We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
gjones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 9:06

A very fair top 5 I'd say, quite surprised about number 4, not because I think it doesn't deserve the spot but just because I didn't think many played it, still I guess it was rated very highly by those that did, as the only one in the top 5 I've not played it's definitely on the to do list. I was quite surprised at number 3, didn't think it left that much of an impression on people, I know I've barely thought about it since finishing it. Completely justified winner, it wasn't my first place but I think if I'd gotten my head around it a bit more it would have been.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 9:43

I'm guessing the three people who voted Balla, Jay and Andy. Whom I'm guessing is what he might have meant about voting for games he didn't play on Switch, also why might not seen much chat about it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 10:47

I've not played Number 4 innit, my non Switch Switch votes were Deaths Door, Disco Elysium and Ys 9.

I do want to try it, but I can only play so many JRPGs in a year and I did play P5, Ryza, Ys9 as well as parts of Bravely Default 2 & Trails of Cold Steel 2 last year (and that's only super pure JRPGs) off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 11:25

I've only played Snap and Rise of the games that placed. There are others I'm interested in for sure but I've really fallen out of love with the Switch Sad

It's still a great little machine, but I live in a flat with two rooms now so if one of us wants the main TV there's still another room with a screen in it for the other, so it's been nice getting to play more games on other platforms without feeling like I'm hogging all the space. The Switch is more a binge machine for me now, where I'll play that Nintendo exclusive game a lot.

Still I'm glad Rise won. I think it would be fair to say it's the game that's seen the most play time and discussion across the forum over the past year, and there's a whole lot of quality in that play time too. When I was into that game, I was really into it. My interest in playing it has waned a bit over time but it'll come back strong with the DLC undoubtedly. I'd have to think about it, but aside from Hades and Disco Elysium, I think Rise would be my top Switch game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 12:22

Solid top 5, that. I am chuffed to see the lack of ports in our top 5 - in a sparser year, they'd have charted highly I'd imagine.

I am curious who was the third voter for game number 4. I know two of them were myself and Balla... reveal yourself, mystery person!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 16:04

I did vote for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury purely for the Bowser's Fury part but I usually avoid ports for these votes, Skyward Sword would have probably been my number one if I didn't. I also voted two games I didn't play on Switch (Death's Door and Chicory) but I could have easily filled those slots with other stuff from Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 18:03

Replying to a load of posts that I absolutely cannot be arsed multi-quoting:

• I hadn’t thought about how much I enjoy JayMoyles’ “unpredictable bursts of replying to a 100 threads” until someone else pointed it out here. It’s almost Nintendo Direct-esque, when you wait for weeks without any news or chat and then – BOOF! – everything avalanches on you at once.

• That Mario Golf: Super Rush dishonourable mention is possibly the harshest use of that word I’ve ever read or heard, and even if I thought the game was fairly all right…it’s actually kind of true.

• 2021 was a great year for Switch! Cruis’n Blast, the NeoGeo Pocket version of Neo Turf Masters, and some other things.

• Alphabetical or not, 1. is exactly where 18 Wheeler belongs on any list.

• I’ve waited for a Cyber Shadow sale, but I don’t think it’s been reduced often, or by much more than a pound or two. I’ll loop back round to it someday, it sounds exactly like my sort of thing.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 21:32

The_Jaster wrote:
I probably should've said a few words on these so let's do that now.

I was actually going to ask if you fancied doing this. I'm sure everybody knows what MHR's about, but Cyber Shadow, not so much. So, thanks! Although you might have snuffed out the very last chance of me picking up Axiom Verge 2. Laughing

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I do want to try it, but I can only play so many JRPGs in a year and I did play P5, Ryza, Ys9 as well as parts of Bravely Default 2 & Trails of Cold Steel 2 last year (and that's only super pure JRPGs) off the top of my head.

Pfft, amateur. Tongue I can say that I preferred NEOTWEWY to Ys IX and BD2 of that lot at least!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 21:35

Yeah but I haven't played the original TWEWY properly either, so it wasn't exactly a must play in that regard either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 21:50

It is very hard for me to dissociate for my own situation (enjoyed TWEWY but not overly, i.e. the sweet spot for enjoying NEO TWEWY) and say whether people would enjoy it or not without the context of the first one, but I think so. That lovely battle system is lovely whether or not you played the original, and most of the best characters in the sequel are all-new. I can't think that any RPG fan would come away from it not having enjoyed themselves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 1:33

Cappucino kid wrote:
I’ve waited for a Cyber Shadow sale, but I don’t think it’s been reduced often, or by much more than a pound or two. I’ll loop back round to it someday, it sounds exactly like my sort of thing.

Aye I think you'll really like it, another you should look at is Steel Assault - which is also probably better to get in a sale (even if it is only £11.99) as you can be done with it in 1 to 2 hours.

Balla wrote:
I was actually going to ask if you fancied doing this. I'm sure everybody knows what MHR's about, but Cyber Shadow, not so much. So, thanks! Although you might have snuffed out the very last chance of me picking up Axiom Verge 2. Laughing

That's okay as it keeps up your streak of not actually playing games. Winky face.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 8:23

I should probably add, Cyber Shadow is great. It's one of the games I only tried because it was free on Gamepass, but despite it's old school asthetic it really feels tight and modern. A great game I'd recommend to all.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 11:33

Quote :
Persona 5 Strikers - “It's a surprisingly deep take on a Warriors-style game"

I always thought this was a sports spin-off!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 14:35

Great job putting this all together Balla, I've been reading through as the awards have gone up. Very happy with the Nintendo winner, that makes this forum's taste OFFICIALLY better than GRcade Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 18:44

Was there any doubt? Very Happy In seriousness, I do think giving each person one vote apiece for GotY is no way to reflect actual taste.

THE RATHALOS AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR
(13 voters, 25 votes)

The final award, and almost a full house of voters.

Third Place:

Second Place:

And The Winner Is...:

Also got a vote:

With that, voting is now open for the Five Years Of Switch Awards!  Aaaaaaaand has been for the last couple of weeks as well.  I'll edit the OP tomorrow, and maybe put up a Switch-related discussion topic after I've had a break from looking at this thread.  Just as a reminder, we're looking for:
- Ten top games on Switch (with comments ideally!);
- Honourable mentions - I'm not looking for entire games here, ten comments on individual games is going to be enough to sift through, but anything else Switch-related you want to praise.  Companies, characters, worlds, the layout of the eShop...
- Dishonourable mentions - including games that stank out the joint, and anything else Switch-related that did likewise.  Often the best part of our votes, so spread yer bile.
Deadline will be 2359 on Thursday 3rd March at the earliest.  Maybe take a week away from anything vote-related if you fancy it.  I know I do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 19:30

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Great job putting this all together Balla, I've been reading through as the awards have gone up. Very happy with the Nintendo winner, that makes this forum's taste OFFICIALLY better than GRcade Winky Face

What was the GRcade one?

Thanks peeps for the votes, now to make a Mario Strikers, Live A Live, Chrono Cross threads 😀
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 8:54

Metroid Dread won GRcade's vote. I personally prefer Dread, but I have an easier time seeing how MHR is somebody's GotY.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 9:10

Those two hard to separate in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 13:00

Cheers for putting all of that together Balla, 'twas a good read and good effort Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 13:16

Cracking effort Balla! And congratulations to Cappa on a stonking 2021.

As far as the games go, I might be the only person here that's never played Monster Hunter so I'll take your word that it is a banger. What would a Top 5 Monster Hunters be? Or a good one for a noob?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 13:19

Thanks gents!

I think the consensus is that MHR is the most accessible in the series, not that that's saying much. Certainly the last time I tried a MonHun demo. before Rise, I bounced off it hard.

...or the Mash lads could do a vote thread. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 13:39

Congrats to Cappa, well deserved. And cheers for putting this together Balla! Looking forward to the 5 year Switchaversary vote coming up. Smile

gjones wrote:

As far as the games go, I might be the only person here that's never played Monster Hunter so I'll take your word that it is a banger. What would a Top 5 Monster Hunters be? Or a good one for a noob?

It's got to be either Rise or World. Earlier games in the series are great, but I definitely say they pale in comparison to the newest two in the series in regards to accessibility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 13:59

Congratulations top boys! I hope you don't pick me last for the big football game.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 14:28

Rise is both the best Monster Hunter and the best Monster Hunter for a new player
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 15:49

Cheers Ball, good stuff!

I'd say World is what I'd recommend for a single player perspective, it's definitely designed well for onboarding new players and has a bit more story to it. Rise for multiplayer in this day and age, Generations Ultimate or 4U are better than both though for long term fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next