We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Rum
Jimbob
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 7:35

I had almost forgotten this, then my pal Matty got me a copy for my birthday. We fired it up and, in lieue of a 4-player mode, we took turns running through the campaign in 2-man teams. The character aspect makes it feel like more of a traditional game than a lot of prior WWs did, and it isn't quite as fun and intuitive, but a good time was had.

The experience reminded me of loading up Smooth Moves in Newcastle and then realising we could only do pass-the-pad singleplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 16:41

Maybe you've seen this WarioWare: Get It Together tweet doing the rounds this weekend:

As I've been getting into it more and more, I can see how it's been made with a lot of care and attention. There's tons of smart little touches like this right throughout the game. On balance, it's quite a bit better than I initially thought.

Anybody else still enjoying this?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:55

Ah, that is pretty clever!  Still probably not enough to sway my opinion on the game as a whole, though - although I'm playing through the campaign a second time with The Lady and it is a bit more fun when there are two of you.  (I'm also picking random characters... up to a point, if I get saddled with 9-Volt and Kat I re-roll.)

Does anybody have any particular favourite characters?  Or most hated?  At the other end of the spectrum to those two, I'm really quite fond of 5-Volt.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 10:47

I personally enjoyed playing as the aformentioned Penny, that level in particular probably played a big part though, that song is so good. 9-Volt and Kat & Ana however are not great, the latter may improve when playing in 2 player but I really disliked any that make me wait to do an action.

Has anyone had chance to properly try the multiplayer? I'm hoping to get a go of it soon after some of my friends shown an interest but it's got big boots to fill if it wants to rival the Cube game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 14:53

I’ve been enjoying this most with randomising all eighteen characters. Kat and 9-Volt are probably two of my least favourites as well, their awkward movement makes gameplay too much about timing. Not as many of the microgames adapt well with that style as they should. Most others I find fairly entertaining to use, but I think Orbulon and Mona are especially clever. The characters you dive back into the game world to save are really good fun to mess about with as well.

I’ve not tried the multiplayer, and I don’t think I’ll get a chance to unless it’s at some kind of meet-up or gaming event. My friends are rubbish, that’s why.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 16:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

It definitely has it's moments but I don't think it will be one that I'll return to that often, the games that unlock are skewed towards multiplayer which I won't get a chance to play & the single player ones that are there don't quite have the same draw as the absolute classic Paper plane mode.

---

Also I might of missed this but can you even try individual microgames on their own?

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 22:31

The_Jaster wrote:

It definitely has it's moments but I don't think it will be one that I'll return to that often, the games that unlock are skewed towards multiplayer which I won't get a chance to play & the single player ones that are there don't quite have the same draw as the absolute classic Paper plane mode.

---

Also I might of missed this but can you even try individual microgames on their own?

Aye, those single-player unlockable games aren't up to much, and that's especially disappointing when they were genuine highlights in other games. I think Paper Plane even got it's own release on DSiWare back in the day.

You can play the microgames on their own, in the Play-o-Pedia on the main menu Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 22:42

That's really disappointing to hear about the singleplayer games, I was hoping for good things Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 23:51

The_Jaster wrote:

---

Aye, those single-player unlockable games aren't up to much, and that's especially disappointing when they were genuine highlights in other games. I think Paper Plane even got it's own release on DSiWare back in the day.

You can play the microgames on their own, in the Play-o-Pedia on the main menu Thumbs Up!

Cheers! I think I'll go over the story once more to get the microgames I haven't seen yet & then maybe see what hi scores I can get on each microgame as I always liked doing that in the previous games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 19:43

I played Friendless Battle once and got bored with it.  Not tried the others, but based on Cappa's glowing verdicts it sounds like that's just as well.

Treesmurf wrote:
I personally enjoyed playing as the aformentioned Penny, that level in particular probably played a big part though, that song is so good. 9-Volt and Kat & Ana however are not great, the latter may improve when playing in 2 player but I really disliked any that make me wait to do an action.

Has anyone had chance to properly try the multiplayer? I'm hoping to get a go of it soon after some of my friends shown an interest but it's got big boots to fill if it wants to rival the Cube game.

Penny feels like she's deliberately a high-difficulty character.  I do like the song (less so since it took up residence in my head two days ago Hissy fit ) but Penny herself is fiddly.  Still worth it for the music, although Tomorrow Hill remains my favourite WarioWare song.

As for multiplayer, I've played the campaign in co-op.  It's more fun (or rather, more chaotic, which is the same thing) than in single-player, but hardly a game-seller.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2021 - 20:49

I think it's important to know when to hover when playing as Penny as it's better to use her water cannon to complete the games rather than with her movement.  

----

Also I did play a bit more of this last night after I posted and found what I think might be a neat wee single microgame challenge, as 5-volt only see how far you can get on the Mermaid tears game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021 - 21:02

I finally got this, and got round to it. It's alright - I think a problem is that, for a newly-discovered microgame, you spend half the time looking for your character rather than observing the new world. Still funny though.

Actually, all the supporting cast is great, and I really want a spin-off game with any of them.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021 - 4:28

Jimbob wrote:
Actually, all the supporting cast is great, and I really want a spin-off game with any of them.

Get Platinum on the phone to make a game about Kat and Ana.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021 - 19:37

Get the Fatal Frame lot to make an Ashley spin-off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 8:56

Last night, after having travelled to the countryside on the back of a heap of negative LFTs, I played a couple of rounds of this with my sister.  We were both quite bad and we had a brilliant time.  'Where am I?  What am I doing?  Am I the fish?'  That sort of yelling.  It felt more like the true WarioWare spirit than anything I've previously experienced in this game.

I guess that's the problem: like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Nintendo have once again sacrificed single-player on the altar of local co-op.  When you have that friend to yell with it's brilliant, but not many of us do at the moment, and without that friend it feels a bit lifeless.

(My sister also loves What The Golf? I've taught her well.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 7:27

I definitely enjoyed it more on that first night in multiplayer than I did in single player, but I'm glad Nintendo are making this dying breed of game, even if it is an awkward time for it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2023 - 16:20

We don't have a thread for Move It!, and while I suppose that makes sense, my first impressions of that game today are that it does what Get It Together! tried to do (in that it's a great two-player time) but a lot better.  It harks back to Smooth Moves in a big way with its form baton stuff, but also throws in a whole bunch of two-person microgames.  It's a really fun time if you've got somebody else in the same room to play it with who's up for it.  I get the feeling that's not most of you, but e.g. Smurf and Lyla should consider it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 9:13

I adore that game! Mercy and I had friends round for a lasagne party and we had a rip-roaring four-man session. She's begged me to take it to Mexico so we can get her family on it.

It's even better than Smooth Moves, which only had pass-the-pad multiplayer for its primary microgames.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 9:50

It was always on the radar for me but when I got a big ol' Amazon Voucher from work just before Christmas it made sense to treat myself to this after hearing Luke's praise for it over on Game Game Show. Haven't played it yet but have family round later so will insist they play it till they can't take any more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 10:02

Treesmurf wrote:
It was always on the radar for me but when I got a big ol' Amazon Voucher from work just before Christmas it made sense to treat myself to this after hearing Luke's praise for it over on Game Game Show.
Officially better than Spider-Man 2.
Andy wrote:
WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 604187197220b8d0c3d49958a31aed8ace1501a6
Quote :
Haven't played it yet but have family round later so will insist they play it till they can't take any more.
Seriously though, one big session like that with family will jsutify the price. It's a great laugh.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 9:51

My 'one big session like that with the family' has been ruined by two of my Joy-Cons suddenly coming down with won't-connect-to-the-Switch-itis. Aww! To be fair I've had some of these for a while, but coming from Nintendo the build quality of these things is disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 15:47

WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 8b00yn
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 10:19

I exclusively play with the Pro Controller now as my Joycons are long past gubbed. I hope it's something Nintendo have really considered for Switch 2!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 18:48

I made a start on Move It! a couple of weeks ago and finished it's story mode right before the New Year, and I feel like I’m missing out quite a bit by not having another gamer to play locally with. I also think the motion controls are a bit dubious at times. It’s the exact same feeling as I had with Samba de Amigo Party Central earlier in 2023, in that I question how and why the JoyCon technology isn’t capturing my gestures with any more accuracy than the Wii Remote did over fifteen years ago. That said it’s still fun and funny stuff, and an undoubted improvement on Get It Together.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 13:50

I thought the motion controls on the Samba de amigo demo were pretty good, sometimes you need to calibrate them in the system settings as they can get off set from various signal interference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!   WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WarioWare: Move It! & Get It Together!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next