The Delta Plus variant of GNamer spreads twice as fast - that's two new users a year!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON

Go down 
+6
masofdas
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:25

Nobody should care about my opinion on Splatoon - but I agree with Buska, I was a little disappointed to see that it all looked very familiar in world design. After the first trailer's upside-down Eiffel Tower and epic scope I hoped they might do something different, even open-worldy, with the one-player. This trailer seemed to shoot that in the head.

@Balladeer wrote:
Sure, but I can't see it being the main object of their attention, which I think it would have to be if it was to be a big sprawling open-world-ish adventure.

In other words, sad to see this come true.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:16

@The_Jaster wrote:
You might be right but I think the trailer still keeps it vague enough to be something different compared the first two games. Also I mostly want to know if the mech & grapple hooks things for the multiplayer are some sort of new game mode or abilities attached to certain weapons.

They looked like new supers to me, which is cool. I wonder if they'll rework it or keep to individual weapons having set side weapons and supers?

I also hope we get some cool mech and ink-stretching sequences in the campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 13:56

Aye, Mech single player levels would be quality!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 12:07

I really need to play the DLC campaign for Splatoon 2 after being a bit disappointed with the base singleplayer (which I never finished, compared to Splatoon 1's which I found a pleasant surprise in how good it was!)

To me that comes down to how inventive it is and how much it throws new ideas at you. Splatoon 1 was constant, 2 was a little more repetitive I think. I hear good things about the DLC though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:03

The Octo Expansion is by far the best singleplayer Splatoon content.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:08

I never played splatwoots as I didn't have the Internet for it at the time. Weirdly my Wii U also wouldn't work online at my home in the middle of nowhere so I played the original at buskas!

I'm just hoping something terrible won't happen that messes up the Web in nottingham when this drops!

That aside I'm weirdly not very pumped about this. I don't have a good reason why.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:51

I'm guessing because that trailer made it look more similar to the last game than is the case with many Nintendo franchises.  It never really held water (or ink), but Nintendo's 'we won't do another F-Zero until we can think of some interesting ideas for it' argument looks weaker with every watch of this trailer.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 5:39

I've a feeling that F-Zero quote has been mistranslated and taken out of context over the years. The sad truth is, it's probably "we're not spending money on another F-Zero until we have an idea that will sell!".

I'm excited for this as I play a decent amount of Splatoon, but I'd be more pumped, and I'm sure the likes of Muss would be too, if we were still at the period in our lives where we could guarantee a good number of sessions with our pals when something like this releases.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 13:03

@Buskalilly wrote:
The Octo Expansion is by far the best singleplayer Splatoon content.

Yeah but it's hard to find the motivation to buy DLC. Would have been more likely to play it if it was a standalone game Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 13:55

@Buskalilly wrote:
I've a feeling that F-Zero quote has been mistranslated and taken out of context over the years. The sad truth is, it's probably "we're not spending money on another F-Zero until we have an idea that will sell!".

I'm excited for this as I play a decent amount of Splatoon, but I'd be more pumped, and I'm sure the likes of Muss would be too, if we were still at the period in our lives where we could guarantee a good number of sessions with our pals when something like this releases.

It could be a mistranslation. It could also have been accurate at the time but decision making has changed since then. My thoughts are that the idea was it wouldn't sell. Still mad we haven't seen an HD port of GX imo. Although I'm also mad that there aren't just loads of Gamecube games on the store as well.

You're right, I probably would be more excited to play it local if that were a thing I could do though. I'll probably get two copies so I can play with my girlfriend this way. There is a magic to the turf wars that no other shooter has and I'm sure we'll have a few online sessions too.

If nothing else, it'll be nice to hear those super cool Splatoon beats again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 14:06

@Buskalilly wrote:
@The_Jaster wrote:
You might be right but I think the trailer still keeps it vague enough to be something different compared the first two games. Also I mostly want to know if the mech & grapple hooks things for the multiplayer are some sort of new game mode or abilities attached to certain weapons.

They looked like new supers to me, which is cool. I wonder if they'll rework it or keep to individual weapons having set side weapons and supers?

Nintendo have now confirmed in tweets that these are the special weapons (the ones you get when you fill up the ink gauge) so I think the loadout system will stay the same.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 14:33

Yeah, saw the stream of tweets, that from our conversation elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the March game if Nintendo releasing one themselves that month over Bayo 3.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Fan Petition
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 8:36

Saw the trailer for this last week, and it finally convinced me that I need to give Splatoon 2 a go to catch up. I got the Octo Expansion DLC last week for cheaps in the sale, so I will be getting the base game very shortly.

The multiplayer is almost meaningless to me, but this story stuff seems to be bubbling in scope and I'm interested to see what it has to offer.

(I too would've loved to have seen a boxed, separate release of the DLC!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: