Splatoon... Splatoon... SPLATOOOOON

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Rotating Platform
Jimbob

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:13

Has anyone else played Rogue Legacy? I know there's naturally a bit of an attritional thing as you build up funds for your future generations, but I can only ever last a couple of screens and the first boss always totals me. Am I just bad at video games now?
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Treesmurf
Snack Review
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:29

I played it a while ago before I was even aware of what a rougelike was, I was exactly the same and gave up on it. I reckon Jay or Jas would have played it and got somewhere though if anyone here has.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2022 - 21:19

Funnily enough I did recently download it & slay the spire to try over remote play on my phone but I got carried away with runs on the latter.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 19:02

Balladeer wrote:
I'm amazed that you like the Earthbound-alike RPG Jay. Winky Face Omori's on my wishlist, ready for a rainy day.  How you find it could change when that rainy day is!

Shocker, right? Laughing

I'll reserve a full review for when I get around to the other route (it's a bit like Undertale in that there's a true route which gives a satisfying ending and a much darker alternate route for those that are really keen for more) but I have to say I bloody loved it. I haven't stopped thinking about the story and how it all panned out since I beat it on Wednesday evening. I loved the writing, the characters and the combat really grew on me in the later stages of the game as you unlocked more abilities, which was very much in the vein of Mother 3. The artstyle was bloody beautiful too. I think the only thing that I could say would be a turn-off for fans of the genre would be that it's certainly a dark game and even tries to be scary at points too, but it didn't bother me as I don't find horror in these sorts of games to be scary in the same vein as a first person 3D horror game. It's definitely dark though in a way that the Mother series or Undertale isn't, but I think it almost has to be considering the subject matter it's dealing with.

It's an easy 10/10 for me.

Jimbob wrote:
Has anyone else played Rogue Legacy? I know there's naturally a bit of an attritional thing as you build up funds for your future generations, but I can only ever last a couple of screens and the first boss always totals me. Am I just bad at video games now?

Yes, I've played it and beaten it. I think much like most roguelikes there comes a moment where everything sort of clicks and you find yourself getting further and further in the game. I definitely remember struggling in the early bits of that game though and remember the first boss being a pain too. That's the big eyeball lad, right?

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 21:07

Ooft, that's a recommendation and a half! Shocked Might be next on the list! (Well actually Tunic is probably next on the list, but after that.) I don't mind and in fact quite like dark and creepy, it's jump scares I hate.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 14:19

I'm playing a few things

Splatoon 3 which is good but is missing that certain je ne sais quoi, I can see me when I redo my Top 30 Switch in March replacing Splatoon 2 with this and moving it down a few places. #TeamGear

VoC Beasts of Burden, I'm on Chapter 3 or good 4.5hrs into it and so far I am liking especially the monster card battling. Yet I do think VoC Maiden at the moment is the better one of the two I've played, but reviews would place VoC BoB as the best of three, make of that what you will.

DioField Chronicles now this might sound as I downloaded the demo on Monday for the game to turn up on Thursday, just to give me a head start. It's a decent head start as the demo is chapter 1 which took me like 4hrs to finish and does give me Fire Emblem x maybe a XCOM (You only have 4 units) vibes, and is my go-to sort game at the moment on Switch.

You may be thinking why did I just play the demo now, it goes to like what Jay and Rum saying elsewhere along with previous experience as I could have played like a month ago liked it then when the game came out not have a scooby what I'm doing. Had this with Bravely Default II, played the demo liked it, ordered the game then couldn't really get into it after leaving that long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder   What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch 2: Play Harder
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16