We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic

Go down 
+7
neil
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
masofdas
Rum
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 18:32

Buskalilly wrote:
Speaking of the Nintendo thing, what are the plans for Discord or what-have-you?

If it's anything like last time, if I join the Discord I'll spend the entire time trying to focus on the stream and the chat and then fail to take in any of the games and fail to contribute anything to the conversation Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 1f636
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:39

Can I join the Discord? Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 1f63d
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 21:49

It's probably not my place to say Neil, I've barely used it because I don't play Among Us so I only turn up there once a year at E3 time.

Urge to hype... rising...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 10:53

No worries, I thought it was a special E3 one for the forum. I'm not an Among Us guy either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jun 2021 - 10:57

I'm not sure who is admin but reckon you could be added and doesn't look like its been used for awhile anyway, maybe E3 it will get used.

Battlefield 2042 trailer landed at 4pm not 3pm, hopefully I've got the other times right.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jun 2021 - 16:04

Summer Game Fest was last night was more than I thought would be shown and found funny Geoff didn't mention E3 once even though he was like this summer Xbox have a showcase.

There was some decent looking indies etc but really for me it was Death Stranding Directors Cut which I'm hoping the trailer and recent Ratchet stuff are teasing some PlayStation things like the much rumoured MGS Remake.

Tales of Arise looked good, only thing is Scarlet Nexus is this month and will they be too similar.

Then Elden Ring, which I shouldn't be excited about with my track record with Souls games, yet it looked so good. Maybe it being January and could be quiet month or so, I could put more time into it.

Edit

Watched Tribeca that was good as I liked the look of most of the games but stuff like 12 Minutes still didn't get dated.

Koch Media may had the worse event ever as it was 2hrs with just one game shown and just talking, least the infamous Konami one was funny.

IGN Expo I watched after the Football and Koch, was some neat looking things but was mainly cgi trailers.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:00

neil wrote:
No worries, I thought it was a special E3 one for the forum. I'm not an Among Us guy either.

If you'd like a Discord channel to chat on I could always ping you an invite to Chris Scullion's channel?  Mas and I are on there.

I've heard entertaining things about the Koch Media showcase.  Otherwise there's not been much for me.  Sad but not surprised that the next Tales game will skip the Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:12

I think we've had some indies etc that are coming to Switch, just combing through all the event's so far to find what's coming to Switch and then for you.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:14

That is very good of you Mas and, unless you're doing it for some other purpose as well, I wouldn't want you to spend valuable time on it. Smile I'm sure I'll find out about anything that's for me somehow! Still pondering Sky.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 15:26

I'm keen for Sky because thatgamecompany and have told you about Journey but it's a port of a mobile game which uses some sort of season system which is tied to making money.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 17:20

masofdas wrote:
I think we've had some indies etc that are coming to Switch, just combing through all the event's so far to find what's coming to Switch and then for you.

Balladeer wrote:
That is very good of you Mas and, unless you're doing it for some other purpose as well, I wouldn't want you to spend valuable time on it. Smile I'm sure I'll find out about anything that's for me somehow!  Still pondering Sky.

Using this site and it's various filters would probably help you a bunch then.

https://2021.e3recap.com/
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 17:45

Ooh, big cheers for that Jas! Grin Found a few trailers to watch!

- Demon Turf is looking a fair bit better, although the people in the trailer needed to stop talking;
- Arietta of Spirits looks like a cute 2D Zelda which is always a recommendation;
- Unbound: Worlds Apart looks nice but it's coming out awful soon and the trailer gives bugger-all as to how it plays;
- Rubi: The Wayward Mira has strong Celeste vibes to its characters, but I'm yet to see anything that elevates it above other games in its genre;
- Finally, I don't know if Trifox is going to have co-op or is going to be procgen or what. I'm theoretically interested but need to know more.

...that turned out a bit more pessimistic than I intended. Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 1f605
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 18:59

Neat site Jas as seems to have all shows not just E3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:11

Yeh, I found out about it a few years ago when I started to not watch the main conferences as much & it means I don't have to sift through multiple sites to find all the new games that get announced.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 22:41

I watched a bit of Ubi’s show. Not generally a fan but Riders Republic looked great! I missed Rabbids 2 but never made it past World 1 of the first.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 13:23

Yesterday we had
Guerrilla Collective, Wholesome Direct, Future Of Play, Ubisoft Forward, Devolver, Gearbox, UploadVR

Some neat things in the first three if you like an indie.

Ubisoft was odd as if I just write down what was shown I'm keen for R6 Extraction, Riders Republic and Mario + Rabbids, yet I didn't need to see that much gameplay of them or the TV stuff.

Devolver didn't show many games I'm interested in, but an amazing showing. Which Gearbox followed that up and tried to be funny, however it was awful and if Koch wasn't at this year's E3 then this would be the worst event.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 14:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 14:01

This is your irregular reminder that UbiSoft fostered a culture that allowed sexual abusers to thrive, only did anything about it when they were caught, and that the man who allowed that culture is still there and has only apologised in the vaguest terms. In addition to all the other shit they do. As a wise man once said, 'UbiSoft are jerks and their games can do one.'

Anyway! The Wholesome Direct seemed to have a whole bunch of interesting things for Switch (list here!), but I do worry that a lot of them might be a bit challenge-free. Here Comes Niko!, Kokopa's Atlas, KeyWe (genius name), and The Outbound Ghost are all intriguing, although I'm still dubious about Here Comes Niko!'s art style. I'd be up for Loddlenauts if it ever came to Switch, because axolotls are great.

Meanwhile Devolver's doing the weird 'only physical, only for a limited time' thing that's surely only going to encourage piracy.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 15:54

Well said about Ubi
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 16:19

Cheers Neil, I figured you were one of the good ones. Smile It's a real shame too: before the scandal broke Ubi were probably my second favourite third-party publisher behind Capcom. I really enjoyed Rayman Legends and Child of Light, I respected Mario + Rabbids, and under different management I'd like to try Immortals and Scott Pilgrim. Alas.

We'll see if you still say the same when you've seen me post it for the umpteenth time. Shifty I do feel it needs doing though. The games press and gamers would like to move on and play the games they enjoy, and I do get that: if it were Nintendo's conflict mineral usage I'd want to do the same. However sexual assault (combined with all the other usual triple-A bollocks) is something Ubi needs to make real obvious progress on before anyone should move on from it, and the first step there is almost certainly getting rid of the man under whose leadership it all happened.

Anyway, onto cheerier stuff: The Lady is looking forward to lots of WRPG goodness from XBox and Bethesda tonight (from a Fable and Obsidian perspective mostly). Can't say I understand it, but there you go... There's also the PC Gaming Show but I've warned her about how exciting* it's been in the past
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 16:35

My view on Ubisoft is it the studio doing M+R, maybe it was someone there that I don't know and I don't want to tar everyone with same brush.

This is the issue with a big publisher, they did highlight a LGBTQ game and that, sure doesn't make up for what happened at Ubisoft.

Lady will be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 21:47

Oh my God there are too many now and there's other stuff going on and I couldn't keep up. Definitely using that E3 Recap website, many thanks.

Might do an EDIT on this - er, it's basically a transcript of my nonsense so far

Watched the Wholesome Direct - as a really old-school gamer I think there's still too much "killing things as a default mechanic" in games. There were definitely some lovely things there (OMG KeyWe you guys) - but a few too many slow-paced RPGs where you play someone looking back through their life. No thanks, the real world's got enough shit to deal with at the mo.

Watching through Guerilla stuff now - there's too much to take in! Although I realise again that a lot of these I'd already seen in the indie World Nintendo thing. Although I'm contractually required to sing the praises of Ynglet, made by Nifflas of Knytt Underground and Affordable Space Adventures fame. No wait - Super Space Club - that's a game I really wanted to make myself, as seemingly the only Solar Jetman fan left.

Ah, I'm finding they overlap a lot here - Day of the Devs, I recognise all that.

I don't know who TriBeCa are, but they showed Kena Bridge of Spirits, so that's nice! Harold Halibut also looks interesting - although I fear that putting all that work into a stop-motion clay model environment might not be worth it (a buddy of mine is playing Trüberbrook at the moment and that has the same issue). I've already heard 8 billion things saying Sable is the next new best thing ever - but stay stuck a shit song in their trailer so... Neutral

Oh, hey, it got really easy to skip over the conferences by the big publishers, who knew. Right - note to self, Squeenix had just finished at this stage. Although I am happy for JRPG folks that they might be sorting out the first six Final Fantasies properly.

Blimey - I sort of just want to get on to talking about Nintendo things at this stage! Although I am probably looking forward to that nice Mr. Plott doing the PC Gaming show.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 9:01

So, has the Xbox E3 event happened? Was it a complete washout or what? Did they show anything good?

Edit -
Halo, Starfield and Forza, plus some multiplats, ok
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 9:22

Xbox was really good might because everyone else has been so bad but they showed 31 games (I believe) with 28 of them being on Game Pass.

Which they had exclusives like Forza Horizon 5 coming this year (told you Jay), some indies and 3rd party stuff which sure you can get on PS4/5 yet the steady stream of them coming to Game Pass especially likes of Back 4 Blood being a £50rrp multiplayer centric game being in the service can only be a good thing.

Square Enix on the other hand started out okay with Guardians of the Galaxy game that the Avengers game should have been, even if I had fun with that. Then Square went down and sure they showed Final Fantasy Origin but all looked very rough.

Jas might be right to skip stuff as only couple of the indie streams and Xbox been worth watching, the others I don't know why they even showed up as if you got nothing to show then why show up. Yet it's a fun time having a chat in different discords all about it etc and football at the moment, so still fun week off.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:49

masofdas wrote:

Which they had exclusives like Forza Horizon 5 coming this year (told you Jay)

Skim watched the Xbox conference this morning and genuinely went "ah for fuck's sake" when I saw it was Horizon that was revealed instead of Motorsport. Laughing

I'm very much enjoying that a lot of conferences have opted for the trailer after trailer route without going for too much in the way of fluff on stage. Gets us to the stuff we want to see quicker.

Elden Ring has been the standout for me thus far - there were some good looking titles shown off at Xbox's event but a lot of them were exclusives, which means I'll likely never play them. As for Nintendo tomorrow, I'm keen for some voice chats with y'all during the Direct. In regards to my expectations, I'm thinking we'll see some gameplay of BotW 2 but naturally it'll be a 2022 release date. I think we'll hear about a new Fire Emblem for next year as well - Tellius remakes please - and we'll probably see more on the new Pokémon Legends game coming out. A couple of nice wee surprises on top of that and I'll be a happy lad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:08

Xbox actually had event before E3 and they're expanding cloud plans that soon basically be able to play Xbox anywhere with Internet and a screen, just your Internet needs to be up to it.

Think though the Series S will do very well as a console being £250 then having stuff like Starfield only on it, in a £10 sub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic   Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Summer Direct and E3 2021 Topic
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next