG pretty much as I've got a lot of games to play, I plan not to get retro for anything I don't have, and with waiting on PS5 and Xbox having a lot of stuff on Game Pass then keep it down of what's added to the front log.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 12:41

Cheers for contributing those Mas! I reckon some of those might be tough for you, especially number 1. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 13:52

masofdas wrote:
a frontlong

Oh I've got one of those, don't you worry.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 14:36

Balladeer wrote:
Cheers for contributing those Mas!  I reckon some of those might be tough for you, especially number 1.  Good luck!

Surely that's the easiest unless he's willing to spend upwards of £1000
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 16:44

I wouldn't buy all 7 games in one go I'd get a PS5 with like 3 or 4 games then once I've finished Horizon 2 then trade that in for Returnal and so on

I just need a bigger library to justify getting a PS5 now then I did at launch as I'm going to play likes of Resident Evil Village on XSX and stuff like Persona 5 Strikers on Switch instead of the one place, that a PS5 for me now is just for the exclusives.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 18:26

Aw, I enjoyed reading those resolutions. Fingers crossed you all smash yours. Grin

Treesmurf wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:

I was the other first place voter, Last of Us Part II is outstanding don't get me wrong but I didn't feel the urge to return to it as frequently as I did Final Fantasy which had me feeling excited as I sat down to play it. To me Remake did everything it set out to do and I'm so pumped for the next part and Last of Us by the end had me exhausted with it (although I think I'd now be ready for more from the series).

Ah wow, nice one! I honestly don't remember chatting to anyone about FFVII:R on here other than Mas, I believe, but glad to hear you dug it as much as I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 19:01

@Treesmurf: I just thought that given his Switch-buying activities, the machine price might not be the biggest problem if there's a game he really wants?  Anyway, back to the awards!

THE FAWFUL AWARD FOR FUNNIEST FORUMITE
(10 votes)

The first of our forumite awards - and maybe the most sought-after?  Who's given a lighter edge to 2020?

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is...:

Next: an old 'favourite' that came out surprisingly well this time around!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2021 - 20:41

You do know me to well and something like Ratchet would tempt me and could cave for it, as I put my refund back in the bank from my previous PS5 but even the Switch just got, I only got because like 15 games (admittedly some I would bought on PlayStation) I would like on it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 12:28

i wasnt being funny about the signature vote, i demand consequences
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 12:51

Cappa's always hovered near the top of this vote. I think its generally the three of us in the running.

masofdas wrote:
I wouldn't buy all 7 games in one go I'd get a PS5 with like 3 or 4 games then once I've finished Horizon 2 then trade that in for Returnal and so on

I thought Smurf's gag was about Playstation scalpers.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 16:25

Buskalilly wrote:
Cappa's always hovered near the top of this vote. I think its generally the three of us in the running.

Just you wait. My 5th place in 2008 is nothing to sniff at.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 18:20

I've been away for a couple of weeks - thanks for whoever voted for my rambling about Captain Blood - a game that no-one should have to know (as a 10 year old, I could've seen space titties! God dammit) and also thanks for voting for me in the funny thing, which I appreciate, but I'm also glad I didn't win in a way, as I think there are several people here who are bloody hillarious, and I'm glad to be involved with so much #bantz with you all.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 19:14

You timed your return well, Jim...

THE THOUSAND-YEAR-DOOR AWARD FOR BEST TAGLINE
(9 votes)

Usually the messiest award, this year it... well it had to be better than 'Post', right?

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is...:

So, yeah. Please give me more tagline ideas, funny people!

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 25 Jan 2021 - 8:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 19:30

Balladeer wrote:
You timed your return well, Jim...

THE THOUSAND-YEAR-DOOR AWARD FOR BEST TAGLINE
(9 votes)

Usually the messiest award, this year it... well it had to be better than 'Post', right?

I shall not have my first GNamer Forum Award discredited in this manner. Bringing the prestige of a GNamer Post of the Year award and the GNamacademy into disrepute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)   yearoftheswitch - The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2020 (THANKS FOR PLAYING!)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next