We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
neil
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 11:39

masofdas wrote:
Did it not?
Nope - that was one of its big "things", that Motion Plus was so good it didn't even need the sensor bar.

Quote :
I know EofGiz misses who is fan of the game (she has ink like you) has dropped the HD remaster, which think she also dropped off due to the controls.
I haven't played it yet, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong, but everyone whose gaming opinion I respect has said its fine.

Quote :
To me feels like the game which was made for the Wii
I can get behind this. Skyward Sword was the game that put a little bow and a full stop on the end of that era of Nintendo, for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 12:38

masofdas wrote:
not just a mad Mas thing.

Mad Mas:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 15:40

Balladeer wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
I'll be getting to NEOTWEWY shortly, it's only that I still had a JRPG in flight in MHS2 + No More Heroes excitement that has pushed it back!

If it's not better than MHS2 I'll eat your hat.

I didn't so much choose to play MHS2 first because I thought it would be better, but because it released first and I knew I definitely wanted to play both regardless. Anyway, I've started NEOTWEWY now by way of the demo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 18:13

I was coming in here to mention joycons were just as good if not better than Motion plus but Buska has already beaten me to it. Thumbs Up!

---

It's a real shame that the majority of folk seem to be against motion controls because if it was picked to be the standard controls for consoles after the wii I think we'd have way more fun/interesting games than we currently do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 19:03

Great work gJones

Going to have disagree but this is based on 10 year memory of Skyward compared to ones from about a month ago.

Maybe I'll fire it up on Wii and start a 3rd save.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 3:52

Polished off my AV2 100% run earlier today and it really was top stuff. (Maybe only play it if you are a fan of the first one though)

Jaster wrote:

Actually a bit worried that Metroid Dread has a tough act to follow come October as well.

I was probably being a tad over the top with this statement here, as Metroid will likely better it when it comes to action and boss fights but I think AV2's story and world exploration might still have the edge. Also when you realise it's all been created by one person yet again you really do have to marvel at it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 13:19

The_Jaster wrote:
It's a real shame that the majority of folk seem to be against motion controls because if it was picked to be the standard controls for consoles after the wii I think we'd have way more fun/interesting games than we currently do.
]

I don't think I'd want them for everything, but I wish it was way more standardised for shooting to include a pointer option along with a twin-stick option.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 14:00

I remember disliking the motion controls on BOTW, but that's a personal preference. I do like motion controls for things like Wii Sports and party games. I'm alright with the Wii pointer style shooting, which does about as good a job as anything in terms of emulating that classic arcade shooter experience #GHOSTSQUAD. I do find that hybrid aim assist style of shooting in Splatoon a bit awkward so I usually turn that off.

The Switch is an interesting case because you could obviously be playing it during a commute, whereby you probably don't want to be waving the console about or having your aim mucked up by a bump in the road. Although you could equally argue that you should just play something else on the road.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 14:12

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
]

I don't think I'd want them for everything, but I wish it was way more standardised for shooting to include a pointer option along with a twin-stick option.

Aye that's fair, it just feels like wasted potential to me & I was thinking how Splatoon does it is probably the best middle ground of motion & buttons.

Muss wrote:

I remember disliking the motion controls on BOTW, but that's a personal preference. I do like motion controls for things like Wii Sports and party games. I'm alright with the Wii pointer style shooting, which does about as good a job as anything in terms of emulating that classic arcade shooter experience #GHOSTSQUAD. I do find that hybrid aim assist style of shooting in Splatoon a bit awkward so I usually turn that off.

The Switch is an interesting case because you could obviously be playing it during a commute, whereby you probably don't want to be waving the console about or having your aim mucked up by a bump in the road. Although you could equally argue that you should just play something else on the road.

Ahh Muss is clearly giving himself a handicap so it doesn't beat up Splatoon kids too much. Winky Face

Those are good points though and I'm not saying totally bin button only controls but motion should be default option with buttons as a secondary choice.

EDIT: or just give me this thing. (Also maybe don't watch that vid past a minute unless you want to see a white guy throw out phrases like "it's ya boi" & "wack content" Laughing )

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:50

I'm with the general 'more motion controls please' crowd, especially now that everyone who has a Switch secretly has something as good if not better (according to Buska and Jas - fair enough, not sure I'm savvy enough to tell!) than Motion+ in every controller.  I'd be up for Skyward Sword 2: the Motion of Anachronism or whatever.  Just make the underworld continuous and give us more enemy variety.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I didn't so much choose to play MHS2 first because I thought it would be better, but because it released first and I knew I definitely wanted to play both regardless. Anyway, I've started NEOTWEWY now by way of the demo!

Fair enough.  I've seen that you're enjoying it, OrangeMKN. Winky Face

Buskalilly wrote:
Quote :
If it's not better than MHS2 I'll eat your hat.
I'm looking at the Wiki here and it doesn't seem to feature any Gammoths at all, so I'd be mixing up some hat-eating sauce if I were you.

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 Day_6_TAKE_2_Screenshot_2021-07-29_21-10-39

Game and set.

Rum wrote:
This is exactly the kind of reaction I would have expected from you. Ys is a bit ham-fisted with low production values (the textures in IX are gash) but I like it because it's campy and doesn't take itself too seriously. And no game was going to have a chance straight after your current GOTY.

I'm happy to acknowledge that I tried it at just the wrong time!  Anyway, I think the JRPG onslaught is finally calming down (I played Bravely 2 and Vesperia and Ikenfell all this year Shifty ), so hopefully I get a decent break and can come back to it and try to embrace the campyness.  As long as the underlying mechanics are more interesting than DQXI it's probably still got a decent chance.  I liked previous Vita RPG Digimon Cyber Sleuth, after all!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 9 Sep 2021 - 12:43

While technically better I don't think the joy-cons are as good a form factor as the wiimote for swinging around. I preferred the IR pointing of the wiimote to gyro aiming as well as it was more stable once calibrated. I'm still keen for motion controls despite being a primarily handheld player - I played Mario Odyssey and No More Heroes 1/2/3 on TV just for the motion controls being superior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:00

Right, I know I'm butting in, but having read all this, my opinion is: if motion controls became the standard, I'd have to find a new hobby.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:19

Playing every BBC Micro game
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:22

I said a NEW hobby
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 11:24

That was the joke
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 12 Sep 2021 - 20:02

So was that Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 19:05

Don't worry Jim, there are some genres I can't see ever being touched - visual novels for example...

Real talk, though: why do you dislike motion controls so much? Don't get me wrong, I get being annoyed at bad motion controls, or motion controls where they expect you to throw your whole body into it (although I'm not sure I know a single one of those outside party games); but you seem to be against the whole concept. What's wrong with 'em?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 7:36

The answer to the question "why don't you like motion controls" is always "I have weak puny arms because I don't lift".
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 20:55

Yes, but - I have weak puny arms because I don't lift, and I like motion controls. Meh
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 18:57

Mad how Cruis'n Blast has come out from nowhere to become THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 19:26

If it had online then it might have been.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:12

Who are you to doubt the great Cruis'n Blast?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 21:03

I watched a video on it the other night and it does look like great fun! Big Excite Truck vibes which I regret not buying back in the mid 2000's.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 8:58

I'm struggling to decide what to play next as I've played a lot of heavy RPGs lately, and not even on Switch. I'm sort of leaning towards Captain Toad at the moment. Never did finish that on Wii U...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 20:31

(thumps fists rhythmically) NE-O TWE-WY!  NE-O TWE-WY!  NE-O TWE-WY!

I'm with you, I think I've played four JRPGs this year on Switch alone.  Three of them were enormous (the other was the indie Ikenfell, which I've got a lot of time for but which didn't take a lot of time thankfully).  I've got Ys VIII still waiting in the wings as well, and every so often The Lady reminds me that I still have the other story of Digimon Cyber Sleuth to go.  And now Ni No Kuni 2 is getting decent reviews as well! No Hopefully things will let up on that front next year...

Spoiler:

ARGH

I am, incidentally, swapping between four-five games at the moment.  For once, none of them are JRPGs!  (I don't count MonHun Rise.)  It's almost a good thing WarioWare didn't keep me busy for too long.  Almost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 7 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next